England Winter Cricket thread | Page 7 | Vital Football

England Winter Cricket thread

Re writing the record books in the first 37 days of the year.

Only one other test captain has got 150 plus in successive test matches- and that was Bradman.

Another 6 runs and he goes 3rd behind Cook & Gooch in the highest ever English Test run scorers.

Highest score by anyone in their 100th test.

5 double tons, a record now shared with the great Wally Hammond

The Pope is so fortunate to be batting with GOD!

He must be the best international sportsman ever to come out of Sheffield???

Wally Hammond was a bit before my time (as was W. G. Grace) but I did see Bradman play at BDBL. Applauded all the way to the wicket, as everyone knew it would be the last time he would ever play cricket at that historic ground.

Out for 218 , well played Joe.

A steady start to the year- lot of hard work to come.

EDIT @ 10.23

Nice leave Buttler:mad: WTF???

Last edited:
Typical watched till tea then took the pooch for a roll in some mud and wickets tumble at least we’ve got to 550 be nice to get another 20 or 30 tomorrow but I’m not expecting it

Typical watched till tea then took the pooch for a roll in some mud and wickets tumble at least we’ve got to 550 be nice to get another 20 or 30 tomorrow but I’m not expecting it
Pope went followed quickly by Joe, who reviewed it!,and then the pantomime started with Buttler shouldering arms to a straight one that took the top of his off stump the , next ball Archer was beaten for pace and had his stumps flattened too.,
Buttler was given not out caught behind before that and they had used all their reviews and Bess dropped when he gave an absolute dolly catch to mid on.

Liveliest session of the match so far.

Pope went followed quickly by Joe, who reviewed it!,and then the pantomime started with Buttler shouldering arms to a straight one that took the top of his off stump the , next ball Archer was beaten for pace and had his stumps flattened too.,
Buttler was given not out caught behind before that and they had used all their reviews and Bess dropped when he gave an absolute dolly catch to mid on.

Liveliest session of the match so far.
Yes caught the review at end of play and at least now I know how to access the highlights after searching high and low yesterday didn’t need em but will do on Monday as I’m not keen on talk sport 2 coverage

at least now I know how to access the highlights after searching high and low yesterday didn’t need em but will do on Monday as I’m not keen on talk sport 2 coverage
How do you do that Bully? I heard them say access via All 4 but they're not on there on the Sky box.

What another Masterpiece from our Joe,absolute CLASS.We let it slip a bit late on but i think England would have settled for this score when they won the toss.Oh well it'll soon be 4am.UTMPB

Well well well Buttler takes a catch behind the wicket and TT says he couldn't catch a cold.:giggle:Very good ball from Archer.UTMPB

Gr8 catch by Jimmy Anderson off Archer's bowling to get rid of Gill.India scoring a lot quicker than England did but they have lost 2 wickets.Come on ENGLAND.UTMPB

I think india are in a rush to get some runs on the board before the pitch starts playing up these 2 could really accelerate the run rate if they get in fascinating session coming up

Glad we got Kholi such a dangerous player
currently in the middle of dying mrs Bs hair came back in just in time to see joe take a stunning catch 4 down things moving along smoothly for england

back to the hair dye 🙄

And now I’m back watching nowts happening again never mind good news for the rest of you it’s nearly time to take the pooch out it should all kick off again then

Don’t take your eyes of this I’m out for the next couple of hrs it all goes off when I’m not watching

someone needs to have a word with pant he thinks he’s playing a one dayer knocking leach all over the park

Well well well Buttler takes a catch behind the wicket and TT says he couldn't catch a cold.:giggle:Very good ball from Archer.UTMPB
If you don't take them then you're David Blunkett.

Now Joe's, that's a proper catch. Hand /eye coordination, quick feet, spring, athleticism- sound familiar????

Just sat down in time to watch archer drop sundar off leach be no more wickets now I’m back

Just sat down in time to watch archer drop sundar off leach be no more wickets now I’m back
Can you take the dog out for the day very early tomorrow?

Must correct my post saying Joe had drawn level with Wally Hammond as scorer of 5 test double hundreds. Apparently Hammond has 7 but, when I looked last week, he had 5!!!

Another couple for Joe, 1st Englishman to go to 200 with a 6

Only Englishman to score 180 plus in 3 consecutive tests.

Just need to find some spinners half as good as him.