Football .....The Return... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Football .....The Return...

That is a really good point. Footballers are spitting all the time during a game and I understand this is a natural function for sportspeople so how can they think to start up again when being at such close contact and all that spitting.
Imagine last match of the season and Garner is one on one on the Fulham keeper 90 mins at 0-0 and he snurches up a big green un and threatens to let go is that ungentlemanly conduct?

Imagine last match of the season and Garner is one on one on the Fulham keeper 90 mins at 0-0 and he snurches up a big green un and threatens to let go is that ungentlemanly conduct?

Yes red card to you as well for GROSS misconduct

Couple of gems today.

Rick Parry - ‘It’s important to finish the season by the end of July - as a lot of contracts expire at the end of June.’ Eh?

Gordon Taylor ‘games may not be 45 minutes each way’

Of course it’s all to maintain sporting integrity they insist. Give me fucking strength. It’s nothing at all to do with that. Nothing. They have no integrity if they can’t admit the real reason.

There is no sporting integrity when they want to fundamentally change the completion rules mid season such as number of subs, length of games, different squads, playing beyond the season end, erosion of the concept of home advantage with supporters, playing in neutral venues, playing on the opposite side of the world and any other ludicrous idea they've come up with. The desperation of these people is abundantly evident.

I have it on good authority that they will play games for 20 minutes only, no turnround at half time, and regardless of the scores at full time, it will be "next goal wins" ......... unless the ball belongs to the losing team, in which case, the game will be abandoned.

Oh, and it's Rushin' goalies.

I have it on good authority that they will play games for 20 minutes only, no turnround at half time, and regardless of the scores at full time, it will be "next goal wins" ......... unless the ball belongs to the losing team, in which case, the game will be abandoned.

Oh, and it's Rushin' goalies.

And given that covid can stick to metal goal posts they’ll be using jumpers.

Holt has a very good point, though the government shouldn't really need to be the saving grace. Without the EFL, the Premier League - and maybe more importantly, the England & other nations setups will fall apart.

I suppose for a while, the Premier League will survive through signing foreign players.

It's OK the big teams hoovering up much of the young talent at a very early age, but as they get older, they still need to get game time (through the loan system). Also, the upward filtering of players from lower leagues to the Prem will be massively restricted.

An "I'm alright Jack" approach just won't work. I very much doubt though that Sky, The Premier League and (especially) the big clubs won't see it that way.

Got another phone call from the club today to see if we are still ok which I do appreciate. The caller stayed on about 20 mins and we chatted mostly about footy and he said he had spoken to Johnathon Jackson who said the Chinese were still on board even with all this.He also said their main concern was for the welfare of all staff and fans.
Well done Latics

Got another phone call from the club today to see if we are still ok which I do appreciate. The caller stayed on about 20 mins and we chatted mostly about footy and he said he had spoken to Johnathon Jackson who said the Chinese were still on board even with all this.He also said their main concern was for the welfare of all staff and fans.
Well done Latics
Wasn't Darren Royle who called you Zakky was it ? - thought not 🤣

It’ll be interesting to see what it’s like when it eventually does return. A lot of home truths will come out and we’ll see the true colours of many people involved in the game. We all love watching football and whilst players should be paid the game shouldn’t be about money. I’ve been watching lots of non-league games and enjoyed it. Football will return, if the Premier League want to fuck everyone over then other clubs will continue in some way even if it means re-forming because they’ve gone out of business. We’ll all continue supporting our local club and nobody can take away what happened in the past. Hopefully all of this will be a reality check and it will become more about what actually goes on on the pitch rather than how much money can be made. The thought of even playing a game whilst all this is going on is ridiculous.

It’ll be interesting to see what it’s like when it eventually does return. A lot of home truths will come out and we’ll see the true colours of many people involved in the game. We all love watching football and whilst players should be paid the game shouldn’t be about money. I’ve been watching lots of non-league games and enjoyed it. Football will return, if the Premier League want to fuck everyone over then other clubs will continue in some way even if it means re-forming because they’ve gone out of business. We’ll all continue supporting our local club and nobody can take away what happened in the past. Hopefully all of this will be a reality check and it will become more about what actually goes on on the pitch rather than how much money can be made. The thought of even playing a game whilst all this is going on is ridiculous.
For starters clubs should insist that players cover the fees of their agents in full - the fact that clubs have historically coughed up to these parasites is unbelievable

According to this we are bottom of the table when it comes to commercial revenue with just 1 million pounds

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fo...red-rivals-hull-city-and-derby-county-2844130

also the retained list for under23s and youth is out

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-retained-lists-out-2844144

For us to be a recent Premier League club and get similar crowds to Rotherham who despite being smaller earnt 4m more in commercial revenue reflects poorly on our commercial team.

Some of those commercial figures look very weird....

I wonder just how many clubs have sponsorship deals with links to their owners.....A good way around FFP.

When you compare the figures to clubs like Everton, Leicester, Newcastle and WHU all get 30k plus crowds and are in the Premier League, then you'll be questioning the figures in that article.

If this goes on for any length of time we are in big trouble. As we won’t get any help. Today I see the EFL have docked Macclesfield 7 points. But the didn’t punish Bolton.

I'm interested in Wigan's commercial revenue value.
From what I understand, under DW the club got the price of a ticket for the prawn sarnie stuff and the rest went straight to DW / The Stadium Company.
Source-- Former commercial manager and it was stated in front of the Chief Exec (who never suggested otherwise).
I wonder whether things have changed. Might have to have a nosey in the accounts again.