EU Referendum | Page 31 | Vital Football

EU Referendum

billybobcat - 14/7/2016 18:45

Aye she is very nice for her age mate, well i think she is.

Fair enough billy each to their own and all that .....I suppose my weak spot for a 71 year old Debbie Harry might seem a bit weird too some.

Sorry got to go ... feeling a bit queasy all of a sudden :kpuke:

Just finished my album & collection of songs earlier this afternoon & ended the night with a squaddie who passionately believed in himself,we kissed each other & did each other no harm,I asked him the name of his daughter & he asked me the name of my grandaughter.His politics were shit but he sat at the side of a river & talked.

Was a bit pissed when I wrote it billyboy obviously,cracking night in the black bull by the river.
The jist of the post was that regardless of personal politics we can all find some common ground.
That you cheapen that with some homophobic/idiotic comment,you expose yourself as a fuckwit.
If you want to discuss politics I'm all ears,your one line comments have no relevance.

Fascinating to revisit the thread as the day May has told us 108 times we would be leaving grows ever nearer. 29th March 2019 coming up, or 12th April, or 22nd May or the end of December 20XX.

Revisited it myself Rex after noticing it had been commented on. A great thread full of diversity that deserves a bump for a bit considering it's as current now as it was when this first aired.

Some shite flying around at present with it's main agenda being that we're better off out. If anything it's scaremongering to allow the 'elite' to get away with more murder than what they've got away with previously.

Some of tonight's gems include stories on daylight saving being scrapped if we stay in and gadgets becoming law in cars so that people can't speed in any speed limit zone.

Of course the carrot being dangled of coming out of the EU includes these sort of things being quashed.

I'm just reading about Britain having to abandon its annual clock change if it stays in the single market. MEP's voted that by 2021 it's either summer or winter time all year long. Apparently a public consultation received 4.6 responses with over 3m from Germany. The directive has been nicknamed 'Berlin time'. You couldn't make this shit up.

At least we had a historic evening. In the face of an inept government not able to push anything through, MPs take control - and can't push anything through.

Brexit aside,over 4,000,000 bairns are living in poverty on this island of ours,most of them from the working poor,after 10 years of a tory government,public services are on their knees,the N.H.S. being privatised by the day & the grass isn't being cut ..I despise the tories as much as that oaf whose dismantling our club,peas in a fkn pod.

I can understand where you're coming from Rytoon but I spend a lot of time writing for an American outlet at the moment including following parliament and select committees. Not all tories are bad. There are maybe a dozen decent ones. The same goes for Labour. There is also a decent Lib Dem.

I'm tempted to agree with you Rex,tho 10's stretching it a bit,on one hand for me & wonder what happened there,being on the left wing of the tory party intrigues me,whose your 1 decent lib dem?
I can think of scores of Labour M.P's who have their hearts in the right place & a few that don't,good to see the tories get a kicking tho,it's going to get juicier when rees fog & johnson start running the country in a couple of weeks time.

Last edited:
I'm tempted to agree with you Rex,tho 10's stretching it a bit,on one hand for me & wonder what happened there,being on the left wing of the tory party intrigues me,whose your 1 decent lib dem?
I can think of scores of Labour M.P's who have their hearts in the right place & a few that don't,good to see the tories get a kicking tho,it's going to get juicier when rees fog & johnson start running the country in a couple of weeks time.
My decent Lib Dem is Tim Farron. He is someone who can disagree civilly and from my encounters, is genuine in what he believes. I put it down to Mo Mowlem's influence when he did Politics at Newcastle Uni.