Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allardyce was the media darling in 2016 following four decent years particularly at West Ham and then keeping Sunderland up.
After his one game with England he's had three uninspiring six month spells at Palace (after which he announced his retirement from club management), Everton and WBA

So, given the average Scotman's hatred of all things English and their general bemusement at our reciprocal indifference, I'm leaning marginally towards the Czechs this afternoon. BBC going more Scots than wee Jimmie Krankie ( their 1st Minister) clinches it.

Prague's a great city, too.

So, given the average Scotman's hatred of all things English and their general bemusement at our reciprocal indifference, I'm leaning marginally towards the Czechs this afternoon. BBC going more Scots than wee Jimmie Krankie ( their 1st Minister) clinches it.

Difficult - I'm a big fan of Glasgow, whilst Prague can get too chocca with tourists!

No indifference from me I always want to see the Scots hammered and that's even with having a Scottish grandfather. I hope that get beaten and then we batter them next Friday.

Anyone remember how the tartan army were going to win the world cup in Argentina (I just remember it) that went well didn't it :lol:

Good to see Scotland now 1 down just before HT!! Don't want them having any hope or momentum coming to Wembley.

If England bring their best attacking game they've nothing to fear from either of these two. Scotland will be wound up to running through brick wall intensity but that's all they've got.

The football fan in me appreciates 2 brilliant goals from Schick.
The amateur health and safety officer in me notices that Marshall the Scottish goalie is lucky - could quite easily have been impaled on the camera /mic boom or whatever it is behind the goal...

Scots have had a load of chances, which might mean the bouncing Czechs have a weak defence, and have been a bit lucky

The difference in quality of the forwards is the difference in this game. Scotland have snatched at chances all game

That reminded me of an FA Cup 3rd round match where the big team just about turns up, but still does enough for a comfortable win against the plucky underdogs. Scotland can play a bit but there was no composure and lots of naivety. The second goal was embarrassing.

Scotland did what they always do, running around like their hair is on fire. They made chances and probably should have got a point there, but it looked like the Czechs were letting them have the ball for much of the game. The Czechs were clinical, Scotland were not. If Scotland run around like that at Wembley, England's counter will take them apart.

Dont know what's funnier, the desperation in the commentary ("next goal is crucial" every 30 seconds), the desperation of the crowd or the collective realisation that having waited all these years to qualify for a tournament Scotland are a bit shit for it.

Like in the 1999 play off with England, Scotland will now probably play like world-beaters in their Wembley Cup Final on Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.