F@@@ The Disabled | Page 18 | Vital Football

F@@@ The Disabled

Ive just had a customer who is on the blag, he has just come off being on the sick to JSA doesnt think he should be due to him having depression. Ive offered to put him on some courses to help him . Doesnt want to. Offered to put him on a confidence building course. Says his confidence is fine. These are the types of nob heads that need sorting out. He was a utter tool

Thing is though tea, most people can and do plan their lives and their finances. Whilst if you want the perfect scenario you could wait forever to have kids, most people have the common sense and decency to ensure they have a safe suitable home, suitable finances in place, and the loving support of the family unit (I would say a mother and father but lets not cross threads eh?)

Okay so things happen to the best of people with the best of intentions, and again this is what the system is for and why we should all support it and be proud of it.

Then of course you get the gobshites. The girls who go out and drop their pants to the first lad who gets pissed enough to give em one, so they can get a free all expenses paid flat in a leafy suburb and a licence to do fuck all for the next 10 years.

What do you do about it?

The Fear - 19/4/2013 16:44

badge73 - 19/4/2013 15:41

The Fear - 19/4/2013 14:12

They always say that, they seldom do. If I had loads of money, I would, just for better weather.

Love the Daily Fail though.

at least 500 000 'MAY' leave.

How the fuck do they know, have they asked them all?!

Did you see QT last night. The columist from the Mail said 'we only report the facts' and half the audience burst out laughing.

:69: wonder how many times you have been in the mail? ever received payment or favours? :56:

can you name me a paper that only reports the facts?

Favours?

What are you suggesting?!

Not sure how many times they'll have picked up on our old Villa stuff. I have been quoted in there, the sports section via Neil Moxley their sports reporter (good guy)

Payment? I've seldom been paid for my stuff. Got a payment for a specific thing by Sky once, couple of hundred quid. And an Irish radio paid me for an interview once as I'd turned it down and they wanted me so they paid! LOL

But no, as far as I can recall, nothing else has been paid for, but I do often get a mention of the site which obviously is a 'you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' arrangement.

So.. ner ner.

Would I turn money down from them? Nope, I wouldn't.

could always email/ring and say you dont want the site to be associated with what you call "the daily fail" .... :56:

Green Tea - 23/4/2013 14:09

The Fear - 23/4/2013 13:49

Still can't understand why all benefits aren't means tested and they should be opt IN.

ie heating allowance. What a joke that millionaires get it along with those who are below the poverty line and most of the millionaires would agree! You can't even stop them if you wanted to.

I agree but the problem we have is that the rich should not be punished for doing well. In other words progress should be encouraged not deterred. I think the council tax is the biggest con of them all. It is only based on the value of the property NOT the outstanding mortgage a person(s) may have etc. Council services should not be valued by the property, yet by how much you use. An elderly couple in a 400k house may use less bin bags than a young family in a 100k house. Yet the elderly couple pay 4 times more for the service...Its a con.

Not easy and no matter what you do, it will be wrong for some.

If ... when (!) ... I 'make it' I'd rather not have a £100-200 cheque each year for heating when I know full well I can afford it. I'd rather think I'm still contributing to society and not being a burden.

Same with pensions really. It isn't a saving scheme.

But then, I believe it should be made even clearer that the state can't provide pensions in the future and it should be all but (?) mandatory that people take out their own private pensions.

We can either go fully right wing, 'fuck you' sort of society where you keep what you've got or we can look for a balance. We can't possibly afford to go further left and offer everyone everything.

I'd not like to be the one making the decisions but after years of tinkering it is very clear the current system is no longer sustainable, especially with an aging poppulation.

James06 - 25/4/2013 13:29

Thing is though tea, most people can and do plan their lives and their finances. Whilst if you want the perfect scenario you could wait forever to have kids, most people have the common sense and decency to ensure they have a safe suitable home, suitable finances in place, and the loving support of the family unit (I would say a mother and father but lets not cross threads eh?)

Okay so things happen to the best of people with the best of intentions, and again this is what the system is for and why we should all support it and be proud of it.

Then of course you get the gobshites. The girls who go out and drop their pants to the first lad who gets pissed enough to give em one, so they can get a free all expenses paid flat in a leafy suburb and a licence to do fuck all for the next 10 years.

What do you do about it?

Education, Education, Education!

That's better Jim, a logical look at the story and a logical conclusion! LOL

:19:

It is a shame the Daily Fail has to tie this in with disabled though, as said, we are allowed to drink, blimey, we can even fight if we want to, sod me, some even go to the olympics etc.

It really is as much a scum fuck as the benefit cheats that paper, they revel in it, not ever seen anything positive about someone who had been on benefits and then came off and contributed back to society or anything though and the trying to tie in that dad of 18 to benefits the other day was an all time low.

There are actual, real life figures of immigration and emigration. Mind you, they don't support the Daily Fail hysterics, so I don't suppose anyone is interested.

The Fear - 18/4/2013 14:08

not ever seen anything positive about someone who had been on benefits and then came off and contributed back to society

Why would that be newsworthy? It's what is meant to happen: it's the whole point of benefits, and why i am more than happy to pay my dues to the system and support the welfare state.

Someone going on job seekers allowance, whilst seeking a job, then getting a job so coming off the job seekers allowance, doesnt deserve praise or commendation or newspaper articles. Do they?

Nope, if it isn't made up in the papers Heath, I personally don't want to know mate.

I want moral indignation and fake outrage, not fecking facts thank you very much! :2:

The Fear - 19/4/2013 16:54

Nope, if it isn't made up in the papers Heath, I personally don't want to know mate.

I want moral indignation and fake outrage, not fecking facts thank you very much! :2:

Thank God for that. You wouldn't fit in around here if you did, and quite frankly, I'm not sure how we'd get rid of you.

Just re-red your post GT and noticed I have not responded to all you said. I don't know if you have read media sensationalism for back pain and the like, however on back pain they will have more entwining than just back pain to get any benefits. Back pain will affect the whole of there body not just the back as it all inter connected.

The other 1 the media go on about is people claiming for insomnia, yet they don't tell the whole story. My 2nd lad who has bi polar also suffers from insomnia where he doesn't sleep for days on end and is hyper. It is darn right dangerous too for him because of what it entwines. The problem with taking the media word is they don't tell you the whole story.

As for the guy involved in the case you mentioned I can't comment without access to his medical records. On the surface it looks bad but unless I know his medical history it is difficult to comment. Not all illnesses can be seen or look debilitating.

working tax credit and child tax credit is all means tested. These departments must be costing huge amounts of money to run. We have far too many departments, too much paperwork and administration when it comes to getting benefits/tax credits.

Green Tea - 23/4/2013 13:15

I would also like to add that even with the housing benefit cuts, it is still means tested. So if these disabled you mention cannot afford to pay the rent, then the housing benefit they receive can pay up to 100% of it.

Yes they can however if they have a bedroom too many they only pay up to a 100% of the house size you need so if they have 1 bedroom plus too many they will still be paying some rent

Means test is a must, when benefits are given to those who just do not need it, when they are given away to children as pocket money, as someone who has paid into this system his whole life, as someone who is having a battle royale with DWP/ATOSSERS/Local Gov at the moment and has not received a penny for close on a year, and is surviving on the charity of his kids (I knew I had seven for a reason, about time they gave some back) and landlady, I can say that the system is seriously flawed and those on the floor like me, are just getting kicked, some are getting kicked so much that they commit suicide, while others are just stepping over us like we don't exist and ignoring the problem because "I'm alright Jack"

So, have we come to a conclusion.

Is it ok to be disabled and drink and hit horses or not?!

:14:

I read that the % of the country claiming disability benefit is 4% and of these a huge 71% are lifers(on the benefit for life). Yet in most other built up countries/EU countries the amount claiming for disability rarely exceeds 2%.

If these figures are correct then its only normal for the government to start investigating and asking questions.

i honestly think our dave has missed a trick in the past couple of years and heres why ...

when the groups such as the lefties, union, anarchist, bedroom tax (which isnt a tax) protest around the streets of london, i would of been straight on the phone to the home office and dwp, round the lot of them up and see who was claiming what, same as those who get nicked by the old bill for crimes, get the dwp involved on the information, after all would not be surprised if serial muggers are claiming sickness (unable to run or walk etc).

No, in the Daily Fail they imply, in my humble, all on benefits are scum and highlight disability doo dahs like this as if it is the norm.

It isn't.

But as said with this thread title, it is pathetic. Disability but ok to drink 5pints.

It is allowed !

But good news sir Jim, is never really touched on in this country, it is just horror story after horror story. Shame really.

Without the safety net this country provides I'd have been sunk after my brain op. but now I've more than paid back in corp tax etc and am proud to have done so and to the system that helped when I needed it.

Certainly got no time at all with those who abuse and cheat it.

Conclusion?

What was the question again ! :3:

If I was living on benefits I would not drink 5 pints at the football. Infact I wouldnt be at the football!

It might not be a crime to do so, but it's fucking irresponsible and it makes a mockery of the system.

Like I've said many times before - people like this bloke should not be given cash handouts. They should get vouchers that can be redeemed for goods such as clothes and food. Then basic accomodation and a bus pass and that's it.

If he doesnt like that, then he can do something about it cant he?

But of course we cant do that because some twat in Brussels says we cant. It's a joke.

i agree 100% with badger, all these punks who protest should be rounded up and put onto a proper system. then non of this counselling and help groups bullshit - you either get a job, or you live by the system I describe above. It's so simple and would have us out of recession in half the time.