Exactly vs.Latics | Vital Football

Exactly vs.Latics

We've caught them in rubbish form with only 1 win (against Swindon) in their last 8. This is the type of game you'd think we could get a win, but it's also the type of game that we often go missing for. All about if we turn up on the day.

Lee Johnson was getting praise on Quest for taking into account the poor state of the accy pitch and changing their playing style to go more "aerial" as their normal passing game would have been badly affected by the playing surface (allegedly).
I'm a bit concerned that it will affect out natural "on the deck" game as well and unfortunately we've not looked particularly threatening when playing "hoof ball", so I've a feeling the result could be a bit of a lottery unfortunately.

We've had a lot of luck recently, I hope it hasn't run out yet.

Need a win on paper one of the easier games on paper

I agree on paper John, but in reality a team who is on a terrible run of form, as these men are, will be targeting exactly this type of game to stop the rot so I fully expect them to be really "up for it" and we have to match their intensity as a minimum. I've a feeling the first goal could be crucial, if we could nick one their heads might drop, if they nick one it could give them a massive lift.

Lee Johnson was getting praise on Quest for taking into account the poor state of the accy pitch and changing their playing style to go more "aerial" as their normal passing game would have been badly affected by the playing surface (allegedly).
I'm a bit concerned that it will affect out natural "on the deck" game as well and unfortunately we've not looked particularly threatening when playing "hoof ball", so I've a feeling the result could be a bit of a lottery unfortunately.

We've had a lot of luck recently, I hope it hasn't run out yet.

No need to play hoofball because of the state of any pitch. Passing a football wasn't invented in the last ten years.
Seen some amazing matches on far worse pitches than ours or Stanley's pitch.

No need to play hoofball because of the state of any pitch. Passing a football wasn't invented in the last ten years.
Seen some amazing matches on far worse pitches than ours or Stanley's pitch.

Fair point Jeff, I'll certainly have been at the same games. I'm definitely not advocating we try hoof ball (let's face it, we are rubbish at it anyway), I'm just hoping that the pitch doesn't negatively impact our passing game to the point that it affects the result.

Is there a reason why we get so many injuries ?... its 1 step forward, 2 back all the bloody time.
To be fair most clubs do. Modern medicine and treatment shows up a lot more problems than in past years.
Can't go off, strap the ankle up, have a drop of whisky then come back on and score an hat trick anymore.

Leam mentioned recently Otabor almost didn't start due to a knee problem, could be the same issue or something new idk.

Great to hear Lang is back, he's become our most important player for me with his work rate and ability to get himself into good positions in front of goal.

On the other side Dion charles is 4th top scorer in l1 atm with 16 goals, he's scored 3 of their past 7 goals.

Stanley had 5 key players out injured against Sunderland in their last game, not sure how many will be back against us. Pritchard has missed their past four games, he's their most creative player. Their captain Conneely has been out too for the past few games. Manager says he's been their pots so far this year.

One of the weaknesses i've seen from them on occasion just from highlights and against us earlier in the season, they give the ball away cheaply at the back and can be dispossessed in midfield. But too do that the team needs to be on it 100% with their running.