How old are you and how long have you been VTID...like to understand the age group on here | Page 7 | Vital Football

How old are you and how long have you been VTID...like to understand the age group on here

Great story KMitch You can always remind Utd fans that Villa were one of the original 12 founder members of the first football league and our own William Macgregor. Started the whole thing.
Age 70.first game 1st February 1958. Dad lives in Leicester during the war and saw the Foxes play villa in what was(l think a war time friendly).dad took a shine to the villa and in Dickensian coincidence fashion ended up living in aston.dad gave us the choice of being villa boys or death.perhaps foolishly my brothers,Christy, Martin and l chose the villa.however,on reflection,l have seen our beloved football club win the f.a. cup, league cups a plenty, the title best team in England and beating Bayern Munich and Barcelona in European cup finals.thanks dad.

Enjoyed reading through this thread. As my Vital name suggests, I was a 66 baby.....four months before Bobby Moore lifted the World Cup. First game was around 1970 and continued to attend regularly with family throughout the seventies.....from being completely useless aged 4 to winners of the first division and champs of Europe by the time I'd turned 16......what a 12 years that was! Other than the successes in '81 and '82 I absolutely loved the 76/77 season when I gradually started to believe I was supporting a team that was actually quite good....loved those days as a 10/11 year old and became totally obsessed with Ron Saunders and his band of merry men! Fast forward to 2018 and this is my 30th consecutive season as a season ticket holder in K5 of the Upper Holte....my 20 year old son has been a season ticket holder for 14 years and if I compare his first fourteen years to mine....like chalk and cheese and yet he still has the Villa bug....just like his old man but as yet without the fantastic memories......it's about time the lion roared again! :utv::utv::utv:

About to hit 50 in November, first game 1979 beating Liverpool courtesy of going with my aunt and uncle and cousins who were reds. My mom's dad was villa and he passed away in 1975 but that's where I got it from and now my 18 year old is villa mad and my 9 year old is going to take a bit more work on but as I told him, youre villa in this house or you don't live here, his mom told me Im mad but that's the rules.

About to hit 50 in November, first game 1979 beating Liverpool courtesy of going with my aunt and uncle and cousins who were reds. My mom's dad was villa and he passed away in 1975 but that's where I got it from and now my 18 year old is villa mad and my 9 year old is going to take a bit more work on but as I told him, youre villa in this house or you don't live here, his mom told me Im mad but that's the rules.
Nice story - eleven when I first went, I remember my Dad once mentioning he was at Villa when in 1946 for an FA Cup 6th round tie against Derby County ..... amongst 76,588

Just hit 70 two weeks ago had my birthday celebration in the corner flag restaurant, born in Park Rd just up from the Church Dad give me first name Keith after Villa keeper Jones.unbroken season ticket holder
46 years. Used to get in when a kid under turnstiles or half time when gates opened, went to Rotterdam & Inter Milan (travelled with Sir Graham) Super Cup was memorable also the 4 goals at Leicester by Nicholl. Players I remember Moss Hitchens McParland Jimmy McEwan
Nigel Simms Bobby Thompson from older generation. Brian Little was great to watch especially when in the great youth team bringing big
crowds to watch youth game. Paul McGrath, Mortimer, Ricoh etc have
all been special i could go on all day reminiscing, but hope Dean Smith can sort out our team & additions of his choice in January.
Would be great to see us back in the Prem in the top 6 before I become a Holtender in the Sky