F@@@ The Disabled | Page 17 | Vital Football

F@@@ The Disabled

We need to stop acting like pussy cats and take an even tougher stance on all state money being paid out in welfare benefits. The payments are way too high as a whole and its crippling the country = we cannot afford it. He cannot get up the stairs but he can chase Sunderland fans and attack our Police? We have gone too soft as a nation!

The Fear - 19/4/2013 14:12

They always say that, they seldom do. If I had loads of money, I would, just for better weather.

Love the Daily Fail though.

at least 500 000 'MAY' leave.

How the fuck do they know, have they asked them all?!

Did you see QT last night. The columist from the Mail said 'we only report the facts' and half the audience burst out laughing.

:69: wonder how many times you have been in the mail? ever received payment or favours? :56:

can you name me a paper that only reports the facts?

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 23/4/2013 13:57

The Fear - 23/4/2013 13:49

Still can't understand why all benefits aren't means tested and they should be opt IN.

ie heating allowance. What a joke that millionaires get it along with those who are below the poverty line and most of the millionaires would agree! You can't even stop them if you wanted to.

Again, it comes down to cost. It's very expensive to means test. It would cost more than the £200, or however much it is now, to implement.

Would need to see the maths on it obviously. But there could be an opt in, or at the very least an opt out

Read once, no idea how the numbers actually do stack up if indeed they could quantify them, that if we let all 'ours' back into England and got rid of all non British, we'd have more here.

I'd love to move abroad, no idea where, I'm not really mentally up to learn a new language, toooooo tired with :16: and if Jonny Foreigner can't be arsed to speak my language, I don't see why I should converse with them :3: :3:

But I do crave a bit more sun and warmth. Be surprised if my future doesn't lay (is it lay or lie?!) abroad, but won't do that while my parents are alive, wouldn't be fair on them.

Should be done for assault at the very least.

But the title and sensationalism of this thread and the Daily Fail article are a bit ott.

Disability Benefits don't mean you can't drink so yes, it is actually ok.

And it was hardly wrestling a horse was it?! The bloke is obviously a thug, he should be treated as such but his illness is a matter for the court, the benefits and the doctors to look at.

another quick question ... according to some figures 0.5 percent of claims are fraud? how do they know this?

its not like they are going to march into the dwp office and own up are they?

Its impossible that those figures are correct, unless they all own up. A guy with a bad back, anxiety etc, how would you know unless he told you that he is fit for work or not? So unless he owns up, he would be classed with a 99.3% of those claiming that are genuine.

The best way to judge it is by looking at the stats of other countries that are like ours. And out of ALL other major countries we have TWICE as many unfit to work as they do. Which basically tells us a truer picture of the problem. So we in Britain are genetically producing offspring with disabilities, we have a problem with our education, or we have a problem with the welfare state. Because to have TWICE as many people as Germany, France, Portugal, Spain, USA etc then something isnt right.

The other point is that all these other major countries seem to be inline with each other in regards those unfit to work. It averages out that around 2% of their population are unable to work due to disabilities. Britain is 4%.

So what have Labour done to create a society of double the unfit to work than our friends overseas? Thus something the good old Tories are now looking into to sort out!

whoa whoa hang on on a bit.

The bloke was wearing a scarf because he had toothache, which I'm assuming was the reason for his disability benefit. He obviously purchased the scarf, along with the replica shirt, and 5 pints (to numb the pain of the toothache probably) with the benefit money - fair enough. And then when things cant get any worse for the poor little sausage, he becomes the victim of police brutality.

I suggest he gets a slot on the Jeremy Kyle Show to discuss the issue, and full counselling to support him through his trauma.

A compensation pay out and increase in his benefits should hopefully ease the pain. A pain that has lasted for 30 odd years ever since Maggie (the slag, bitch, bastard, milk snatcher) closed the pit. the bitch!

The Fear - 19/4/2013 15:43

But I do crave a bit more sun and warmth. Be surprised if my future doesn't lay (is it lay or lie?!) abroad, but won't do that while my parents are alive, wouldn't be fair on them.

oooh I dunno mate, I reckon fear senior would probably even treat you to a new suitcase! :17:

The Fear - 19/4/2013 15:43

Read once, no idea how the numbers actually do stack up if indeed they could quantify them, that if we let all 'ours' back into England and got rid of all non British, we'd have more here.

I'd love to move abroad, no idea where, I'm not really mentally up to learn a new language, toooooo tired with :16: and if Jonny Foreigner can't be arsed to speak my language, I don't see why I should converse with them :3: :3:

That's not what they say!

My Dad lives in Thailand a couple of hours south of Bangkok. He loves it - warm most of the time with 6 or so golf courses around him. I am hoping to inherit the house! But the Thai land laws may work against me.

James06 - 24/4/2013 07:48

The Fear - 23/4/2013 13:49
ie heating allowance. What a joke that millionaires get it along with those who are below the poverty line and most of the millionaires would agree! You can't even stop them if you wanted to.

I know someone who is from a very wealthy background so sorted for life regardless, very much a tim nice-but-dim type. His missus is a gold digger, never worked a day in her life due to depression, yet has travelled the world several times and finds her way past the job centre to self ridges on a weekly basis. He is on minimum wage. Brand new flat in prime location, two brand new cars paid for etc courtesy of mum and dad.
Now whilst I'd be embarrassed to admit this, I did once ask him how they cope for cash on his wage and he told me that his nan gives them her heating allowance as she doesn't need it.
When I said "nice one mate, it's good to know my hard earned money is going to right causes" he didn't get it and just laughed.

You'll always have some people gaming the system in any system. I think the big picture is much more important than the few that fall through the cracks. The main thing is to create a system which is fair to all.

Obviously, your mate getting public money to enhance his lifestyle is not right but I'd be much more concerned about those at the bottom of the scale getting pushed off benefits unfairly and relying on food banks to survive.

Wholesale benefit changes should have been made during the good years by Blair and his bunch of ***** while there were jobs out there for those who wanted to work.

i know of a girl in our town who convinced the social her sons got everything under the son, so she could get the extra benefits, every time an assessment was due she used to drug him up to the eyeballs.

the ironic thing about the girl was she used to grass every one up on the estate who done a couple of cash in hand jobs lol

Is it that a foreigner is not allowed to own 100% of a property Cheshire? I'm sure I saw something about a cap at 90% when I was over there a few years ago, is that still the same?

badge73 - 19/4/2013 15:49

another quick question ... according to some figures 0.5 percent of claims are fraud? how do they know this?

I suppose it is balanced on previous years with some expert statistician who know how to do the average figures on it Badge

The heating allowance is just a farce. We have too many benefits, too many forms, too many departments, too much waste in the public sector in regards welfare.

I ask all the workers on this site. When you get paid do your wages come in 10 different packets? 1 for the heating, 1 for the housing, 1 for the kids etc?

badge73 - 19/4/2013 15:41

The Fear - 19/4/2013 14:12

They always say that, they seldom do. If I had loads of money, I would, just for better weather.

Love the Daily Fail though.

at least 500 000 'MAY' leave.

How the fuck do they know, have they asked them all?!

Did you see QT last night. The columist from the Mail said 'we only report the facts' and half the audience burst out laughing.

:69: wonder how many times you have been in the mail? ever received payment or favours? :56:

can you name me a paper that only reports the facts?

Favours?

What are you suggesting?!

Not sure how many times they'll have picked up on our old Villa stuff. I have been quoted in there, the sports section via Neil Moxley their sports reporter (good guy)

Payment? I've seldom been paid for my stuff. Got a payment for a specific thing by Sky once, couple of hundred quid. And an Irish radio paid me for an interview once as I'd turned it down and they wanted me so they paid! LOL

But no, as far as I can recall, nothing else has been paid for, but I do often get a mention of the site which obviously is a 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' arrangement.

So.. ner ner.

Would I turn money down from them? Nope, I wouldn't.

kefkat - 19/4/2013 16:40

badge73 - 19/4/2013 15:49

I suppose it is balanced on previous years with some expert statistician who know how to do the average figures on it Badge

love to know who these experts are on stats, same as the tax avoidance and basically any of the stats when it comes to breaking the law etc, personally think they pluck a figure out the air (not forgetting the experts are getting a decent wedge, and put up silly figures to embarrasses the government :69: )