Ex-Millers on the move | Page 9 | Vital Football

Ex-Millers on the move

One that we missed from a few weeks ago...

Ex-Millers reserve keeper Tony Thompson has moved from Altrincham to Warrington Town (of NPL Premier) on a free transfer.

11/10/22

Paul Davis (Advertiser) Twitter - Jacob Gratton has moved from Farsley Celtic to Belper Town (of NPL Premier) .

Last edited:
12/10/22

BBC Football website - don't know where he is going, but ex-Millers manager (2011/12) Andy Scott has been sacked by Nottingham Forest from his post as Head Scout.

Another one that we missed from a few weeks ago-
Scott Allan - Hibernian (out of contract) to Arbroath (Scottish Championship)

Is he the one that Alan Stubbs had a go at in the press saying he was lazy?

Stubbsy allegedly said that he "wasn't trying". Although, with all the medical problems and injuries on Scott Allan's record , it's amazing that he is still playing professional football at all. From the games I saw him play for the Millers , his effort was ok, but he was just nowhere near EFL Championship standard. He played for Hibs in the Europa Conference last season!

Why have we signed so many players with quite serious injury and/or medical problems in recent years ? Let's hope that will not continue under the new regime .
----------------------------------------------------------------

Zeki Fryers has left Macclesfield - contract terminated by mutual consent. (May have retired due to injury?)

Last edited:
Stubbsy allegedly said that he "wasn't trying". Although, with all the medical problems and injuries on Scott Allan's record , it's amazing that he is still playing professional football at all. From the games I saw him play for the Millers , his effort was ok, but he was just nowhere near EFL Championship standard. He played for Hibs in the Europa Conference last season!

Why have we signed so many players with quite serious injury and/or medical problems in recent years ? Let's hope that will not continue under the new regime .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zeki Fryers has left Macclesfield - contract terminated by mutual consent. (May have retired due to injury?)

I always liked Fryers.

I often wonder why we sign 'injured' players - can only be down to not looking into their injury record thoroughly can't it?

I always liked Fryers.

I often wonder why we sign 'injured' players - can only be down to not looking into their injury record thoroughly can't it?
Probably because no other club wants them, so they are cheap. it's throwing money down the drain though and they are unlikely to last long or have any sell-on value. The only one that I can think of who turned out to be a success was Craig Morgan. We signed him , knowing that he would need an operation in the near future. He then turned out to be a good signing.

05/11/22

Curtis Woodhouse - who played for the Millers on loan in 2003, has recently taken over as manager of Marske United (NPL Prem.). His last football manager job was at Gainsborough Trinity in 2021, plus he has been doing some boxing training and coaching.
Marske U. lost 2-3 today.

Last edited:
25/11/22

Radio Sheffield - Neil Redfearn : no information about where he is going next , but he has resigned from his role as Head Coach for Sheffield U. Womens team

This must be quite a sudden thing. Read an article only this week about how he was enjoying his time with the Blades Ladies (mind you, the article might have been old I suppose).

26/11/22

One we missed over the summer... Nicky Adams - joined Radcliffe of NPL Prem. from Oldham Athletic He made 15 league appearances (mainly as a sub?) for the Millers in 2014 and scored one goal. Playing against Curtis Durose's Gainsboro' Trinity today.