Football .....The Return... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Football .....The Return...

And another one bites the dust.

It makes our lot talking about a return behind closed doors look a little silly ........ not to say greedy ......... and selfish ?

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-frances-ligue-1-201920-season-is-cancelled-20200428
Quite agree Moonay,it is starting to look like the UK and Germany are the only ones that cannot grasp that this virus supercedes all their plans,which seem based on money rather than lives!If a premier league game goes ahead behind closed doors you can guarantee thousands of idiots will gather outside the stadia as Spain found out!! The season must be ended now and hope for next season to start September/October! Too many lives have/will be lost and football has no divine right to play through it!!

Has to be the finances.
The Daily Mail has been posting various bits and bobs.
Championship clubs must be burning holes in their owners pockets at the moment.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...aking-Charlton-way-Bury-EFL-change-rules.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...000-Crazy-wages-dont-add-EFL-clubs-brink.html

Our final 9 games were
Away - Sat March 14 - Huddersfield Town
Home - Wed March 18 - Blackburn Rovers
Home - Sat March 21 - Stoke City
Away - Sat April 4 - Brentford FC
Home - Fri April 10 - Queens Park Rangers
Away - Mon April 13 - Barnsley FC
Home - Sat April 18 - Hull City
Away - Sat April 25 - Charlton Athletic
Home - Sat May 2 - Fulham

Last edited:
Quite agree Moonay,it is starting to look like the UK and Germany are the only ones that cannot grasp that this virus supercedes all their plans,which seem based on money rather than lives!If a premier league game goes ahead behind closed doors you can guarantee thousands of idiots will gather outside the stadia as Spain found out!! The season must be ended now and hope for next season to start September/October! Too many lives have/will be lost and football has no divine right to play through it!!

You don't half talk some shite, we all can't go out bloody horse riding, the football back on will show the millions of people around the country that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Apart from key workers like myself others have had to stay indoors for weeks and no doubt been climbing the walls, have a bloody word with yourself you self centred get!

At least some live sport on TV would relieve the boredom.

the football back on will show the millions of people around the country that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

So just how would you propose that then Norm? Behind closed doors? With an attendance? Limited attendance (socially distanced) or full? When from? Finish off the season? Start the next one?

Personally, if I want to see a light at the end of the tunnel, I'd be looking elsewhere than football.

Apart from key workers like myself others have had to stay indoors for weeks and no doubt been climbing the walls, have a bloody word with yourself you self centred get!

As usual ....... is there any need? Puzzling though, to accuse someone of being "self centred" when they're clearly thinking about others.

Personally, if I want to see a light at the end of the tunnel, I'd be looking elsewhere than football.

Where?

Its not that difficult to work out even for a hair splitter like you, do you really have to quibble over every bloody post?

You know exactly what i'm getting at!

Where?

Its not that difficult to work out even for a hair splitter like you, do you really have to quibble over every bloody post?

It's also not difficult to work out Norm that football SHOULD take a back seat whilst this pandemic is still amongst ALL of us, not to mention the logistics if / when football restarts - policing, ambulances, emergency services & stewarding to name only a few. It's also regardless if someone decides to go out with a horse, no different to someone out walking, jogging, cycling...so long as they are social distancing. Footballing hierarchy are once again only thinking about themselves, the gravy train & the oodles of cash they generate. You never know Norm it could herald great changes in the way its governed & run with a bit more emphasis about the grass roots, long suffering fans ticketing prices whilst tackling overpaid footballers and agents.....doubt it tho.

As to 'hair splitting'.....there'll be plenty of that once the barbers & hairdressers open 😉

Where?

But Norm, you haven't answered a single one of my points. How would you propose that football come back? I gave you quite a few options. I thought you'd have been OK with a multiple choice option. :whist:

As for where I would see the "light at the end of the tunnel" coming from ........ re-opening (maybe with restrictions) of shops, workplaces, parks, no restrictions on travel, restaurants (with strictly limited capacity - not pubs) and even churches.

I'd have thought all of these would need to be considered as a) more important, and b) less likely to kickstart the virus transmission than a packed out football ground. (Not the DW, obviously).

So. No hair splitting. A straightforward question really.

I answered yours. Are you happy with that?

But Norm, you haven't answered a single one of my points. How would you propose that football come back? I gave you quite a few options. I thought you'd have been OK with a multiple choice option. :whist:

As for where I would see the "light at the end of the tunnel" coming from ........ re-opening (maybe with restrictions) of shops, workplaces, parks, no restrictions on travel, restaurants (with strictly limited capacity - not pubs) and even churches.

I'd have thought all of these would need to be considered as a) more important, and b) less likely to kickstart the virus transmission than a packed out football ground. (Not the DW, obviously).

So. No hair splitting. A straightforward question really.

I answered yours. Are you happy with that?
We'd be fine at the DW - no away fans, full home support, full social distancing without a problem 😉

Be lucky if we see a game this year Are footballers going to play in masks more to life than football Honest not really missed it

Be lucky if we see a game this year Are footballers going to play in masks more to life than football Honest not really missed it

Never thought I'd ever say it but I've not really missed it either.
There's so much on TV these days it gets boring

He switched to 442 second half.
😉

I think it was a 442 set up that day, with Moses and Di Santo up front.
However, Conor Sammon came on early in the 2nd half replaing Franco, so that may have had someting to do with it.

Sky and television will dictate. They are paying the big bucks and if the season voided will lead to Premier League and Championship clubs going out of business.

Matches behind closed doors for a period of time would affect us the least out of all 24 Championship clubs as we have the worst crowds and bring in the least match day income of all of the clubs. If the players are up for it then who am I to argue with them.

Gobbing all over the pitch will be banned thank God, where are they going to put their hankies?

That is a really good point. Footballers are spitting all the time during a game and I understand this is a natural function for sportspeople so how can they think to start up again when being at such close contact and all that spitting.