F@@@ The Disabled | Page 40 | Vital Football

F@@@ The Disabled

A new benefits system for disabled people is making their health worse, leaving many isolated and struggling to pay for food and bills, according to a new report.

A major survey by more than 80 organisations reported that 79 per cent of respondents said their assessments for personal independence payment (PIP) had made their health worse, due to stress or anxiety.

More than a third of those who have had their funding cut in the middle of a benefits shake-up said they were struggling to pay for food, rent and bills, while 40 per cent said they had become more isolated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/disability-benefits-health-worsen-survey-tories-conservative-a7945356.html

JuanPabloAngel - 14/9/2017 18:17

A new benefits system for disabled people is making their health worse, leaving many isolated and struggling to pay for food and bills, according to a new report.

A major survey by more than 80 organisations reported that 79 per cent of respondents said their assessments for personal independence payment (PIP) had made their health worse, due to stress or anxiety.

More than a third of those who have had their funding cut in the middle of a benefits shake-up said they were struggling to pay for food, rent and bills, while 40 per cent said they had become more isolated.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/disability-benefits-health-worsen-survey-tories-conservative-a7945356.html

A link to the full report if anyone wants to read it:

https://disabilitybenefitsconsortium.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/supporting-those-who-need-it-most-full-report.pdf

Or the executive summary:

https://disabilitybenefitsconsortium.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/supporting-those-who-need-it-most-excecutive-summary.pdf

Although I had no issues with PIP (as I provided a mountain of supporting medical evidence), it is glaringly obvious that there are still lots of issues with PIP. Sadly, the case studies in the report are all too common occurrences.

They should take on the recommendations in the report but, as they ignorantly and callously did with the UN report, I am sure the government will pretend there are no major issues. Until they acknowledge these issues, nothing will be done to rectify them and make the process fit for purpose.

Well lets be grateful for small mercies: The P.M has agreed to slash the sneaky costs of phoning the DWP, predominately the Universal Credit helpline, costing 55 p a minute. It was beyond believable. Flipping legal loan sharking.

I am also glad to see that all calls to the DWP are now going to be free! The pausing of UC: I await the vote result on that. However I doubt it will get paused. I can live in hope

A rare piece of good news?

Every person receiving Personal Independence Payments (PIP) will have their claim reviewed, the Department for Work and Pensions has said. A total of 1.6 million of the main disability benefit claims will be reviewed, with around 220,000 people expected to receive more money.

It comes after the DWP decided not to challenge a court ruling that said changes to PIP were unfair to people with mental health conditions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42862904

Good heavens, the money these incompetent people have wasted, the stress they have caused.

Mind blowing.

It says that is on the mobility side! I dont know if I come in with that or not. I get standard rate mobility and not enhanced. It was standard on DLA so not arguing it.

It would be ironic if they put my mobility up as my mobility side us mainly on mental health. I am certainly not expecting it.

It woyld be ironic because it was the care component I lost out on knocking me down from high rate to standard.

They don't have across the board rules as it is down to interpretation. I got high rate DLA for night care and bathroom needs. They tightened up on toilet needs so I lost high rate. Yet other friends havr got high rate.

I have struggled with whether I should, what would be now, asking for a suoersession as they have given it me to pension age. Do i take the risk!

I have decided next year I will ask for a suoersession as I do fall in the descriptors that would give me the extra 2 points I need for high rate on an area I didn't get before.

Why next year? A loan us paid off which would cover any ludicrous decision by the DWP which would mean appealing.

They have no reason to do anything daft but I dont trust them. I will next year as I don't see me gaining the extra £100 a month we lost on care through mobility

We are going to have a referendum on abortion, probably in May or June.
One of the talking points is how abortion legislation in other places has led to those foetuses which test positive for disabilities such as Downs being almost automatically aborted. Our daughter who lives there has told us that there are a decreasing number of medical professionals in Denmark who know how to treat patients with Downs because of this.

A person with Down’s syndrome asked when they “caught” it. A suicidal woman questioned over why she hadn’t killed herself yet. This is not the beginning of a bad taste joke but a description of this government’s treatment of disabled people.

The work and pensions select committee has released a report into the experiences of people being assessed for disability benefits – a 39-page rundown of a system plagued by basic errors, disrespect, and ignorance of health problems.

https://www.newstatesman.com/node/312523

:21:

BBJ - 1/2/2018 14:00

We are going to have a referendum on abortion, probably in May or June.
One of the talking points is how abortion legislation in other places has led to those foetuses which test positive for disabilities such as Downs being almost automatically aborted. Our daughter who lives there has told us that there are a decreasing number of medical professionals in Denmark who know how to treat patients with Downs because of this.

I see what you're saying, but automatically is the wrong word. Maybe it's a Danish thing but it still comes down to parental choice and you don't have to search long in the UK to find parents pointing out that's not an issue.

JuanPabloAngel - 12/2/2018 18:01

A person with Down’s syndrome asked when they “caught” it. A suicidal woman questioned over why she hadn’t killed herself yet. This is not the beginning of a bad taste joke but a description of this government’s treatment of disabled people.

The work and pensions select committee has released a report into the experiences of people being assessed for disability benefits – a 39-page rundown of a system plagued by basic errors, disrespect, and ignorance of health problems.

https://www.newstatesman.com/node/312523

:21:

And those employees should be euthanized! Or at the very least severely slapped around a lot.

On the Victoria Derbyshire programme this morning they discussed how assessors were taking the piss.

One assessor asked a claimant "how did you catch downs syndrome".

Some very cruel people out there Fulford, the wrong sort of people are assessing vulnerable people who shouldn't be being assessed in the first place. It is totally fucked up.

(As posted on FB for those thinking I have read this before whom are on my FB friends list)

As if we needed any proof here in the attached newsletter is the amounts assessors are being paid and bonuses, meaning an assessor who does just 1 extra assessment per day can earn £2125 in bonuses alone per week. Yes you read that right
Then they wonder why the assessors are rushing and not doing assessments properly (only ATOS, not the others who say they aren't paying additional bonuses on top of the usual bonuses now. They still get a bonus incentive though)
That is if the assessors are truthful anyway as alot of them aren't proven by the fact 68% of appeals are overturned at a appeal in the claimants favour, on ESA and PIPS. I am not saying all are untruthful however there is proof some deliberately are.
Let us not forget on top of the 68% overturned there are those who die before appeal, either through their illness or suicide which again is proven.
Also proving those who aren't deliberately being untruthful are not able to do the job properly as that is big % no's that are overturned at appeal.
There has been a massive hike, for example, in complaints of physiotherapists assessing mental health patients, which is ridiculous. The government are ignoring this information and not ensuring the right qualified person assesses at an assessment interview

.............................................................................................

The article is the second paragraph down on this site which sounds like a DWP page, however isn't. It's a independent legal company who deal with benefit training and legalities

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/n...nd+Work&utm_content=V2+May+23+2018+newsletter

I am supporting a woman leaving an abusive relationship. She was on ESA with her ex. Because he was the main claimant she has had to make a new claim, through Universal Credit, as they wouldn't let her continue on on ESA as she wasn't the main claimant. Her ex has been allowed too.

The whole process of claiming it has been horrendous. It's heightened her mental health difficulties and other health issues.

How the flying freak anyone is supposed to deal with this on their own is unbelievable. Some faceless twat sitting upstairs in a faceless office has made it so complex to claim Universal Credit /Special ESA as it is now called as in all additional benefits.

Basically U.C is now the umbrella service for all other components of welfare benefits. You cannot speak to anyone in ESA now or get a message to your department through the call centre. It has to go through Universal Credit who know nothing about sick pay etc.

As this is considered a new claim she has had to go back into assessment period whilst ESA (whom you can't contact directly now) meaning she has lost a £100 a week as she cannot get any of the additional disability components she was getting before until the assessment is done.

She may not have to go through a full assessment again as she was on her ex's claim. That will kick her additional monies back in quicker, but won't be backdated. Depending on which case manager picks it up in the ''Special ESA department'' they may want to reassess her meaning she will be longer without the additional premiums.

It's stressed me as it's the first full one I have supported a person with. I have done others for in work U.C but not like this.

She is hidden homeless, having to live on assessment money and her health is bad. Do they care that instigated this system? Ofcourse they f don't.

You login into your online account and the things it is asking you do boggles your head. Fortunately to me it is straightforward however to the average person claiming for the first time they couldn't cope.

It was bad enough before. Now it's even worse.

Top all that after 3-4 years of this being in they still have got the computers working properly. You cannot do verification online as you are supposed too. They don't tell you this. They haven't removed it and put a message up saying ''please ring ********* to make a face to face appointment for verification. They let you stress out, go into meltdown and ring U.C in panic to be told ''oh we know it can't be done online as it doesn't work and never has'' FFS

There are no words to sum this up that are repeatable or give it justice

In other cases I am helping this year, a woman who is registered blind (her sight is blind in one eye and only can see shadows in the others) has been turned down for PIPS this year. We are at her appeal next month.

Another one I have just done is for a woman who has had a stroke and has no movement on her right hand side. The assessor said she can use her left hand side. Erm she is right handed for starters

The latest is this one which I have C & P from the what's your religion post in response to 1958 post, as I thought it should be in here

..................................................................................................

Just doing an appeal for a woman this week, who had a severe mental breakdown last year. Can only speak with a stammer which worsens as she tries to talk. The DWP have tried to say she is fit for work through the group she has been put in and must attend work related interviews.

Also she didn't understand the paperwork she had through saying she wasn't entitled to N.I ESA anymore. She thought they had put her on jobseekers, which they hadn't. They had put her in ESA income related, work related group (not support group with limited capability to work)

This is a strong intelligent woman who up to her breakdown last year had a very good career. Two of us went to see her the other day. It was an afternoon when we came away feeling ill and heads bouncing around as trying to understand her and deal with her paperwork to get some sense out of it and unravel the whole case, make phone calls on her behalf was really difficult because of the state she was in.

It's a Christian friend of ours who said she needed help. She didn't think there was anymore that could be done. The system stinks.

David Cameron re-started this lets blame the victim ideology in the UK some 8 years ago but, it really started to kick in with real force in 2015.
It is something that has spread to.
The USA have taken it on big-time with the election of Donald Trump, who quite honestly, ought to be impeached and imprisoned for hate crimes, for some of the things he has said.
The laugh is, our weak Tory government, can't kiss his arse fast or long enough.
He wants a deal that would allow American health and insurance companies to run our health services.
The overall deal would allow companies to sue the government if they brought in a law that restricted the company's profits.
Any sueing done would not be done in a court of law but, before a panel made up of CEO's etc and there is to be no right of appeal.
Even the obnoxious Thatcher didn't have the nerve to try this kind of shit because there would have been open rebellion and she'd have been hung from the nearest lamp-post.

Mentioned before in this thread I think, I know a lady with awful, aggressive MS. She was told she needed a medical and where, she said she couldn't get there close enough in the car (she was driven) and the guy told her to get the bus. The size of her wheelchair, that would have been impossible.

Anyway, conveniently for them I guess (the ********* ) she died before the appointment to see if she was fit for work came about.

It is a cruel and horrible system.