Hugo's Howlers | Page 14 | Vital Football

Hugo's Howlers

Called it a couple seasons ago We should have signed Pickford and made him our number 2

Hugo has been poor for almost a year now.

We make a goalkeeping mistake that costs a goal every other game this season.

Some times 2 a game

Maybe Gazza can make that grade - it certainly looks like he could end up being a top class keeper?

A club our size shouldn't have to hope a second or even third string keeper who has barely played in his career is the answer.

We must buy a keeper and stop doing everything on the cheap.

The reason that the goal off the post was not saved was because of poor positioning by Lloris, if he had been where he should have been it could have been a save, instead he showed again in that game that he was not ready to play yet and made another poor decision. I'm sorry nick, but you really don't seem to know much about goalkeeping do you, even though you tend to spout on about it a lot. Why don't you try watching the whole game instead of trying to make your observations off the highlights, because it is an impossible task to gauge a player's game from ten to fifteen minutes of a match. Gazza should have played, not saying that to piss you off, but he was the obvious choice, kept clean sheet, multiple MOTM and won three games, he was on a winning roll, whereas Lloris was coming back from injury I think too early into a pretty big game, and we all know that he tends to bottle it in big games when he is supposedly on song, so throwing him back into the mix like that was IMHO a huge mistake by Poch.
And as for the last goal Messi one on one with Lloris, that goal was from yet another blunder caused by poor decision making by Lloris, last minute of the game, one goal; behind and he still insists on trying to play out from the back instead of playing the long ball to try and give our forwards a fighting chance, but instead sir-coco the clown manages to lose it and then it's in. Game over.

I have BT sport and watched every minute. I don't rate Lloris....never have, it's deep in this forum's history, I slated him from years back. The 2 goals I refer to were both commented on by pros and ex pros, they all said Lloris had no chance with them.

I agree he had no chance on the saves for them. His positioning had nothing to do with the Rakitic finish, so that's a bizarre comment imo.

However, he was still at fault for the 1st goal and at least partly at fault for the 4th for the reasons listed.

I keep wondering why we have a thread tracking the mistakes of only one player. Some posters' obsession with Lloris has surpassed the flack Lamela is getting around here.

Despite my reservations on Lloris I didn't want to target him in a thread. But the mistakes kept coming and the thread was started by another poster who wanted to challenge the perception that was growing. The thread has not dispelled the doubts, if anything it's proved them to be justified and worth debating.

I agree he had no chance on the saves for them. His positioning had nothing to do with the Rakitic finish, so that's a bizarre comment imo.

However, he was still at fault for the 1st goal and at least partly at fault for the 4th for the reasons listed.

He was at fault but the accusation was that Gazza would have saved the volley and the one on one with Messi . I don't agree , in fact I doubt any keeper would have.

100%. Our defensive unit as a whole is dysfunctional, there is a system failure that has to be addressed asap.

Yup have no spine.

Starts with no effective DM.
I am not exactly sure what the heck is wrong with our CBs...Toby, Vert, Sanchez...ALL look off. Our strength from last season has now become our weakness.

Id buy Butland in Jan. I don't even see him as the long term number one but he's better then Gazzaniga and he'll push Loris. However our frankly shitty scouting net work needs to start searching the world over for a new number one and two.

Yup have no spine.

Starts with no effective DM.
I am not exactly sure what the heck is wrong with our CBs...Toby, Vert, Sanchez...ALL look off. Our strength from last season has now become our weakness.
Its simple mate Toby mentally switched off thought he was gone. Jan over played and knackered Sanchez is a young CB they have these periods and need stability and commitment along side them. Even the imperious Ledley King at Sanchez age had flakely times. His class ment they never lasted,but we need to sort out Toby's contract Asap and as you said many times buy or promote a CM beast.

I think Verts can play with ,.....and bring,... Sanchez along .....help him develop .
Not sure Toby can do that .......he just plays his own game which leave Sanchez exposed . In my opinion

To the mod who deleted my post, maybe you ought to have read it properly.
I didn't say he wasn't at the match, what I said was that he should watch the whole game as one can't make a sensible or accurate assessment of a player in the game just by watching ten to fifteen minutes of highlights on the box. Which is TRUE, you can't because you are just seeing what someone else wants you to see.
Also I was just stating MY opinion that he doesn't know much about goalkeeping because of what he says.
That wasn't "having a go" that was stating an opinion, MY opinion. And in my opinion it is true, he doesn't.
People on here slate players in a far worse way than that, so you are being highly hypocritical by deleting my post.
You would know it if i WERE having a go.
You go back a few years to the days of Coopsie etc and you will find far far worse on there. I have been on here for many many years and commented for all of that time on and off, and this is the first time I have ever had a comment deleted.
Still this is the age of the snowflake brigade, so I shouldn't really be surprised that because I say someone doesn't actually know what they are talking about the comment gets deleted.
Lets see how long before this one gets modded too eh.

I didn't say he wasn't at the match, what I said was that he should watch the whole game as one can't make a sensible or accurate assessment of a player in the game just by watching ten to fifteen minutes of highlights on the box. Which is TRUE, you can't because you are just seeing what someone else wants you to see.
Also I was just stating MY opinion that he doesn't know much about goalkeeping because of what he says.
That wasn't "having a go" that was stating an opinion, MY opinion. And in my opinion it is true, he doesn't.
People on here slate players in a far worse way than that, so you are being highly hypocritical by deleting my post.
You go back a few years to the days of Coopsie etc and you will find far far worse on there. I have been on here for many many years and commented for all of that time on and off, and this is the first time I have ever had a comment deleted.
Still this is the age of the snowflake brigade, so I shouldn't really be surprised that because I say someone doesn't actually know what they are talking about the comment gets deleted.

I watched the whole match on BT Sport. Two pro footballers said Lloris had no chance on the 2 goals mentioned . Your opinion should only go as far as an opposing argument, not insulting other posters by accusing them of not watching or having no knowledge. I have backed up the fact I saw the whole game and that in top pros opinions Lloris had no chance on 2 goals. Your opinion may not match theirs but if you don't mind I'll stick with my own and theirs.

Teams, us included, are struggling to play out of the back. But like many have said...if you are up against a side that is trying to prevent you from playing out the back...and if the players simply are struggling to do it...I don't know maybe STOP DOING IT. (at least for a bit)

I love LLoris but I think its time to either promote Gazza or splash the cash on a young proven keeper, look at the money Chelski spent on Kepa,they took a gamble and he looks the real deal. The problem is, Levy wont splash out on an outfield player so hes not going to do it on a keeper.

Its simple mate Toby mentally switched off thought he was gone. Jan over played and knackered Sanchez is a young CB they have these periods and need stability and commitment along side them. Even the imperious Ledley King at Sanchez age had flakely times. His class ment they never lasted,but we need to sort out Toby's contract Asap and as you said many times buy or promote a CM beast.
Oh To have Player like Ledley coming through the ranks, imagine having him in this team,Legend.. sorry Just getting a bit nostalgic. :-)

Didnt see your Post Chris so I cant comment on it, It would be interesting to see why your post was deleted Mate,can you give me heads up about what it was..