F@@@ The Disabled | Page 19 | Vital Football

F@@@ The Disabled

Totally right Green Tea. No argument at all but it HAS to be done right. The BBC programme I linked to (fuck the disabled) showed it really wasn't being done correctly. Physios etc taking the medicals. Even the head of a physiotherapy association admitted they weren't qualified.

Wouldn't be that difficult for someone to go to every doctors practice in the country and talk over every patient on disability with the doctor and the patient there surely?

Some being passed fit to work are actually chronically ill and I can only imagine how desperate they must be left to feel knowing they can't work but being told they can.

Again, totally right idea, totally wrong execution. Typical politicians.

In fairness, the Daily Fascist they would be as equally outraged if he was a well respected banker earning a 100'000 grand a week.

Journalists have to spice up their news stories to sell papers. There's a reason why it's the second best selling newspaper in the country.

'MAN WHO DRANK TOO MUCH AND BEHAVED OUTSIDE THE LAW WILL PROBABLY BE PUNISHED BY REASONABLY MINDED PEOPLE AND RECEIVE THE CORRECT PUNISHMENT THAT SUITS HIS CRIME' would not have the average news reader drawn into reading the article.

Highlighting the drinking issue, is in relation to mixing alcohol with the medication he is supposedly taking. The two combined caused him to attack Police at the football match.

So if mixing drink with the medication he is taking for his disability - causes him to act against the laws of this country. Then NO he shouldnt be drinking.

This has nothing to do with the disabled as a whole, not being able to drink.

The Fear - 22/4/2013 12:05

Totally right Green Tea. No argument at all but it HAS to be done right. The BBC programme I linked to (fuck the disabled) showed it really wasn't being done correctly. Physios etc taking the medicals. Even the head of a physiotherapy association admitted they weren't qualified.

Wouldn't be that difficult for someone to go to every doctors practice in the country and talk over every patient on disability with the doctor and the patient there surely?

Some being passed fit to work are actually chronically ill and I can only imagine how desperate they must be left to feel knowing they can't work but being told they can.

Again, totally right idea, totally wrong execution. Typical politicians.

What JF says sums it up. Those of us who receive some sort of benefit from DLA/PIPS etc who are genuine will agree with you. It makes life extremely difficult for those of us who get an award of any type working or not, as we are all damned the same. It is has JF says they get the idea's right in principle but fuck up the implementation of it all.

Taking note and talking to GP's is the way forward. They do take note of GP's letters mind if you send them in with proof of illnesses etc. where appropriate which is right but in cases where they need to see the person they should be seen with the GP.

In York I know people with severe mental health issues who have been seen by a physiotherapist. WTF does a physiotherapist know about mental health? Nothing.

The other problem with this is as JF says some are being past as fit for work when they clearly aren't and they will be made to sign on Job Seekers. Job Seekers won't take them as they aren't fit to work so they are in a catch 22 situation.

Also if someone is found fit to work at a tribunal they can't reclaim sick for 6 months with the same health problem which is crazy as often the tribunal will tell them to start again as the tribunal believes that there problem has got worse. Sometimes people are waiting for over a year to get to a tribunal. The tribunal asks the person to go on their health back then.

I went with a friend to a medical a couple of years ago and she was told they didn't think she was ill enough at the time of her original claim to get it but they could see she was alot worse now and to go back and reclaim. Now they have put this 6 months rule in place it scuppers it.

The system like anything is totally mad and they don't listen to those who know about it I.E the service users and people like Lord Harrington who have investigated it.

They over complicate matters instead of keeping them simple.

In someways they have bought this on themselves by making things too complex

Don`t forget he had toothache aswell,which is why he decided to cover his face with a scarf.
I`ve had toothache before and I must admit,I did feel like going up to Barr Beacon to twat a few horses,obviously whilst wearing a scarf around my face.

Pete the Greek head butted a police horse outside the Albion ground if I remember correctly. I have no idea if he was on benefits or medication but he usually had a drink or two inside him.

thefacehead - 18/4/2013 15:28

Journalists have to spice up their news stories to sell papers.

That is true. I've not been above doing the odd 'wow' headline on here to get views either!

But the Daily Fail does seem to love raking up the crap ... as you say, it works though, they sell rather well and their website is massive!

I think the NHS is stretched enough without the local gp having to assess every Tom dick and Mohammed with their disability claim. They'd have to put up queuing railings outside surgeries for all the people waiting to blag ME (aka idlitis!) or trying out their acting skills claiming bi-polar.

Clubpaver - 18/4/2013 15:38

Don`t forget he had toothache aswell,which is why he decided to cover his face with a scarf.
I`ve had toothache before and I must admit,I did feel like going up to Barr Beacon to twat a few horses,obviously whilst wearing a scarf around my face.

First thing you think of. Toothache.. scarf... horses... fights.

Don't see why everyone can't see that.

James06 - 18/4/2013 15:23

If I was living on benefits I would not drink 5 pints at the football. Infact I wouldnt be at the football!

It might not be a crime to do so, but it's fucking irresponsible and it makes a mockery of the system.

Like I've said many times before - people like this bloke should not be given cash handouts. They should get vouchers that can be redeemed for goods such as clothes and food. Then basic accomodation and a bus pass and that's it.

If he doesnt like that, then he can do something about it cant he?

But of course we cant do that because some twat in Brussels says we cant. It's a joke.

i agree 100% with badger, all these punks who protest should be rounded up and put onto a proper system. then non of this counselling and help groups bullshit - you either get a job, or you live by the system I describe above. It's so simple and would have us out of recession in half the time.

Hitler is a live and well. Maybe they could wear stars or a badge of th universal disabled symbol on their clothing!

Green Tea - 25/4/2013 11:53

Its impossible that those figures are correct, unless they all own up. A guy with a bad back, anxiety etc, how would you know unless he told you that he is fit for work or not? So unless he owns up, he would be classed with a 99.3% of those claiming that are genuine.

The best way to judge it is by looking at the stats of other countries that are like ours. And out of ALL other major countries we have TWICE as many unfit to work as they do. Which basically tells us a truer picture of the problem. So we in Britain are genetically producing offspring with disabilities, we have a problem with our education, or we have a problem with the welfare state. Because to have TWICE as many people as Germany, France, Portugal, Spain, USA etc then something isnt right.

The other point is that all these other major countries seem to be inline with each other in regards those unfit to work. It averages out that around 2% of their population are unable to work due to disabilities. Britain is 4%.

So what have Labour done to create a society of double the unfit to work than our friends overseas? Thus something the good old Tories are now looking into to sort out!

You must do a proportion though of the size of the countries you are on about to ours as that could balance out the figures more accurately.

On the subject of too many departments for benefits, this is why they are bringing in the universal credit so that all monies are paid by 1 departments and not quite a few. For instance if you are on Incap/now ESA and get DLA you are also entitled to carers premium/possibly carers, severe disability premiums and other department top ups.

Once universal credit is introduced everything bar DLA will come under 1 roof as 1 payment as DLA is not counted as income, that is why that will stay separate.

Universal Credit will be an upgrade of amounts for those on disability so no one is worse off, it will also include housing rent/mortgage council tax in 1 payment paid 4 weekly.

So what you are saying is going to happen and is supposed to start this year though they haven't got the IT equipment sorted for it yet so it may not.

The problems which they aren't looking at is that over time all benefits will be applied for online which is alright for alot of us who know how to use technology and have internet access, but those who don't are going to be in difficulty, especially the elderly who don't know how to use technology.

The Fear - 18/4/2013 15:48

thefacehead - 18/4/2013 15:28

Journalists have to spice up their news stories to sell papers.

That is true. I've not been above doing the odd 'wow' headline on here to get views either!

But the Daily Fail does seem to love raking up the crap ... as you say, it works though, they sell rather well and their website is massive!

Good sport coverage and crossword, but they have some hateful cocks that work for them, Melanie Phillips, Littlejohn (such a cool name spoilt by a vicious evil Spurs fan) and Amanda Platell. Plus Chris Tookey the biggest idiot to have ever sat, watched a film and written about it.

Some can be found here -

http://weedingouttheidiots.blogspot.co.uk/2010/12/richard-littlejohns-house-of-fun.html

The Fear - 23/4/2013 13:49
ie heating allowance. What a joke that millionaires get it along with those who are below the poverty line and most of the millionaires would agree! You can't even stop them if you wanted to.

I know someone who is from a very wealthy background so sorted for life regardless, very much a tim nice-but-dim type. His missus is a gold digger, never worked a day in her life due to depression, yet has travelled the world several times and finds her way past the job centre to self ridges on a weekly basis. He is on minimum wage. Brand new flat in prime location, two brand new cars paid for etc courtesy of mum and dad.
Now whilst I'd be embarrassed to admit this, I did once ask him how they cope for cash on his wage and he told me that his nan gives them her heating allowance as she doesn't need it.
When I said "nice one mate, it's good to know my hard earned money is going to right causes" he didn't get it and just laughed.

SKEGGY - 18/4/2013 15:52

If I was living on benefits I would not drink 5 pints at the football. Infact I wouldnt be at the football!

It might not be a crime to do so, but it's fucking irresponsible and it makes a mockery of the system.

Like I've said many times before - people like this bloke should not be given cash handouts. They should get vouchers that can be redeemed for goods such as clothes and food. Then basic accomodation and a bus pass and that's it.

But of course we cant do that because some twat in Brussels says we cant. It's a joke.

i agree 100% with badger, all these punks who protest should be rounded up and put onto a proper system. then non of this counselling and help groups bullshit - you either get a job, or you live by the system I describe above. It's so simple and would have us out of recession in half the time.

Hitler is a live and well. Maybe they could wear stars or a badge of th universal disabled symbol on their clothing!

I'm not talking about disabled people, I'm not even talking about the short-term unemployed. I'm on about people who go around boozing and/or drugging it up, and smashing stuff up and punching horses at our expense, who could if they could be bothered: do a days work.

James06 - 22/4/2013 12:46

I think the NHS is stretched enough without the local gp having to assess every Tom dick and Mohammed with their disability claim. They'd have to put up queuing railings outside surgeries for all the people waiting to blag ME (aka idlitis!) or trying out their acting skills claiming bi-polar.

Jim you can't act bi-polar and if that was meant as bite then you got it. Bi-polar has to be diagnosed by a psychiatric Doctor and you can't even start to mimic the illness.

I nearly lost my 2nd son to bi-polar because of plain stupidity of the out reach team in York his 4th overdose nearly killed him. Only my Mom's judgement that we got him to hospital in time because intuition I knew something was wrong else I would have been a bereaved Mom today. No I am not however you don't get over something like that quickly, if ever. His health will always be a worry.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It is a very dangerous serious illness

Yeah I take your point on the amount of additional it would put on Doctors' hence that is why they accept Doctor's/hospital etc documentation

Not really Jim. Who better to tell someone that they ARE fit enough to work or to inform the benefit section that they aren't fit to work?

The current system is very expensive and not working. It needs doing. It needs doing right.

James06 - 18/4/2013 16:25

SKEGGY - 18/4/2013 15:52

I'm not talking about disabled people, I'm not even talking about the short-term unemployed. I'm on about people who go around boozing and/or drugging it up, and smashing stuff up and punching horses at our expense, who could if they could be bothered: do a days work.

You don't mind if I do that then? As I'm employed n all :37:

post was rendered useless when Jim mentioned his post wasn't referring to disabled! LOL

There is a case for both sides of the argument re Doctor's impute. The Doctor signs the person off so should know more than the ATOS form fillers