Hugo's Howlers | Page 12 | Vital Football

Hugo's Howlers

It all adds up. Poor at pens
Not sure anyone has called a non penalty save a howler. I did say he is crap at them though.
it's a thread titled Hugo,s Howlers . And he is getting stick for not saving penalties . As I said earlier , keepers are not expected or entitled to save penalties unless they are piss poor ones . Not saving a penalty does not make him crap at them . Not sure why you are bringing this up.
Missing an open goal with a header from two yards out that Sandra would have scored , now that makes you crap .

Exactly it's a thread to log Hugos errors. I mentioned his near post failure for France to keep it up to date. Then the conversation expanded as it often does. I noticed a long time ago he rarely saves pens and my perception is backed up with him not even being in Europe's top 50 ratio wise.I brought it up years ago and it hasn't changed. I'm not all of a sudden plucking it out of nowhere.

Exactly it's a thread to log Hugos errors. I mentioned his near post failure for France to keep it up to date. Then the conversation expanded as it often does. I noticed a long time ago he rarely saves pens and my perception is backed up with him not even being in Europe's top 50 ratio wise.I brought it up years ago and it hasn't changed. I'm not all of a sudden plucking it out of nowhere.

An error is not a howler . We all know what a Hugo Howler is . This is not a thread to log every error Hugo made . If we were to start threads to log errors every player made during a season we would be here until Uncle Joe gets his wallet out .
I will say it one more time ,just for clarity .
Failing to save a penalty is not an error. It is not a howler . There is not a goalkeeper in the world that is expected to save a penalty unless it is a very poorly taken one .
That's it . I won't say another word on the subject except to reiterate that I bet Harry Kane made more howlers than Hugo last season and wasn't castigated for hardly any of them

Thank God it's the last word. A howler doesn't need to end in a goal.Its a howler thread and hopefully all the content refers to howlers. The pen reference was a side note. A keeper error is far more serious than a strikers. There is no comparison. Nobody said a pen was a howler, although it could be. Please no more pedantics.

Still would take Hugo all day everyday as our keeper. We are lucky to have him.

Now let’s do him a solid and provide his back line, high line, a solid DM to hinder the opposition attack, and especially their counters.

Thank God it's the last word. A howler doesn't need to end in a goal.Its a howler thread and hopefully all the content refers to howlers. The pen reference was a side note. A keeper error is far more serious than a strikers. There is no comparison. Nobody said a pen was a howler, although it could be. Please no more pedantics.

I really don't think you have a clue what you are saying . This post contains at least five contradictions , one howler and at least one error, but as I said , I'm saying no more about it .:tophat:

just when you thought he'd come back to Spurs feeling like Superman having captained his team to the world cup he shows there's still always going to be kryptonite.

Hopefully he's got all the howlers out of his system this season so he can use his experience to guide us to silverware!

just when you thought he'd come back to Spurs feeling like Superman having captained his team to the world cup he shows there's still always going to be kryptonite.

Hopefully he's got all the howlers out of his system this season so he can use his experience to guide us to silverware!

The Final blooper was a shame as up till then I thought he'd had a great WC, he had made some great saves in earlier games.

No doubt Hugo is a great shot stopper, but a footballer he is not.
To be world class you need to be decent with your feet as well as your hands. He did make some extremely good saves during the WC though.

When a keeper jumps up around 18 inches to tip a shot over the bar that's hit straight at them, why do they crumple in a heap on landing. ? Are they incapable of coming down on their feet ? I watched Hugo tip one over straight at him then it then embellish it . It was a standard straight forward save but he had to arch his back and come down on his side, cushioning his fall of course. It's simulation.

Not seen much of Alisson. Hope he's flappy and useless with crosses and commanding his box.

Anyone up for signing Karius as our backup keeper?

karius. no please not. must be a joke asking for him. he makes more errors then all the england keepers in the last 10 years together minus pickford. Pickford would be the keeper I would be after. But really Hugo is not our weakest spot. in my opinion he is still in the top 4 of the premier league.

The Sun have today decided that as no transfers seem to be happening this week....they'd go for this one:

Acording to them Real Madrid are preparing to off 60 mill for LLoris..and that's on top of the 50 mill for Tripps and the 250 mill for Harry kane..

I wonder if these journo's get performance bonus's i.e. an extra pound for made-up stories/more pay for more clicks etc?

Tottenham man Hugo Lloris could be a 'keeper' for Real Madrid
Sport360 staff
time-icon.png
26 minutes ago

Hugo-Lloris-1.jpg

Real Madrid‘s pursuit of a keeper to replace poor Keylor Navas has stretched over years – now it is understood that World Cup winner Hugo Lloris is a fresh transfer target.

Thibaut Courtois has been the name on everyone’s lips where Real is concerned – with the Chelsea keeper entering the last year of his contract – but the La Liga club are confident of snapping up Lloris for £60 million, according to The Sun.

Though Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy is loath to give up any of his star men, that sum for a 31-year-old keeper is likely to prick up his ears.

Liverpool splurged £66.9m on Brazil No1 Alisson last week, almost doubling the previous record for a keeper set by countryman Ederson last year when moving to Manchester City.
Should buying Belgium’s Courtois prove troublesome then Lloris does indeed seem a viable option – given that long-term target David De Gea agreed a fresh contract with Manchester United last month.