F@@@ The Disabled | Page 39 | Vital Football

F@@@ The Disabled

Oh and to add to that Lewis those defrauding the system are 0.007% less than 1%. Not the figures people that are from 30% up. It's what the media has been fed by the government to feed there propaganda machine.

As 65% of disallowed claims are overturned at appeal I think that sums up the mess with no more need to be said.

So now the Tories want to tighten up the guidelines some more so they can ''save'' more money. Not that any of these new benefits have saved them a penny. It has cost them more than it has saved

Mobility was a question before Lewis but it took into account the level of disability not the 50m rule.

There a a lot of people who can struggle to walk 50m. There a lot of people in agony doing it. That was taken into account before, with PIPS it appears the question was too basic and it wasn't taken into consideration.

I know a dear dear lady, early 60's.. MS.. wheelchair bound, really not a well person. She was called in for her PIPS assessment about 5 months ago. It stressed the hell out of her. She explained how difficult it was to get to wherever the assessment was. They told her to get a bus. A BUS? If you saw her (or if they had asked her doctors which is the LOGICAL route to sort all this) it would have been obvious that wasn't an option.

Luckily enough for the Government and these murderous vile bastards (luckily said with gritted teeth) she died before her assessment. Yup, she was THAT ill and was still being pestered by these parasites who I would gladly use instead of my punchbags, about frigging DLA transfer to PIPS and being told she had to prove her medical condition.

There really are no words. It is cruelty on a monumental scale.

Now, IF the Government had been able to say they had caught out 20% cheating the system (and I'd put in prison ANYONE cheating the system, top of the country not paying tax, bottom of the country cheating disability or other benefits) then you would look (and I think a lot of disabled people would look) and say ok, fair enough, they had a point, they can save the 20% of cheats and give it to those who need it.

But from what KK says above and has said before, it is less than 1%

I've read before - can't remember where so can't find the link - that ATOS etc has cost way more than it has saved. And in the meantime, they have literally destroyed people's lives.

God give me 10 mins in a room with those doing this to people....

Is the Chancellor aware of the real fear engendered among people with disabilities and disability groups that the Government will cut disability benefits through means testing, taxing benefits or a reduction in lifetime rights? Will he answer the question asked by my right hon. Friend the shadow Chancellor, allay the fears of people with disabilities, clarify the Government's position, and state categorically that the Government will not in any way reduce disability benefits?

A speech by someone who is clearly passionate about the welfare of disabled people. Kudos to anyone who can name this friend of disabled people...no cheating!

Thanks for the info. The system certainly hasn't improved at all has it.

I couldn't tell if my post came across the way it should have so i just want to clarify a few things.

I probably shouldn't have mentioned the fraud point because i wasn't suggesting people were defrauding the system, just that i'd also seen that work in action.

And i think i may have gave the impression that i agreed with the decision to remove the soldiers benefit. That's not the case. I was just trying to understand what the difference was between the question under DLA and now under PIP, so thanks for the clarification on that. And probably used it as an example because i have seen how this worked under DLA.

It's fine Lewis. This is a subject I am very passionate about. The heartbreak and hurt i have seen it cause, and that doesn't include me and mine.

I never expected to end up disabled in my later years. Nor should anyone have to be made to feel like there are a social pariah because they are.

It's fine what you posted Lewis. I just responded with what I see know and care about. Oh we all know or know of 1 of those who shouldn't be getting anything from the system. Believe me they p*ss those off too who are on any form of disability benefit, if not more so, cos they give us all a bad name

The only thing I will give Teresa May is the fact that the budget gave women's aid and related services an extra 20 million pound this year and some exclusions from various things that would effect women to do with housing and their voting rights

The Fear - 11/3/2017 09:42

Good grief Ricardomeister2. Good find that. The hypocrisy of it all !

Yep, I think it shows what a hypocrite May is. People's opinions evolve over time but not to that extent!

DR UK is giving evidence to the UNCRPD in Geneva today
13 March 2017
The UN Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD) is reviewing the United Kingdom’s (UK) progress in implementing the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities – which the UK signed in 2009.

https://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2017/march/dr-uk-giving-evidence-uncrpd-geneva

Hopefully the government will take seriously any recommendations that come from this, rather than arrogantly dismiss them again by pretending there is nothing wrong. One of the case studies in Disability Rights UK's report is my own case where I have been denied adapted housing even after being assessed as having the highest medical need back in 2010, which has already resulted in significant extra costs to the taxpayer and which will lead to significantly more extra costs without a fair allocation process, ie based on medical need.

I also hope that the media report this and do so sensibly, i.e. In terms of how the government is failing to adhere to the provisions of the Convention that we are signed up to rather than in terms of widespread human rights abuses, or using pejorative language such as The Last Leg did when they spoiled, imo, an otherwise good argument by saying Tory disability cuts amounted to "genocide". Unfair and disproportionate? Yes. Cruel? In many cases, yes. Genocide? Of course not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-39749041

Mat Fraser is the first disabled actor to play Shakespeare's twisted anti-hero Richard III - and he's relishing the political incorrectness of the Bard's script. But British TV channels are "pathetic" at giving such juicy roles to disabled actors, he says.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-government-keeps-report-fit-10946364

they don't want anyone to know do they!?

The Fear - 10/8/2017 07:56

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-government-keeps-report-fit-10946364

they don't want anyone to know do they!?

Indeed not. It's working great so far - they have managed to kill off 2,500 people so far, saving a fortune I'd imagine.

It's shameful.

What would be wrong with saying:

"Ok, we continued what Labour started, we thought it made sense, however looking at the figure this policy has brought about untold stress and been strewn with mistakes. Therefore, we have re-evaluated this system and suspended it. We can assure tax payers that if anyone is found defrauding the disability system, including if doctors are complicit, they will feel the full force of the law but this system has clearly not worked and will cease immediately."

?

Truth from politicians, you know it would be a hell of a refreshing change.

Jesus do you two understand business?

By 2022 we'll be publicly hanging them for a ticket fee - probably inflated by ticket master.

Think £££££'s people, compassion is so 1990's.

For those who aren't dead Mike ofcourse. Perhaps they will sell tickets to the funerals too

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

More to add to the furore: fcuking disgusting doesn't some it up
...........................................................................................................
PIP investigation: 200 cases of dishonesty… and still DWP, Atos and Capita refuse to act

.............................................................................................................

The government and its private sector contractors are refusing to investigate claims of widespread dishonesty in the benefits assessment industry, despite Disability News Service (DNS) collecting more than 200 such cases.

The cases have been compiled during a DNS investigation into allegations that healthcare professionals working for outsourcing giants Capita and Atos have been lying in personal independence payment (PIP) assessment reports they have written for the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

Eight months after the investigation began, DNS now has a database of more than 200 cases in which disabled people have described – in varying levels of detail – how assessors lied in their written reports.

But this week, DWP, Atos and Capita all refused to launch an investigation into the claims of widespread dishonesty.

Cont: http://www.disabledgo.com/blog/2017/08/pip-investigation-200-cases-of-dishonesty-and-still-dwp-atos-and-capita-refuse-to-act/?

Just to add to the disgrace:

Disabled mum of two forced to live in garage in Forest View Road, Walthamstow and use a bowl for a toilet

A wheelchair-bound mother of two has been forced to live in a garage for almost two months while waiting for permanent accommodation.

Claire Shepherd, 54, has been sleeping on a garden chair in a garage in Forest View Road, Walthamstow without a toilet or washing facilities.

Mrs Shepherd had to leave the studio flat she shared with her carer on June 13 after the property was sold following the death of the owner.

Because the pair were not offered accommodation by Waltham Forest Council, Mrs Shepherd moved into the garage she was renting for storage and her carer was forced to sleep on the floor of a friend’s house.

The former artist suffers from a number of conditions including fibromyalgia syndrome, psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis and is frequently hit by severe bouts of vomiting.

Cont: http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/15462495.Disabled_mum_of_two_forced_to_live_in_garage_and_use_a_bowl_for_a_toilet/?ref=fbshr

" UK faces UN examination: Government cuts caused ‘human catastrophe’ "

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/uk-faces-un-examination-government-cuts-caused-human-catastrophe/

Whilst I am not really comfortable with the words "human catastrophe", for anybody that can be bothered to look at the evidence the many breaches of the UN Convention by the UK government are pretty clear. Major hardship has undoubtedly been caused to hundreds of thousands of chronically ill and disabled people over the austerity years, as these groups have been hit hardest of all. As mine was one of the lead cases used by Disability Rights UK (re the lack of adapted housing and the discriminatory allocation process) in their submission, I followed this closely.

We are still one of the wealthiest countries in the world but hard fought for disability rights are being eroded. The UK is rightly held to a higher standard than poorer countries. The government, rather than burying their heads in the sand should take on board what the UN Committee have said. They were right to pull up the government for its evasiveness, misuse of statistics and for not seeing things through the eyes of disabled people on the wrong end of their disproportionate cuts.

Just yesterday, we can see yet more clear evidence of how the government are failing disabled people. First, (from Disability Rights UK): "It is truly shocking to learn today from a survey by the National Housing Federation that housing associations are having to cut plans to build housing for older and disabled people by 85% because of Government dithering and inaction." Also, in the Independent, we see that the government are wasting tens of millions of pounds a year trying to stop chronically ill and disabled people getting support that they are entitled to, whilst the success rate for claimants has continued to soar (to 70% for ESA and 65% for PIP for cases heard on appeal).

Of course there will be some people who will simply dismiss the findings of the UN Committee without even bothering to listen to the evidence presented to the UN by various disability organisations or the full findings of the Committee, but they are best ignored, in my opinion. The government should take the Committee's findings on board and take action to abide by the provisions of the UNCRPD. The government's claims of being a world leader is, sadly, not supported by the evidence. Rather than continuing to be pulled up for not abiding by the provisions of a Convention that the UK signed up to, if they are going to continue to not abide by its provisions, the UK government should do the only honest thing left and pull out of the Convention.

About sums up the DWP and the expectations of cost cutting by the government

DWP rejects PIP claimant’s appeal… before she receives decision notice

Fresh concerns have been raised about the integrity of the disability benefits system, after a disabled woman’s appeal against having her benefits removed was rejected before she was even told her claim had been turned down.

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) sent Mandy Moseley a mandatory reconsideration notice, confirming that her appeal against the decision to reject her claim for the new personal independence payment (PIP) had been unsuccessful.

But she was astonished to receive the letter because she had not yet been told the result of her claim.

Until a claimant receives a decision notice that informs them of the result of their claim, they cannot ask for a mandatory reconsideration (MR) of that decision, and she had not done so.

Cont: http://www.disabledgo.com/blog/2017/08/dwp-rejects-pip-claimants-appeal-before-she-receives-decision-notice/

This one is certainly needed: ofcourse this one has been accelerated by the governments continuing vilification of the disabled

CPS hate crime statement wins support

Disabled campaigners say they are encouraged by a new public statement from the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), which describes how it will prosecute disability hate crime.

The statement was one of a series published by CPS that cover the different strands of hate crime, with others covering racist and religious hate crime; and homophobic, biphobic and transphobic hate crime.

Its publication came only days after the Disability Hate Crime Network (DHCN) wrote to the solicitor general to warn him that that “alarm bells are ringing” over the “massive discrepancies and inconsistencies” in the way the criminal justice system deals with disability hate crime prosecutions.

That letter pointed to the network’s “deep dismay” that six recent court cases involving violent attacks on disabled people – reported last month by Disability News Service (DNS) – had not been treated as disability hate crimes.

Cont: http://www.disabledgo.com/blog/2017/08/cps-hate-crime-statement-wins-support/?