England Winter Cricket thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

England Winter Cricket thread

Proper Test cricket being played here - it's all about staying in not getting big runs at this stage

Unscathed at tea- big session coming up.

Excellent day's cricket , tough on Sibley, did a proper opener's job soaking up so many balls.

Joe the Magnificent strides on-albeit with a touch of cramp.

Got to get their heads down tomorrow, no flashy stuff until 500's on the board

Excellent day's cricket , tough on Sibley, did a proper opener's job soaking up so many balls.

Joe the Magnificent strides on-albeit with a touch of cramp.

Got to get their heads down tomorrow, no flashy stuff until 500's on the board

Have no fear TT, old iron gloves will come to the fore..........possibly.......

Have no fear TT, old iron gloves will come to the fore..........possibly.......
That's the big worry RAB, Stokes & Dropalot playing their'natural game' 'cos 'it's the way we play'.

Buttler did look better in SL so needs to carry that on. Stokes- who knows? Not held a bat for months, same with Pope.

The selection policy could well bite us on the backside with Jonny B walking his dog in the snow and Buttler coming home after this test.

Shame sibley couldn’t last the day but we’ve got to be happy with day 1
I was gutted for the fella when he got out,what a effort.I watched it all day apart from the first 15mins and that's why i much prefer Test Cricket to the limited over format.It was slow scoring at times but that's what Test cricket is all about,work hard for your runs and hopefully benefit later.I had to smile when our Joe hit a 6 then couldn't walk cos of cramp,what a player he is.UTMPB

I was gutted for the fella when he got out,what a effort.I watched it all day apart from the first 15mins and that's why i much prefer Test Cricket to the limited over format.It was slow scoring at times but that's what Test cricket is all about,work hard for your runs and hopefully benefit later.I had to smile when our Joe hit a 6 then couldn't walk cos of cramp,what a player he is.UTMPB
Woke up at 4.02 Rod and watched in bed with it being on terrestrial.Got up at tea and sat, fingers and legs crossed, until Joe added another record to his fantastically impressive list.

Was counting the balls down and thought we would have a great day. Sibley looks to have worked on his game, all credit to him but the Australian 13 , 87, did for him.
Re the cramp-here's a video of a NZ player doing the same-but screaming as he plays the shot.

Wise words from the captain in the after match interviews I hope he impresses the need to carry on and put a score on the board to the next 2 in, patience is required

Woke up at 4.02 Rod and watched in bed with it being on terrestrial.Got up at tea and sat, fingers and legs crossed, until Joe added another record to his fantastically impressive list.

Was counting the balls down and thought we would have a great day. Sibley looks to have worked on his game, all credit to him but the Australian 13 , 87, did for him.
Re the cramp-here's a video of a NZ player doing the same-but screaming as he plays the shot.

Isn’t that jack grealish ?

I wish Grealish was playing for us BLADES,very good player,a divin git Yes but he'd be a r8 player in our side and take us to the next level and before anyone starts mouthin i know it'll never happen.UTMPB
Just the sort of cheat I would hate to see anywhere near SUFC Rod.Self entitled fuckwits like him make me sick.

Talent doesn't supercede cheating for me.

If the authorities really wanted to clean up the game then they would amend the laws to allow for retrospective punishments for to be made for such instances.It might be good for the game to use VAR as a positive force for improvement , after all they amend the laws at will to accommodate the vagaries of it these days.

Just the sort of cheat I would hate to see anywhere near SUFC Rod.Self entitled fuckwits like him make me sick.

Talent doesn't supercede cheating for me.

If the authorities really wanted to clean up the game then they would amend the laws to allow for retrospective punishments for to be made for such instances.It might be good for the game to use VAR as a positive force for improvement , after all they amend the laws at will to accommodate the vagaries of it these days.
I agree with retrospective punishment for diving/cheating and if the clowns that run the beautiful game had the gonads to bring it in then the likes of Grealish wouldn't do it but i'd still love to have him or someone has skilful in our side mi owd pal.All Hail Our JOE 150 not out.Nadeem's looking dangerous bowling in to the rough at Stokes last couple of overs.UTMPB

Another good morning for England could have looked so different if Ben hadn’t managed to get some bat on one of the first deliveries he faced but he did and got the bit of luck all batsmen need and he’s now taken the game to their bowlers both of them look well set no more silly quick single calls joe was well short all it needed was a half decent throw we could be looking at a monster score here if they carry on

Always the danger that with stokes but he’s box office would put bums on seats if any were allowed

Always the danger that with stokes but he’s box office would put bums on seats if any were allowed
I think he batted very well especially considering how long he hadn't played for,but yes he does take a few risks.England need to keep going,cos they've been showing how England got 477 in the first innings here in one test and still lost by an innings and 70 odd.The skipper's been gr8 again.UTMPB

Yep nowhere near where we need to be just yet

mind you the fielder nearly put him down if his leg wasn’t bent he’d have floored it

Yep nowhere near where we need to be just yet

mind you the fielder nearly put him down if his leg wasn’t bent he’d have floored it
I'm sat watchin in mi chair and i'm trying to kick the forker out of his hands:giggle: Needless to say it didn't work but at least i tried.UTMPB