Football .....The Return... | Vital Football

Football .....The Return...

I’m less concerned about the remainder of my current season ticket ....and more worried that Oct 1st looks to be the earliest possible time we’ll get back in the ground.
Worse yet, the intimations coming out of all official sources that I can see, suggest that the prospect of attending in October is itself ‘wishful thinking’.
Looks like some indeterminate point in 2021 at this stage, which if true calls into question the point and viability of launching any 2020/21 season?

The Premiership maybe ?....with Sky money to fund it ? Although again without spectators it removes the atmosphere and the appeal even to watch on TV.

Were that to be case, the idea that there will be 72 EFL league clubs (The Bury issue notwithstanding) left standing sounds more than fanciful.

How much would it cost to have a decent camera setup at every game, and stream it?

I don't pay for the Latics TV, but if we couldn't go to the games, I'd be happy to pay certainly £5, maybe £10 per game to watch a decent camera setup ............ if it's just the one, with no zoom, then I think £5 tops.

That must be an option.

I think October is being optimistic in my lay opinion. This virus isn’t going away and packing out grounds seems a bad idea. Unless ground capacities are vastly reduced to about 20-25% and available seats spaced out unless you go with a household member. No away fans either. Seems very onerous to implement however and probably couldn’t be done at those grounds that still have terraces. Not my idea I hasten to add and I don’t know how you would manage concourse congregation or at the urinal troughs.

As a guide ECB have now cancelled all cricket until at least July. I just can’t see any games behind closed doors to be honest, there is no way to observe social distance guidance and anyone that gets it must mean an entire team gets quarantined.

Talk now of finalising leagues by points per game - so we’d be safe but seems grossly unfair to be relegated on that basis, unless a team is already gone like Bowton or Sarfend.

How much would it cost to have a decent camera setup at every game, and stream it?

I don't pay for the Latics TV, but if we couldn't go to the games, I'd be happy to pay certainly £5, maybe £10 per game to watch a decent camera setup ............ if it's just the one, with no zoom, then I think £5 tops.

That must be an option.

Probably not much is the answer as they are at every ground. It would obviously be red button quality so one camera, no replays.

Each to their own but personally I wouldn’t watch behind closed door games, just not the thing that appeals to me.

Talk now of finalising leagues by points per game - so we’d be safe but seems grossly unfair to be relegated on that basis, unless a team is already gone like Bowton or Sarfend.

The Dutch league have cancelled the season .....no relegation/promotion, even though there were a couple of certainties.

The Dutch league have cancelled the season .....no relegation/promotion, even though there were a couple of certainties.

I think that’s the way everyone will go. There’s no ideal, or best solution but given, certainly in England, no one has won a league, been promoted or relegated it seems the fairest resolution I’ve seen.

I wouldn’t want a refund, if people took them up it would screw the club and this is a crisis outside their control.

I wasn't really suggesting a refund of ST money but maybe used as a credit for any games that are screened.
I am all for postponing the start of next season for EFL clubs until such time as spectators are allowed to attend however long that may take although it will be a nightmare for clubs in keeping squads intact.

I wasn't really suggesting a refund of ST money but maybe used as a credit for any games that are screened.
I am all for postponing the start of next season for EFL clubs until such time as spectators are allowed to attend however long that may take although it will be a nightmare for clubs in keeping squads intact.

The big picture for the efl should be doing what’s necessary to maintain the long term viability of clubs and I think this maybe beginning to dawn on them. If that means calling a halt to this campaign given the costs involved then so be it. I agree about a postponement until fans can attend as professional football is nothing without them. Just surviving this period will be the key aim for all clubs, I'm not sure they’ll worry too much about maintaining squads, those out of contract i suspect won’t be renewed unless they have significant resale value.

That must be an option.

It will most def be an option but as Zeb2 said, there wouldn't be much call if no real atmosphere at the ground....I watched Man Utds last Europa league away game on tv which was played behind closed doors & it was painful to watch....if fact Moonay it was worse than watching cricket n that takes alot. It could well spell the end of a fair few clubs. I also heard UEFA announcing a rescue package....prob for their elite teams no doubt.

They may as well call off the 20/21 season and complete the 19/20 season instead as it may be the same time next year before we are back on.
One of my group said at the Luon game that it could very well be the last time we ever see tics play- if so what a way to finish 😳

With no one going in stadiums. This will lead to the games all being televised. Massive increase in sports subscriptions. Therefore an additional fund must be negotiated by sky etc to filter through the leagues otherwise many clubs won't survive.

Difficult situation though because if they hold off until fans can go back that's even longer with no cash and even more clubs will go under.

With no one going in stadiums. This will lead to the games all being televised. Massive increase in sports subscriptions. Therefore an additional fund must be negotiated by sky etc to filter through the leagues otherwise many clubs won't survive.

Difficult situation though because if they hold off until fans can go back that's even longer with no cash and even more clubs will go under.

Can't see too much clamouring to watch games behind closed doors NS especially if there's a 'massive' increase in subscription charges....def not looking good for sport in general.

Probably not much is the answer as they are at every ground. It would obviously be red button quality so one camera, no replays.

Each to their own but personally I wouldn’t watch behind closed door games, just not the thing that appeals to me.

I’ve had a Latics Tv subscription all season. Every game now has multiple cameras, replays, live score and time and Latics commentary of Guy Clarke and Tommy Gore. They do a great job.

This was not always the case.
Last season, besides TV slots, it was only one camera at the DW, and majority of teams, no clock or scoreboard! Two seasons ago in League One, it was one camera and no commentary and the three seasons before that were only on Wish Fm and radio.... so things have gotten quite better!