Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you're mistaking russia being shite for an issue with their style to be fair! Know it was a bit of a ridiculous game but both the Danes and Finns were pretty direct too.

I can only go on the games I've seen. I bet England are the same tomorrow.

The thing is, you can mitigate shiteness with a bit of imagination.

Lukaku was really good by the way. He's always had goals in him and know he's had a great year in italy but he looked more agile and sprightly than I remember.

No messing about with the goals

I can only go on the games I've seen. I bet England are the same tomorrow.

The thing is, you can mitigate shiteness with a bit of imagination.

England's problem if anything is going to be not having enough of the ball against Croatia's midfield (as per 2018). Think giving it back to them cheaply would be pretty dumb

England's problem if anything is going to be not having enough of the ball against Croatia's midfield (as per 2018). Think giving it back to them cheaply would be pretty dumb

I agree. Losing 3-0 without a clue is pretty dumb, too.

My point is, the best footballing team - Italy, Belgium - doesn't always have to win. Turkey and Russia looked devoid of any strategy to buck the odds.

The Cowleys knew how to do that in spades. Ask Burnley.

My point is, the best footballing team - Italy, Belgium - doesn't always have to win. Turkey and Russia looked devoid of any strategy to buck the odds.

I think Russia were just bad though. Attempting less than half Belgiums passes yet alone completing any, giving away 37 long balls and playing a functional 4231 with two holding midfielders and a donkey up top barging into people isn't prime Brazil style is it?

Clueless I'll give you but wasn't disputing that one. Think they were playing for a set piece with the big man and expecting to keep it a bit tighter than they did. But to suggest they tried to play too much football is stretching it

Oh, I agree they were bad. And clueless about how to mitigate that and strive towards mediocrity. 😆

Oh, I agree they were bad. And clueless about how to mitigate that and strive towards mediocrity. 😆

No one liking the manager but him being putins mate (as the commentary suggested) probably doesn't help. They were alright at their own tournament though three years ago, so not sure what's happened there

No one liking the manager but him being putins mate (as the commentary suggested) probably doesn't help. They were alright at their own tournament though three years ago, so not sure what's happened there

Although thinking about it, cynics might suggest they were missing an injection of something compared to 2018

For notthebestteam strategy... Finland won with 30% possession, Wales got a decent draw with 36%... two teams gutsing it out and making the most of their apparently lesser strengths.

Christ no. They were utter shit in the world cup. Hoofball without the fun or the passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.