Hugo's Howlers | Page 16 | Vital Football

Hugo's Howlers

Agree I don't think the original was worthy of deletion. However was a bit ridiculous to tell someone they don't know what they're talking about for saying Lloris's positioning wasn't the reason Rakitic's shot went in, when the shot was smashed in off the post. Still think that's a dodgy shout for someone who claims to know much more about goalkeeping than the person they accuse of "spouting"... Fairly sure 99.9% of keepers wouldn't have got anywhere near that and all the pundits said similar.

Agree I don't think the original was worthy of deletion. However was a bit ridiculous to tell someone they don't know what they're talking about for saying Lloris's positioning wasn't the reason Rakitic's shot went in, when the shot was smashed in off the post. Still think that's a dodgy shout for someone who claims to know much more about goalkeeping than the person they accuse of "spouting"... Fairly sure 99.9% of keepers wouldn't have got anywhere near that and all the pundits said similar.
He also accused me of not watching whole matches which was false in this instance. I felt I had been unfairly treated and dealt with it. It's done and dusted now and maybe we can all learn from it. We can challenge opinions or statements proporting to be fact but there is no need for false or unfair accusations on a personal level.

He also accused me of not watching whole matches which was false in this instance. I felt I had been unfairly treated and dealt with it. It's done and dusted now and maybe we can all learn from it. We can challenge opinions or statements proporting to be fact but there is no need for false or unfair accusations on a personal level.
Sorry about saying that you didn't watch the whole game, but I thought you'd said you only watched highlights, my bad if I got that wrong.
But hey, all is cool, but I still reckon Lloris was out of position for that shot and could have made a possible save if he were better positioned, but let's agree to differ on that one eh.
Let's just hope we win our next one a bit easier than the Cardiff game yeah.

Sorry about saying that you didn't watch the whole game, but I thought you'd said you only watched highlights, my bad if I got that wrong.
But hey, all is cool, but I still reckon Lloris was out of position for that shot and could have made a possible save if he were better positioned, but let's agree to differ on that one eh.
Let's just hope we win our next one a bit easier than the Cardiff game yeah.

That would be good for so many reasons. Perhaps for me so that Skipp or KWP can get a chance when the game is safe.

There has been worse but there is an effort to cut out personal insults by the mods plus I ain't the type to take it on the chin. My views on the keeping performance were backed up by top professionals and I watched the whole game so I considered my comments valid.
Fair Point Nick.

Garth Crooks on Lloris:

Goalkeeper - Hugo Lloris
I might be a Tottenham fan, but I'm not a fan of Hugo Lloris. For a top-class goalkeeper, he makes too many errors in the games that matter. The World Cup final was a typical example.

That is a damning indictment of the France World Cup winner, I admit, but readers of my team of the week will know I have been a consistent critic of his for the past two seasons.

Nevertheless, he makes my team because of an excellent performance against a West Ham side who should have got something from the game.

Saves by Lloris were the reason why they didn't, but the claim from Mauricio Pochettino that Lloris is one of the best goalkeepers in the world is extremely generous.

Did you know? Lloris made four big saves against West Ham in Spurs' 1-0 win at the London Stadium.

Garth Crooks on Lloris:

Goalkeeper - Hugo Lloris
I might be a Tottenham fan, but I'm not a fan of Hugo Lloris. For a top-class goalkeeper, he makes too many errors in the games that matter. The World Cup final was a typical example.

That is a damning indictment of the France World Cup winner, I admit, but readers of my team of the week will know I have been a consistent critic of his for the past two seasons.

Nevertheless, he makes my team because of an excellent performance against a West Ham side who should have got something from the game.

Saves by Lloris were the reason why they didn't, but the claim from Mauricio Pochettino that Lloris is one of the best goalkeepers in the world is extremely generous.

Did you know? Lloris made four big saves against West Ham in Spurs' 1-0 win at the London Stadium.

I'm sure if he scored a goal he'd think he was the best GK in the league. His analysis is usually terrible.

Hugo says he doesn't want to retire at Spurs so we had better start looking at a new number one and a new captain. His heart is not with us.

Hugo says he doesn't want to retire at Spurs so we had better start looking at a new number one and a new captain. His heart is not with us.

What? I'd really like to see the comment and the context before making such a statement.

I think it's in the Evening standard. He was asked if Spurs would be his last club ? He said....I don't think so.

To be fair to him he has given us his best years, I don't mind him saying that.

We should be looking at the best young keepers around. That way they can have a season or two of bedding in before he goes.