Ex-Millers on the move | Page 5 | Vital Football

Ex-Millers on the move

Steve Evans is probably the worst person to talk about transfers - how many did he sign on loan that played once and we never saw again!

20/05/22

Zeki Fryers - Welling U. to Macclesfield FC (of Northerm Premier Lge Div One West, which is tier 8 of the Football League).

Don't know where they are going, but Hull City have released Richie Smallwood and Tom Eaves. Similarly, Grant Ward has been released by Blackpool, and Izzy Brown (already discussed on another thread) by Preston N.E. The latter two have been plagued by injury problems.

Last edited:
26/05/22

John Swift - Reading to WBA (free). Midfielder who played four league games for the Millers during a short loan spell in autumn 2014.

Aaron Chapman - he's not an ex-Miller, but he is from Rotherham. The Gillingham keeper who had a great game against us in our final match of the season, has been snapped up by his old manager Steve Evans, and will be playing for Stevenage next season.

Last edited:
31/05/22

BBC Radio Sheffield - Ryan Cresswell is to continue as manager of Sheffield FC, but the club itself is hoping to move in the next few months to a redeveloped version of the old Sheffield Transport ground in Meadowhead , with a planned capacity of 4000.

01/06/22

Dominic Ball - QPR to Ipswich Town (free transfer). Another early signing for Ipswich! Dom's book has had some good reviews.

Last edited:
01/06/22

Dominic Ball - QPR to Ipswich Town (free transfer). Ipswich are making quite a few early signings!
Face didn't seem to fit at Rotherham. Really popular with QPR fans and most regret his leaving. I predict he and Ipswich will do very well next season. I would have had him back but he ought to score a few more goals.

Still don't know who told him that he was "surplus to requirements" at the NYS - maybe that's in his book somewhere? He didn't particularly impress me during his time with the Millers though , but neither did many of his team mates at that time.

I wasn’t impressed either Mike.
If my memory serves me right (and it often doesn’t!) whilst he was with us I think there was some sort of disagreement with management about the position he was asked to play or style he played - something anyway!! which led to him not getting the game time he thought he should have had.

15/06/22
David Stockdale - Wycombe W. to Sheffield W. (Free transfer)
Paul Green - Boston U. to Worksop T. (Free transfer). [Reported in the Advertiser]

16/06/22
Ryan Williams - Oxford U. to Perth Glory [Australia] (Undisclosed fee). Late bid to get in Australia World Cup squad?

Last edited:
15/06/22
David Stockdale - Wycombe W. to Sheffield W. (Free transfer)
Paul Green - Boston U. to Worksop T. (Free transfer). [Reported in the Advertiser]

16/06/22
Ryan Williams - Oxford U. to Perth Glory [Australia] (Undisclosed fee). Late bid to get in Australia World Cup squad?

Well Stockdale has certainly been around the block and back again! And you could be right about Ryan Williams, Mike.

17/06/22

Alfred Burnett - Rotherham U. (out of contract) to Forest Green Rovers (see other thread).
----------------------------------------------------------------

18/06/22

Farrend Rawson - Mansfield T. to Morcambe (Free tansfer)

Last edited:
21/06/22

BBC Football website :

Will Vaulks - Cardiff C. to Sheffield W. (free)
Joe Mattock - Rotherham U. (out of contract) to Harrogate T. ( see other thread)
Danny Hylton - Luton T. to Northampton T. (undisclosed fee)

Last edited: