Hugo's Howlers | Vital Football

Hugo's Howlers

Big Chiv

Vital Football Legend
Right, after yesterday's near post howler ( yet again ) against the chavs, I want to keep a proper record of his howlers this season, as I swear they are not as rare as I'm being led to believe by the 'He's a top class keeper ' narrative.

My impression that he fecks up regularly on the big occassion needs to be put to the test once and for all.

I got this from twitter, and if accurate shows what a joke it is to have him as captain, as his bottle goes in the big games.

'' In our last 6 games at Wembley we have conceded 12 goals from 15 shots on target. 12 goals from 15 shots!! Tell me that's normal ''

Would be good if someone can get a collection of them goals. Can make an assessment. Can't remember most of them.

Indeed RD, an analysis of the shots and their proximity should be made, against statuesque defending to decide where the blame lies.

Out of interest, how many absolute howlers per season would anyone expect a world class goalie to make ?

2 ?
4 ?
6 ?
8 ?

Would say Neuer or De Gea be called WC if they made 6 to 8 howlers every season ?

Bald Archie - 21/8/2017 22:06

Ohhhh a thread about stats...... I can imagine the moans of pleasure from some quarters.

36-24-34

That'll make you moan. :39:

I mentioned in the Summer we should have got Pickford to put real pressure on him £30 million for a keeper is nothing considering he could be here for 10 years.

I like Hugo, so I am not going to rip on him.

The issue is none of our first 11 have any pressure on them, they can play badly/make mistakes and there is no worry as there is no one pushing them for a place.

Slightly out of date (season 16/17), but based on a number of criteria, Hugo Lloris was rated the no.1 keeper in the Premier league..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/22/ranking-20-best-goalkeepers-premier-league-201617/hugo-lloris-spurs/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 12.12.47.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 1
he's the no.3 in this selection of the Top 10..

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/17/the-10-best-premier-league-goalkeepers-of-the-season-6642250/

3. Hugo Lloris
From 10 to 1 - the best Premier League goalkeepers of the season
Lloris has the best save percentage of any regular goalkeeper this season (Picture: Getty)

The final guardian of the best defence in the Premier League. Lloris has conceded just 22 goals from 32 appearances, by far the best ratio in the league, and kept 15 clean sheets. Spurs’ high line often concedes far bigger chances to opponents than, say, those presented to United’s opponents, but Lloris is excellent in one-on-ones and ferociously quick of his line to sweep up danger.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/17/the-10-best-premier-league-goalkeepers-of-the-season-6642250/#ixzz4qTw05WmL

and he's no.1. in this one as well...

https://fansided.com/2017/05/04/top-5-goalkeepers-in-the-premier-league-2016-17/

1. Hugo Lloris, Tottenham

Hugo Lloris has been the Premier League’s top goalkeeper in 2016-17, on the Premier League’s best team … well, according to Antonio Conte that is.

Despite having started two less games than Courtois, Lloris sits at the top of the race for the Golden Glove, currently tied with the Belgian. Lloris has achieved a clean sheet in 46 percent of his starts, an amazing feat from the three-time Ligue 1 (France) Goalkeeper of the Year.

Lloris has been scored on just 20 times this season, a low among the keepers on this list. Additionally, Lloris has saved over 76 percent of shots threatening his goal, totaling 61 saves out of 81 shots on target against. More often than not, to score on Lloris, you have to score a goal of the month worthy goal (see Pedro’s goal in the first leg of Chelsea vs. Spurs).
Next: 25 best club soccer teams of all time

Lloris’ brilliance has been crucial to Spurs’ push for the title. The Frenchman heads the list of PFA Player of the Year snubs, as he was denied by de Gea, who’s had another excellent season, but hasn’t matched the Tottenham keeper.

None of which makes him immune from Howlers - so lets see if he makes as 'many' as last season...

Talking of which, how many did he make last season, all season?

last season The respected CIES Football Observatory found that Lloris is statistically the best keeper in the division and the seventh best in Europe.

He'll probably go on a howler run now.... :10:

Llrois those seem to save his howlers for the big games. he made a hash of a simple save Vs arse when spurs where 2-1 playing against 10 men (season Lester won the league) allowing sanchez weak shot to dribble past him. Last season Vs City away two mistakes in one game. Vs the chavs last week Lloris should not of tried to throw the ball out for a fast break especially in the center of the park he should have held on and allowed the spurs players to regroup after all they had all just done a 90yd dash which must take it' toll in the 82nd minute. The fact that a top class keeper and captain to boot made such a poor decision is what bothers me.

Palmover - 22/8/2017 13:30

Llrois those seem to save his howlers for the big games. he made a hash of a simple save Vs arse when spurs where 2-1 playing against 10 men (season Lester won the league) allowing sanchez weak shot to dribble past him. Last season Vs City away two mistakes in one game. Vs the chavs last week Lloris should not of tried to throw the ball out for a fast break especially in the center of the park he should have held on and allowed the spurs players to regroup after all they had all just done a 90yd dash which must take it' toll in the 82nd minute. The fact that a top class keeper and captain to boot made such a poor decision is what bothers me.

I think if we went through the entire team and identified each player's "howlers" that cost us we would find that the mistakes are pretty evenly distributed.

Palmover - 22/8/2017 13:30

the le arse one was the only one that I could instantly recall, but I'm sure there were others..?

If Lloris has a major weakness, in my book it's his distribution - he's far too keen to boot it long and it rarely does what he hopes it will.

I said to my oldest before the free kick was taken he's to far over to his right... if you watch the replay it wasn't a postage stamp top corner strike and his hand is about a foot away from the as it goes in.
Can't believe no of the so called pundits didn't give him a bit on that one.
He's a very good goalie but I feel he has too many ricks in him as he has no real competition for his place.