Football .....The Return... | Page 5 | Vital Football

Football .....The Return...

It's v.worrying that we are both owned and about to be invested in by people we know little or nothing about - even the venkys were know about.
Could have disaster written all over it this 🙄
In a lighter vein - will the new investors also be buying us a big tele ?

Saw some stats on earlier (seemed reputable) that we have 45% of our 1st team squad (inc loan players) whose contract expires on 30th June. This is against a league average of 38%. Seems inconceivable they are trying to finish the season.

Just watched ITV Evening news & at the end the broadcaster announced that there was some good news to report regarding getting back to playing football....cue footage of Asian players entering a stadium with loads of masked up staff doing temp checks whilst going into the ground. Then it cut to them training where they were 2mtrs apart, advised not to spit & if they were to feel an injury or unwell would be seen by medical staff in full ppe - what utter nonsense just to try & get sport back up n running. It was said that the Premier league will be keeping a close eye on developments then it cut to Raheem Sterling who just mumbled something along the lines of worrying times - certainly didn't seem all that keen- hardly the good news the reporter promised at the beginning of the clip!!!
Surely sport needs to take a back seat at the minute whilst there are lots more urgent priorities to be looked at but it seems the big bucks premier league care for one thing only - themselves.

So, if all primary school children are expected to start returning to their classroom with the staff from the beginning of June it looks like we will probably see the return of our league in the same month.
As a season ticket holder and to help the club would you be willing to pay an additional subscription fee to watch all streamed remaining matches that are played behind closed doors and how much?
For me, £10 a game seems reasonable on pay as you go basis.

So, if all primary school children are expected to start returning to their classroom with the staff from the beginning of June it looks like we will probably see the return of our league in the same month.
As a season ticket holder and to help the club would you be willing to pay an additional subscription fee to watch all streamed remaining matches that are played behind closed doors and how much?

It's a big NO for me Sid, not because I don't want to help the club but I watched a game on TV, think it might have been BT Sports - it was the Man Utd away Europa league game behind closed doors just before lockdown....think they won 4 / 5 nil, its was absolutely dreadful to watch, zero atmosphere, zero excitement when either team were attacking & the commentary team were just as bad - dull, boring & lacking in any excitement in their commentary.....all in all a woeful dip into televised closed door football.....no thank you

No, pretty much for the same reasons Jock outlined. I find watching games bcd a tedious and boring experience. I wouldn’t watch them if it was free so certainly wouldn’t pay for the privilege. Each to their own though.

As I've paid for my STs already the home games should be free, as I've paid my sky sports subs already the aways should be free n'all
So it's a no from me

I have seen figures quoted about the cost of covid testing. For championship clubs they reckon it’ll cost around 200,000 PER CLUB.

The efl say each club will be liable for the bill - though reckon they’ll stump up the cost and then deduct it from money for to be given next season. I find this absolutely disgusting and scandalous, especially as clubs have no matchday income and won’t for some considerable time. For L1 and 2 clubs they reckons it’s around 150 grand each. No exaggeration to say it could literally force some clubs to the wall and that’s before any other costs are factored in for finishing ‘this season’.

There is a distinct lack of leadership at the efl which has been demonstrated for several years. This latest debacle is yet another example that it is no longer fit for purpose. Clubs fighting like rats in a sack with their own self interests whilst the football authorities just carry on arranging the deckchairs. Is it too much to ask that someone makes a decision for the greater good of the game as opposed to this continued indecision.

Typical of the pampered prem stars, getting tested before people on the front line......such a joke that it makes me feel that I'd not be arsed if football went bust....

Looks like the link above has been removed. The just of the link was that Harry Kane let it slip that premier league players had received covid 19 testing before key workers.....

Really? If that is true then it frankly beggars belief.

Really? If that is true then it frankly beggars belief.

Apparently gave an interview on GMT & let it slip that players had been tested....just Google - Harry Kane covid interview....take you to Entertainment Daily n tells u all u need to know....
F@ckin pampered prima donnas.....

If the clubs paid for the tests fair enough.
If they queue jumped and got freebies... hmmm

Have to say that the testing centre that I pass every day (at different times) is empty.

Apparently the guidance is that if one player tests positive at any point the whole squad is in isolation for 14 days, as per phe guidance. The chances of no one testing positive across an entire divisions squad I’d suggest are slim - so seems illogical to even consider restarting given the time constraints.

Started watching the Dortmund v Shalke game today and fell asleep before half time, absolutely no atmosphere.
Did you miss all the goals Zakky ? 😉🤣
I'm supporting Hertha Berlin who have a nice ticsesque blue and white striped kit 🔵⚪😁

Said before on an earlier post, games played behind closed doors on tv are as dull as dishwater, no atmosphere, no excitement or desire to carry on watching after the first few minutes when u realise it ain't gonna get any better. God help us when it becomes the Prem n championship games....how the hell are Sky gonna big it up....Super Sunday will become Sunday Snooze, whilst Monday Night Football(MNF) will become Mindless Numbing Farce.......can't wait...NOT:shake:

Said before on an earlier post, games played behind closed doors on tv are as dull as dishwater, no atmosphere, no excitement or desire to carry on watching after the first few minutes when u realise it ain't gonna get any better. God help us when it becomes the Prem n championship games....how the hell are Sky gonna big it up....Super Sunday will become Sunday Snooze, whilst Monday Night Football(MNF) will become Mindless Numbing Farce.......can't wait...NOT:shake:

I suspect viewing figures will be okay for the first week then drop off a cliff as folk finally realise professional football is nothing without fans.