How old are you and how long have you been VTID...like to understand the age group on here | Page 5 | Vital Football

How old are you and how long have you been VTID...like to understand the age group on here

Well I had to tell my boss to stop talking to me so I could answer lol
Almost went to Filbert St for that one but then we couldn't go for some reason. Remember listening to the updates on the radio.... "Nicholl has scored again!"

26. First game was against Sunderland in 2003, we won 1-0 with Allback scoring the winner and GT addressing the crowd after the game. My mum and dad bought me a half season ticket for my 13th birthday 18 months later and I've been going ever since!

26. First game was against Sunderland in 2003, we won 1-0 with Allback scoring the winner and GT addressing the crowd after the game. My mum and dad bought me a half season ticket for my 13th birthday 18 months later and I've been going ever since!

Allback. Forgotten about him. 2003? Could we have more like you Holte139 please. I was beginning to thing we were a dying breed.

Allback. Forgotten about him. 2003? Could we have more like you Holte139 please. I was beginning to thing we were a dying breed.

When was your first game mate? Just looked back on the thread and don't think I can see a post from you.

Young person alert :toot::toot:Who allowed these youngsters into the OAP lounge :wagging::rofl:It's nice to know that we have at least 5 Vital Villans under the age of 35.

Clearly masochists one and all. Not only have they chosen to support the Villa but they also come on here to listen to us miserable old gits reminisce about the good times and moan about all and sundry. Fair play to you :clap::clap:

I'm a few weeks older than Erod which must make me the Godfather of Vital Villa.
My first game was in November 1963 v Bolton - 3-0 to Villa.
My parents lived in Brum from the mid 1950s to 1990. I first started supporting the Villa after my Dad started sending me the SPORTS ARGUS every Saturday night.

I'm a few weeks older than Erod which must make me the Godfather of Vital Villa.
My parents lived in Brum from the mid 1950s to 1990. I first started supporting the Villa after my Dad started sending me the SPORTS ARGUS every Saturday night.
Yep my dad did the same even if it was 6ft of snow....I'll get you a shovel...fetch...:yes::yes::bounce:

Bit ahead of you BBJ.:wahey: Can't remember actual first game but was 61/62 season. First game I do remember vividly (this is why I live in hope!) was v Leicester April 1962 which we won 8-3. Bobby Thompson got 3 and The Doog got 2. Went again a few days later on my birthday to see us beat N Forest, I think it was 5-1. Became a regular the next season and that was the year we lost 10 or 11 games on the trot. But some great players - never forget Jimmy McEwan steaming down the wing with his bandy legs and Harry Burrows terrifying goalies when he shot - could take their heads off.

Clearly masochists one and all. Not only have they chosen to support the Villa but they also come on here to listen to us miserable old gits reminisce about the good times and moan about all and sundry. Fair play to you :clap::clap:

Most definitely and to make matters worse, I wasn’t born into it, had my choice of any team in the world to support, have to deal with friends/family who climbed aboard a winning (well somewhat, my brothers a fan of le arse so he loves losing and false hope as much as I do) bandwagon.

But it’s as they say, Villa chose me and I’ve been well and truly obsessed/borderline addicted ever since

I'll be 39 in 3 weeks.

Just saying.

You don't have to all chip in and buy me presents.

Well you do actually... if you read the small print when you signed up.

44 (only just mind !!!).

First game 1982, Brighton at home 3-0 win.

There cannot possibly be people on here who have only seen their first game in 2003. Fuck right off!
Lol

just older...but not old and I'm considerably more younger than yow....well 4yrs tbh....:lol::wahey::wahey:

You can continue in the denial stage if you like but the closer you get to 60, the more difficult it becomes :grinning:

PS. When was the last time an attractive young thing gave you the eye. Yeah, now you get it lol:hmmm:

Last edited: