Japhet Tanganga - Player Thread | Vital Football

Japhet Tanganga - Player Thread

D

Departed

This guy deserves his own thread. With the base he's established for himself and the fact that Pochettino keeps playing him we could be seeing a real star in the making!

Well said 80 he was great. When he took the ball smack in the face at the end but did not turn his back I cheered like we'd scored. He is brave, quick enough and Athletic, he also has that very precious thing (Alderweireld and King had it) of being able to sense danger and when his partner needs help. I was so impressed when he came across and threw in a block when KWP was beaten. For me he is ahead of Foyth at CB. I think he is certainly the next player to make it from the academy he will beat Skipp and Roles and Parrot to the first team.

Not seen him yet as I don't watch pre season friendlies.

Sounds very promising though, will we see much of him this season does anyone think ?

Not seen him yet as I don't watch pre season friendlies.

Sounds very promising though, will we see much of him this season does anyone think ?

Personally, I'd send him on a season-long loan to toughen him up and get used to playing at the top level, he'd be a great signing for one of the newly promoted teams to the championship where he'd be guaranteed playing time and playing pressure football.

But the word is, we may hold him back and keep him as part of the squad, if we keep Toby, I hope we don't or he'll see very little competitive football.

I think it's too early to make the call on whether Japhet should stay with the squad or head out on loan. If Dier and Aurier are still here in 8 days time them I'm guessing a loan would be the right choice.

I don't see a scenario where Poch would play Japhet at centre half if Dier was fit for selection. Also, if Poch does sell Aurier and back Foyth for RB, then it's a no brainer to keep Japhet involved.

Isn't there a contract issue with him though? I thought I read that he had one year only and can walk in a year's time.

I think it's too early to make the call on whether Japhet should stay with the squad or head out on loan. If Dier and Aurier are still here in 8 days time them I'm guessing a loan would be the right choice.

I don't see a scenario where Poch would play Japhet at centre half if Dier was fit for selection. Also, if Poch does sell Aurier and back Foyth for RB, then it's a no brainer to keep Japhet involved.

Isn't there a contract issue with him though? I thought I read that he had one year only and can walk in a year's time.

He had a contract extension in June for another year, which includes an option for one more - I suspect you'll see him have a new deal soon.

been impressed with what I've seen of him in pre season. Madrid are undercooked fitness wise, especially Hazard so not quite ready to put him in first team squad myself - sure Poch will make the right call on this one though.

Reading an article today that Jose is on a charm offensive with Tanganga who has so far turned down any new contract terms offered. Personally, I don't blame Tanganga for negotiating hard with the club. Last thing he needs is to undersell himself and end up like KWP, just making up a homegrown quota and never playing. He's 21 in March, never had a loan and had one cup appearance against Colchester.

Surely we have to get "son of Ledley" on a 5 or 6 year deal and established as a true first team squad member before the churn at centre half happens. He might also need a loan second half of the season.

I have watched this lad through the youth. If we let him leave then we are a joke . I believe he can be as good as ledley . I know that is a big statement but this lad has got all the attributes to be a great just needs the chance

Reading an article today that Jose is on a charm offensive with Tanganga who has so far turned down any new contract terms offered. Personally, I don't blame Tanganga for negotiating hard with the club. Last thing he needs is to undersell himself and end up like KWP, just making up a homegrown quota and never playing. He's 21 in March, never had a loan and had one cup appearance against Colchester.

Surely we have to get "son of Ledley" on a 5 or 6 year deal and established as a true first team squad member before the churn at centre half happens. He might also need a loan second half of the season.

You know what would happen if we loan him out in January? Sanchez or Toby out long term. 😉

I have watched this lad through the youth. If we let him leave then we are a joke . I believe he can be as good as ledley . I know that is a big statement but this lad has got all the attributes to be a great just needs the chance

It takes two to tango, and it's being rumored that he's already been approached - by the bin dippers no less. I hope this talk proves false, but I wouldn't bet on it.

It takes two to tango, and it's being rumored that he's already been approached - by the bin dippers no less. I hope this talk proves false, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I know ex but he needs to shown a bit off love . I know myself if you are a youth and a manager shows you some love it means the world. On the other hand when you hear from everyone that you are good enough to play and you are going to make it . Then the manager ignores you even though you love the club you have to think of your future . I know it broke my heart to leave but you have to think of yourself.