Japhet Tanganga - Player Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Japhet Tanganga - Player Thread

When I saw the line-up I was expecting him to play between Toby and Rose on the left as Davinson was on the team sheet. All Jose has done by picking him is potentially make me disappointed when he is not selected in future games. I want to see more and more of him.

And get that contract signed.

When I saw the line-up I was expecting him to play between Toby and Rose on the left as Davinson was on the team sheet. All Jose has done by picking him is potentially make me disappointed when he is not selected in future games. I want to see more and more of him.

And get that contract signed.
Absolutely. If Jose perseveres with him and develops him, I'd retract my views on Jose of old where youth means loans. Humble pie most welcomed.

I have been banging on about this lad for a while but especially this season. He has everything just needs games and time . Just hope he commits long term with us .

Jose had this to say about Tanga and the academy players in general: “The kid has reason to be very happy with his level, if not with the result. His first game in the Premier League couldn’t be a bigger one, and he did amazingly. First on the right, then on the left. First against Mane, then against Salah. He was fantastic. It’s a good moment for him, and a message for the kids in the academy. With the right attitude and the right qualities, the opportunity arrives.”

Surely that means he is signing a new deal?

I haven't seen many young CB's getting moved around the back line against Liverpool and end up having two of the best forwards around in his pocket.

Having said that Firmino got the better of him for the goal. Just slightly out of position.

How good could he get with more experience?

Surely that means he is signing a new deal?

I haven't seen many young CB's getting moved around the back line against Liverpool and end up having two of the best forwards around in his pocket.

Having said that Firmino got the better of him for the goal. Just slightly out of position.

How good could he get with more experience?
It was the confidence he showed from the first minute that struck me. He played as though he knew this is where he belonged.

Is his favoured position right CB?

It was the confidence he showed from the first minute that struck me. He played as though he knew this is where he belonged.

Is his favoured position right CB?

He is right footed naturally. I would say he would be better as a RCB.

King was the same but looked great at LCB.

I'm sure Tang can play either well.

Japhet only came in to fruition this season.I don't think Poch would have given him much more of a chance either .i wanted Poch out also but I know Jose will not give Japhet or Parrott a chance. Jose typically only cares about the now doesn't build for the future. I am concerned that we will lose these 2 talents to our rivals and this will come back to haunt us
Oops!

One game . In a game where Jose was never risking anything. Vert has been crap as has Foyth so there was only one option. I am going on how Jose has managed for years . He is not known for promoting youth he is known for spending money. You cannot debate that . I hope he is different here . If I see Japhet and others starting for spurs regularly then I will believe he is changing . One game does not mean a change though

One game . In a game where Jose was never risking anything. Vert has been crap as has Foyth so there was only one option. I am going on how Jose has managed for years . He is not known for promoting youth he is known for spending money. You cannot debate that . I hope he is different here . If I see Japhet and others starting for spurs regularly then I will believe he is changing . One game does not mean a change though

About from at United when he promoted the second most about in the league

Mopo using our youth team is a complete myth people buy into.

Kane was sherwood

Who else has played under Mopo

Winks?
KWP less than a handful of games
Skipp even less than that

Not only that his negatively about loans has cost KWP

By the way, his contract ends in June, so it could also be the talk of him leaving for Liverpool is real.

I hope we can somehow turn this around, but the clocks ticking and it doesn't look good.

By the way, his contract ends in June, so it could also be the talk of him leaving for Liverpool is real.

I hope we can somehow turn this around, but the clocks ticking and it doesn't look good.

I know money talks, but the tone of his interview didn't suggest he was about to fly the nest. I liked his "get my head down and leave it to the manager" comment.

In reality, we've only seen Kane and Winks emerge as elite first teamers in a decade. We've had a decent revenue stream from non top 4 players, but we're due another elite plater. To not be able to keep Japhet and see him thrive elsewhere would be a low point for the club. It hasn't happened with any of the others though. They just find their level.