EU Referendum | Page 5 | Vital Football

EU Referendum

The UK's nett contribution to the EU is £8.5 billion a year, that's money the other EU country's would have to make up if we left so it's hardly surprising they want us to stay.
The long term goal is a federal Europe governed from Brussels with the Euro as the only currency in circulation. So the main issue for me is do you want to remain British or do you want to become European but residing in the British region of Europe. The economic arguments are a smokescreen, a United States of Europe is the real endgame!

I think the option of remaining British will be taken out of our hands as both the Scots and the Welsh will vote for independence,then join the EU.

The fucking government have rigged it so the country remains. i hope the people who vote to stay don't moan the fuck on when Merkel and co rip the fuck out of the UK as soon as the results are known. the only winners in all this are the rich the poor don't matter.

I couldn't give a fuck about immigration that would get sorted, the fact is if the UK was out of the EU those german and frog bastards wouldn't be able to take the piss out of this once great country.

Harry's Boy - 2/6/2016 12:07

I've rarely been so infuriated by any other political debate or felt so helpless in the face of the political and corporate machine that rules our lives.

Both sides are dominated (at least as the press has it) by Tories.

On one hand we have the 'remain' faction, led by such socially aware and dedicated 'men of the people' standing up for 'hard-working British families', Cameron amd Osborne. My arse. Just like the unelected EU and commentators such as the IMF they have a vested interest in serving their corporate masters, who, literally do not care whether the ordinary people of Europe have decent lives or not. So long as the European super-state serves to keep their economy balanced and in favour of their self-interested, arses-n-butter, lovely lifestyle.

On the other hand, we have the bare-faced personal ambition of Johnson. A man, who, if you have read his book 'The Churchill Factor', clearly believes he is the reincarnation of Churchill. His self-absorbed push to become prime minister at the expense of any attention to reason screams of One Chance for personal elevation to the office he, rather more Napolean-like, ambitiously yearns for. And his charming side-kick, the utterly vile Michael Gove. A political opportunist trying to oust Cameron after his demotion within the party. And their arguments? All economic ones are speculative. This has never been done before so who really knows? In truth, neither side. They are left with the immigration card. Yes, as an ordinary person I can see how having to compete for basic pay with 200 million fellow low paid workers across Europe is going to be a major disadvantage. So, leave and close the borders. Right. Except they're going to leave the Irish door open. And the Irish door is still open to millions of European workers. Guess what'll happen there. The self-seeking bastards on the 'Brexit' side will still be able to exploit ordinary people across Europe regardless if Britain are in or out of the EU.

And as for the voice of the people? Bloody silence. To be honest, I think the Labour Party realised the damage it did to its own support by backing senior Tories in the Scottish referendum. To their support they just looked like toadies supporting The Establishment of Cameron et al. It certainly kllled any Scottish support for Labour when it came to the General Election and confirmed to English supporters that Milliband did not have it to lead a walk in the park let alone the country.

I could go on but I'll save you that. This country is sick of politics and politicians. It needs to change. Political parties have to reshape to greater represent the populace. First past the post yields a continual flow of minority governments dominated by one faction within that party. I think in order to achieve the sort of bloody in fighting and eventual resolution that we need is for the country to leave the EU. There will follow a period of massive upheaval. Nobody knows how the multi-nationals will treat the UK after that. I'm guessing self-interest will keep global businesses determined to keep trading. However, I'm hoping for parties to break up, re-group according to clearly expressed philosophies and policies that actually allow people to make political choices which are meaningful to them.

I'll get me coat.
Good post Harry,read a Tony Benn post earlierhad a tab with him a few years ago,loved his politics,but it's a few years later now.Here's hoping the tories rip themselves apart.

We know how our poll has gone on here but I wonder if today's murder of the Yorkshire MP does anything to the proper one. Not that I would accuse any higher powers of trying anything to sway opinion or owt like that. *whistles...

Just for arguments sake, say there was something sinister involved in trying different methods to change minds, is money, oil or power really worth more than a human life?

If it's true regarding the Britain First claim then it shows what type of bloke he is anyway. A racist thug. Nothing sinister in my eyes from the powers that be.

Officemonkey - 16/6/2016 23:26

If it's true regarding the Britain First claim then it shows what type of bloke he is anyway. A racist thug. Nothing sinister in my eyes from the powers that be.

Ive read loads of reports tonight and whilst the majority are adamant the bloke is a mentally ill loner and said 'Britain First' over and over again, there are the odd one or two who have said that they heard the bloke say 'why don't you put Britain first?'

I know it means little and wont bring the wife back but in theory it means a lot as it creates tension towards the wrong people as if there is an agenda. I suppose that's where any conspiracy thoughts may stem from.

That Britain First lot need their hammers anyway. Just a shame it has taken this to make it happen. It's no surprise that they're all up for leaving the EU either mind. A bunch of absolute toe rags who have created a whole load of knackers who hate all Muslims and immigrants. Even if this isn't related to them the above still stands.

Her poor kids and husband must be devastated.

Officemonkey - 16/6/2016 23:45

That Britain First lot need their hammers anyway. Just a shame it has taken this to make it happen. It's no surprise that they're all up for leaving the EU either mind. A bunch of absolute toe rags who have created a whole load of knackers who hate all Muslims and immigrants. Even if this isn't related to them the above still stands.

Her poor kids and husband must be devastated.

It's difficult to put into context and there's certainly no job in the world worth more than human lives, then again we're just classed as the average Joe with nowt to contribute but an 'X' on a piece of paper now and again.

The world of politics has many dark corridors with many too complex for us to comprehend. If ive learned anything from joining this forum, it's the fact that it's made me open my eyes more to what is really going on in the world away from here and I bet this isn't as cut and dry as it seems. It's a shame to think this way, especially for the bairns and that concerned but I cant help it nowadays.

She is now sadly a victim of hatred whipped up by this divisive Brexit campaign and the likes of Britain First. Both fuel xenophobic hatred through lies. Something which this young woman exposed and spoke out against countless times.

We're in for some scary times now. Once you get people going like this it's hard to then stop them going too far. Britain First are especially guilty of this. Advertising that they want street militants etc and doing fight club work shops. Now trying to distance themselves from it? They can fuck right off.

Om this Britain First have said he had nothing to do with them. Just because he might or might not have said that doesn't mean he was a member. By all accounts he was a loner who had nowt to do with anyone. Its like you saying if someone killed her but shouted Allahu Akbar that all Muslims must have put him up to it. And apparently witnesses have stated they never heard him say Britain First.

Just a quick little think should really tell you everything you need to know anyway.

Aside from the media being full of shite and one of the biggest reasons why the world is in a mess, if we go by what they say and take it as gospel, what they are telling us just contradicts itself anyway.

If the bloke was a loner then he wouldn't be part of any group and if he was mentally ill, could he not have just had a break down and accuse the wife of being part of something that he thought was going to ruin the country? by that I mean the campaign to stay in the EU.

Even on here with our varied intelligence levels but by the by, the term id class as the average Joe on the street, even with all our knowledge, we find it hard to work out which side of the fence to be on in regards to the in or out vote, so if you're mentally challenged, you'll be bordering on god knows what with all the scaremongering. Even this last week, some of the headlines have been shocking to say the least.

Top post toony spot on. the bloke was just some nutter who has probably watched the tv and if anything the in campaign have probably scared him more than anything the out campaign could ever do. remember the in lot have claimed there could be a war with Russia and could put 70 years of peace at risk if we leave, that everyone will be over £4k out of pocket,farmers will lose £300m if we leave,then you have that utter **** Osborne threatening huge tax rises and massive spending cuts if the country quits the EU when he knows he couldn't get that bill passed as his own party would vote against it. OH and by the way witnesses have stated that they never heard him say British First its just the media using the word "Allegedly said" to suit their agenda.

And there you have it the first fucking idiot using the death of this lady for their own agenda.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3645914/Making-political-capital-disgusting-Labour-MP-faces-backlash-appearing-Newsnight-criticise-Leave-campaign-s-dangerous-material-just-hours-Jo-Cox-s-tragic-murder.html

billybobcat - 17/6/2016 09:11

And there you have it the first fucking idiot using the death of this lady for their own agenda.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3645914/Making-political-capital-disgusting-Labour-MP-faces-backlash-appearing-Newsnight-criticise-Leave-campaign-s-dangerous-material-just-hours-Jo-Cox-s-tragic-murder.html

Oh ive seen a few on Twatter that have similar tendencies and is one of the reasons why we view the grey area of something that may just be black or white.