Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luka Modric says England have unfair playing at home, dear me!
Belgium won 3 0 in Russia last night and Croatia got to the final of the world cup!
Expect better from such a top player.

Last edited:
Luka Modric says England have unfair playing at home, dear me!
Belgium won 3 0 in Russia last night and Croatia got to the final of the world cup!
Expect from such a top player.
An unfair advantage? I may be mistaken, but I thought the host nation has always played at home in every tournament there has ever been. Further, Italy, Russia, Denmark, Netherlands, Scotland, Spain, Germany and Hungary are also playing 'home' games.

Seems as if some of the starting 11 for today has leaked ahead of schedule.

Grealish on the bench with Kane, Sterling and Foden as a front 3

An unfair advantage? I may be mistaken, but I thought the host nation has always played at home in every tournament there has ever been. Further, Italy, Russia, Denmark, Netherlands, Scotland, Spain, Germany and Hungary are also playing 'home' games.

I don't like the games being dispersed. It should be held in one country. It just doesn't seem like a proper finals.

Good start to Holland vs Ukraine.

Austria vs North Macedonia was a decent one as well. A bit feisty in stages.

Holland Ukraine pretty lively, know Holland are missing de ligt but defensively they look like you could get at them/not had the same control we did.

Pleasantly surprised that ukraine are giving it a go even though they've conceded a few chances

2 out of the 3 games today have been very entertaining. Great strike by Yarmolenko against the Dutch.
I'll put the other game down to the heat

Holland Ukraine pretty lively, know Holland are missing de ligt but defensively they look like you could get at them/not had the same control we did.

Pleasantly surprised that ukraine are giving it a go even though they've conceded a few chances

Shocking performance from the Ukraine goalie.

I wonder how Greg Dyke is feeling right now?

Back in September 2013 when he became FA Chairman he set out the new vision of English football and how it was going to change in the way young English players were coached and set a target of winning the 2022 World Cup and getting to the Euro 2020 semi final.

Back then he was widely mocked and sniggered at by most but we have surpassed his initial target because we got to the semis of the World Cup 3 years ago.

While we haven't achieved anything yet we are certainly going in the right direction and I don't think anyone would argue that we have some of the most exciting young talent in World football coming through.

I think very few would sy we have little or no chance of getting to the semis and I think virtually all England football fans would be of the opinion we have at least a chance of winning the World Cup next year with the current team and more talent coming through.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but read some of the comments at the bottom of this article and ask yourself with the benefit of hindsight how some of these people feel now given how far our national side has come from 8 years ago?

Greg Dyke sets England 2022 World Cup target - BBC Sport

I wonder how Greg Dyke is feeling right now?

Back in September 2013 when he became FA Chairman he set out the new vision of English football and how it was going to change in the way young English players were coached and set a target of winning the 2022 World Cup and getting to the Euro 2020 semi final.

Back then he was widely mocked and sniggered at by most but we have surpassed his initial target because we got to the semis of the World Cup 3 years ago.

While we haven't achieved anything yet we are certainly going in the right direction and I don't think anyone would argue that we have some of the most exciting young talent in World football coming through.

I think very few would sy we have little or no chance of getting to the semis and I think virtually all England football fans would be of the opinion we have at least a chance of winning the World Cup next year with the current team and more talent coming through.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but read some of the comments at the bottom of this article and ask yourself with the benefit of hindsight how some of these people feel now given how far our national side has come from 8 years ago?

Greg Dyke sets England 2022 World Cup target - BBC Sport

There is no chance our squad would look anything like this but for the accident of having to appoint Gareth Southgate...

Status
Not open for further replies.