Mansfield manager sacked | Page 6 | Vital Football

Mansfield manager sacked

Listening to Danny on the d3d4 podcast , the way he was talking about Sunderland, was very similar to how he talked about Lincoln in the early days. The connection between the fans and club,etc Said he enjoyed the two Netflix series

If Sunderland don't go up this season , then next season with the salary cap kicking in, they will need a different type of manager and DC would be a good fit. So wouldn't surprise me if this is the one he is hoping for

He also rang Darragh Macanthony for advice on manager/ chairman relationships a couple of weeks ago ( after they made a mixed start). Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up there if things go pear shaped for them.

I suppose, the managerial merry go round season is about to begin. MApp will be in demand but I suspect he will want to get something concrete on his CV before he gets tempted away.
I'm not worried about MA leaving just yet. In addition to wanting something concrete on his cv, he must be excited by what he has already created here and will surely want to see where he can take it.

EDIT: And considering his own comments about impetuously taking the wrong jobs earlier in his managerial career, he is probably very happy with where he is for the time being.

Last edited:
He also rang Darragh Macanthony for advice on manager/ chairman relationships a couple of weeks ago ( after they made a mixed start). Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up there if things go pear shaped for them.
Possibly, but Lincoln had a good general relationship with Fry and MacAnthony during Danny's time here. Angol, Bostwick, Anderson and O'Hara all came to SB within a couple of years, with Woodyard going the other way.

This could be something that interests the Cowley's.
As far as I was aware, they could take another job and the payoff wouldn't stop if their salaries were lower than the Huddersfield salary. Therefore if the Mansfield salary was £500k, they would receive the remaining £1.0m from Huddersfield to make up to the £1.5m.
Their payoff would only end when their full salary was covered by a club or the contract end date with Huddersfield, whichever came first.

But in that case surely they'd work at Mansfield (or wherever) for minimum wage until the Huddersfield end date? They'd still get paid the same but their new club would have more money to spend on other things.

Time for the dream team at Gillingham to be surgically separated and Rayner to step out of the belly of Evans?

It seems to be 'clutching at straws' time over at Stagsnet for the next anointed one to be installed. One even saying give it to a temp as clubs will possibly fold before end of season then there won't be relegation!.

It seems to be 'clutching at straws' time over at Stagsnet for the next anointed one to be installed. One even saying give it to a temp as clubs will possibly fold before end of season then there won't be relegation!.

That is a positive view on your club's future; we are likely to be the worst of 92, but HOPEFULLY we will still be in the league if our money means that we are the worst of 85. What a bright and sunny future they invisage.

It's a fair point though. Even if no clubs go under they would struggle to be worse than Southend.

Some truly bizarre names in there. Why on earth would anybody think that Flynn with his current Newport situation, would swap South Wales for Mansfield etc.
When you think back to the names doing the round after the Cowleys left, this is the same laziness.

Whether the Radfords will carry out a similar level of due diligence is another matter, and their problem.