England Winter Cricket thread | Page 5 | Vital Football

England Winter Cricket thread

I see one of your favrit's Buttler saw England home today TT,he had good help from Sibley very good knocks by both mi thinks given the circumstances.UTMPB

Last edited:
I see one of your favrit's Buttler saw England home today TT,he had good help from Sibley very good knocks by both mi thinks given the circumstances.UTMPB
Watched a lot of it Rod and it seems he's realised that you can't just carry on playing one day style in tests and he's buckled down, learned to defend and select his shots.He batted well in both innings.

He looked competent but I think the Sky pundits were getting a bit carried away with his keeping display, which has improved but , the way they were going on, I was looking for Alan Knott.

Sibley's also learned to play with softer hands, mainly from watching Joe for hours I would imagine, and will , hopefully get better 'cos it will be needed in India.

The good work could well be undone due to the mad selection policy- Buttler comes home after 1 test and Foakes will take the gloves whilst Jonny, the second best player of spin, comes home for the 1st two . That's 2 regulars used to playing in India and know the Indian players well due to playing in the IPL but, no worries, Crawley's experience in India will be vital!- at least he'll have plenty of time to watch and learn if this tour's owt to go by

Watched a lot of it Rod and it seems he's realised that you can't just carry on playing one day style in tests and he's buckled down, learned to defend and select his shots.He batted well in both innings.

He looked competent but I think the Sky pundits were getting a bit carried away with his keeping display, which has improved but , the way they were going on, I was looking for Alan Knott.

Sibley's also learned to play with softer hands, mainly from watching Joe for hours I would imagine, and will , hopefully get better 'cos it will be needed in India.

The good work could well be undone due to the mad selection policy- Buttler comes home after 1 test and Foakes will take the gloves whilst Jonny, the second best player of spin, comes home for the 1st two . That's 2 regulars used to playing in India and know the Indian players well due to playing in the IPL but, no worries, Crawley's experience in India will be vital!- at least he'll have plenty of time to watch and learn if this tour's owt to go by
It does seem strange mi owd pal doesn't it sending players home with experience of Indian conditions.UTMPB

Watched the highlights unfortunately I couldn’t avoid hearing the score I lasted till 6 pm news on radio so I was comfortable watching it but suddenly realised we still needed quite a few with 4 down I bet it was quite tense watching live. Job done time to move onto the next job which will be much more difficult

It looks like Channel 4 have won the rights to show the England series in India.It'll be the first time since the Ashes in 2005 that tests will be shown live on Terrestial TV.The 3rd test is a day/night game and starts 9am our time but the others are 4am our time.Gr8 news i think and if it's half as good as the Ashes of 2005 was we're in for a treat..UTMPB

It looks like Channel 4 have won the rights to show the England series in India.It'll be the first time since the Ashes in 2005 that tests will be shown live on Terrestial TV.The 3rd test is a day/night game and starts 9am our time but the others are 4am our time.Gr8 news i think and if it's half as good as the Ashes of 2005 was we're in for a treat..UTMPB

Even I'm looking forward to it Rod - cricket's a godsend right now :yes:

Even I'm looking forward to it Rod - cricket's a godsend right now :yes:
It'll probably be after lunch session when i start watching it Live Germaine(6 am our time)cos our Gertie doesn't let me get much sleep at Bedtime.:whistle: Her snoring's so loud.:ROFLMAO: UTMPB

Just to bump this back up in readiness for tomorrow's early start -4.00am UK time -on terrestrial TV Channel 4 - as Joe Root leads England out in his 100th test.

Just looked at his timeline on the YCCC website- see below -and found this tenuously relevant fact.

2006: Debuted in the Sheffield Collegiate first team, scoring seven as an opener in a Premier League victory over Sheffield United

It would be marvellous for him to get another 100 in this match but just do your best Joe and represent your country and county like the supreme professional talent that you are.

https://yorkshireccc.com/news/view/...sOJbyGrVMAdxGGYXl7AN9nK-nVK-J5tbLtfRJrrRCpmMA

Last edited:
What was a very good start has turned into a good morning for india
Had Our Joe been run out it would've been a brilliant session for India after England were well in control,i think it was a fairly even session at the end.Oh well time for a cuppa and wait for the afternoon session.UTMPB