Ex-Millers on the move | Page 7 | Vital Football

Ex-Millers on the move

Hammill was previously with Derry City (League of Ireland Premier). Derry City have just played in the First Qualifying Round of the European Conference League. They lost 0-4 on aggregate and were eliminated form the competition. Hammill was not in the squad for either leg.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott Allan has been released by Hibernian. Sounds like he has some serious health problems which may prevent him staying in professional football.

Last edited:
20/07/22

BBC Football website : Harry Toffolo (plus Lewis O'Brien) - Huddersfield Town to Nottingham Forest for £10 million jointly. We turned down the chance to permanently sign Toffolo earlier in his career! :(

7 league appearances (no goals) in 2015/16 season. We probably decided to sign a 30+ year old crocked player with no sell-on value instead, who was slightly cheaper! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
20/07/22

Harry Toffolo (plus Lewis O'Brien) - Huddersfield Town to Nottingham Forest for £10 million jointly. We turned down the chance to permanently sign Toffolo earlier in his career! :(
Good LB. Hadn't realised we could have signed him, Mike.:cautious:

He moved from Norwich to Millwall , then was released at the end of the 2017/18 season by the Lions, without playing a game. Then he moved to Lincoln City... I suppose when a big club came in for him , there wasn't much we could do... as Tony Stewart usually says:p

Plus it was during a period when we were short of left-backs! He may not have wanted to come to us, of course, which as we know, seems to be the case with many players.

Last edited:
Yes, Mike. We can't hope to match Lincoln. They have just signed an ex-Brighton young midfielder from Shamrock Rovers. Daniel Mandroiu, 23 yo, scored 36 goals in 90 games from midfield in Ireland. Fee £27K. These are the kind of players I'd like us to be in for.

One we missed from a few weeks ago...

Tyrone Lewthwaite (Ex-Millers Youth team centre forward) - Aylesbury U. to Bedford Town (Southern League Central Premier Lge. ) free transfer

Last edited:
I saw Lewthwaite playing for the Millers reserves several times. He was on the bench a few times for the first team. N. Ireland youth international. Looked like a good prospect. I was a bit surprised when we released him . Probably didn't like fell-running. Played in non-league since leaving us.