Mansfield manager sacked | Page 3 | Vital Football

Mansfield manager sacked

Wouldn’t be surprised if the Cowley boys were tempted. The Radfords have the money and it’s an easy commute.

It’s a car crash whoever takes it over. Coughlan I suspect handsomely paid, and I understand he left Bristol Rovers to be closer to South Yorkshire. Let’s not forget Bristol Rovers were in the top 7 in League 1 at the time.

Would Cowleys go there? Possibly they will be heavily funded, and in a couple of years might get another promotion on the CV. In hindsight do they look at us now in envy? Absolutely, and I would think that it has been a learning curve that given different circumstances you have to adapt your approach.

Coughlan won 4 out of 27.
Just for context Appleton has won 19 of 43, technically 20 if you include the win on penalties.

If they are offered a contract with Mansfield at hundreds of thousands a year, do the Cowley take it and set themselves and their families up for life? Or do they wait for a “bigger” club like Derby, Forest or Wednesday to come asking? They can still live in Lincoln. Many would take the money and put in a Championship get out clause. Why not? They are workaholics, and workaholics like to work.

The Radfords are reportedly in the billionaire category. What they save in tax by being ex pats would bankroll the Cowleys nicely

Remember the DC quote,’ we always choose the chairman, not the club’ after he became manager of the Imps after talking to Bob Dorian and Clive.
All that becomes total b*ii*x if he takes over at Mansfield.

Remember the DC quote,’ we always choose the chairman, not the club’ after he became manager of the Imps after talking to Bob Dorian and Clive.
All that becomes total b*ii*x if he takes over at Mansfield.

The Mansfield fans seem to hold the Radfords in high regard, and they do seem to have done a lot "off the pitch". It's just their manager recruitment that has been terrible. They'll probably go for Drewe Broughton next.

Not that I think they'll go there. I think they will have noticed that the crowds weren't particularly huge when they were challenging for the L2 title with us so maybe the potential isn't all that great.

The Cowleys were on a phenomenally high salary (by League 2 standards) at Huddersfield and they are still being paid off by them. That will cease when they take another job, so I would imagine that it will take more than Mansfield to tempt them out of their temporary retirement.

Is that a fact (the bit about payoffs ending when they get another job?)