Exactly vs.Latics | Page 9 | Vital Football

Exactly vs.Latics

He was only playing there 4 months, they signed him in Jan and unloaded him back to us in August, he made 21 league and cup appearances including many as a substitute and scored "some cracking goals" 2 actually, Sheffield Utd fans moaned about him most of the time and wondered why he had been signed, he came back to us and had a shocking season, he was a bit part player under Cook.

2 goals is some for a defensive midfielder, they were both in the same game which they won 2-0.

He was a regular for a manager that won manager of the year in league 2, 1 and championship.

He already showed his ability for us in league 1, which is why we and they wanted to sign him.

Norwood has been a regular for them in the premierleague. He wasn't top 2 in the championship ability wise, which is where they finished that season but he was 3 years younger with potential to be a very good player. Time has passed and he has gone backwards, not the same player we had on loan.

On the talk of goals in all competitions with Merrie, Gardner and Ojo combined 75 games played 1 goal between them. Add perry 99 still one goal, evans has 1 in 14.

Heres his recent league stats;
This season played 12, scored 1 no assists.

Last season 32 games quite a few from the bench, scored 2 assisted 1.
1st season in championship played 34 scored 1 assisted 5.
Half season in league 1 played 20, scored 1 assisted 7.

His set pieces when he joined were exceptional, someone has told him to put pace on the delivery instead of putting it in a dangerous position. With pace his delivery is poor most of the time.

I agree he was rubbish today but he has more good games than bad ones. Maybe coming straight back into the team after being out so long caught up with him today.

I don't think he has this season, he's not played loads but I think he's been disappointing most games when you'd hope he'd be running the show at this level.

He was superb last time we were at this level and the standard of opposition is below what we know he can do so it has made me wonder if his heart isn't really in it after he was not wanted by anyone when all his team mates went. I think he'll want to go in the summer when his deal runs out but I probably wouldn't offer him a new deal at the moment.

I don't think he has this season, he's not played loads but I think he's been disappointing most games when you'd hope he'd be running the show at this level.

He was superb last time we were at this level and the standard of opposition is below what we know he can do so it has made me wonder if his heart isn't really in it after he was not wanted by anyone when all his team mates went. I think he'll want to go in the summer when his deal runs out but I probably wouldn't offer him a new deal at the moment.
He’ll go to Ipswich

Just watched Richardson’s interview. He’s not happy and it was a fair summary as we didn’t win the individual battles. I’m hoping the fact his old boss is returning and the fact we put in such a turgid performance will give us a positive reaction next week. It’s quite simple, I would be telling all those players you have 10 games to earn yourselves a contract for next season. Considering the shit financial situation football finds itself in at the moment that should be motivation enough! Otherwise some of the boys in our squad at the moment could be looking for a new profession (which is probably why Proctor is doing his teacher training as he can see lower league football is on its arse)

Very poor day at the office today. Bad decisions, lack of clinical touch and also a lack of positive risk taking. Our defence has improved tenfold since the dark days of winter, but took a step back today and was particularly disappointed with how easily we were bullied when the ball was in the air. Have always thought that Evans needs to push on and have a few more shots and at this level he should be taking a risk. Our chance conversation ratio is supposedly one of the best in the league but I dont think that stat is quite as positive as it sounds.

Putting it down to an awful day, but not a complete catastrophe. Certainly not a complete undoing of the last 3 games. Nothing a good old fashioned bollocking and extra days training can't put right

I'd only be offering three players new deals come the end of the season (not that they will sign them), Joseph, Lang and Johnston. I would have given Viv a year but not if he's out for season. Biscuit hamstrings will ruin his career just like they have Massey.

Fuck me though, we've got no hope at scoring goals now. Zero pace down the wings which was pivotal to our two recent victories. That Dodoo very much lives up to his name and Gardner despite his assist, we are a shitter unit with him in it. At this point I'd play both Proctor and Keane, hoof it to both of them and give Lang a free role behind them to win any second balls and shoot.

A real shame, I'd accepted we were going down long ago, but those bloody wins gave me a flicker of false hope. More fool me. Our fixtures are diabolical as well, I'd honestly be shocked if we get to 40 points. That was an Accrington side who had lost their last three games and had key players out injured. Utter shite!

There's still options without the two wide players, could try Proctor up top with Aasgaard, Lang and Darikwa behind him. Put Ojo or Perry at full back with Johnston and Evans in midfield. Or Aasgaard, Keane and Lang behind Proctor.

But we'll probably end up playing Gardner and Keane on either wing which will be exciting.....

The teams around us are struggling, 2 wins took us from bottom to back in the mix. Swindon play Rovers and Wimbledon have Northampton next, which could change how the league looks next weekend.

Shame we didn't play for the win, at the end of the day we still lost and we did it in a way that is hard to take.

A real shame, I'd accepted we were going down long ago, but those bloody wins gave me a flicker of false hope. More fool me.

Eh? You'd accepted we were going down long ago ... since then, we've picked up points and improved our league position, ... we lose a game we could/should have won, ... and now you're convinced we're going down?

By all means be prepared that we might go down, but bloody hell, with 10 games to go, and in the bottom 4 purely on goal difference, don't paint our plight as worse than it is.

Not sure ’superb‘ isn’t overstating it a little ....but...he had his moments certainly....quite a few good games, but he was playing with and around better players.

When he was on loan from Wolves he was running the show and looked like one of our best players before he went to Sheffield.

He was in a better side but he was a big part of why that side was so good.

This season a total shadow of what he was. Not even a quarter of that player - he's not being dragged down by those around him he's dragged some of them down in many games.

Will they fuck, took 10 years to get the title from them and you expect a guard of honour?
You should do one for them, come on Celtic spoil the party.

You were right T&C that shower of shite didn't do a guard of honour...how sad & shallow a club Celtic are...tradition & honour my arse..🤔

It’s that bad this league we are still in with a chance of staying up any other season we would have been down. But we really do need to play to win games.

You have summed it up exactly, we are a poor team in a poor league and in the bottom four, every time we get above the bottom four,
we are back in the bottom four straight away.

You were right T&C that shower of shite didn't do a guard of honour...how sad & shallow a club Celtic are...tradition & honour my arse..🤔

Someone posted last night and they were right, Celtic are not doing a guard of honour in retaliation to Rangers not doing it for them, always two sides pal!