England Winter Cricket thread | Vital Football

England Winter Cricket thread

tomytony

Vital Champions League
Good start as England, with Yorkshire's Dom Bess getting 5 for, bowl out Sri Lanka for 135 then Joe and Jonny com bine to put on the record score- 110- for any wicket partnership in Galle.

Joe ,very aptly, on 66 n o overnight and Jonny 47 n o
An early morning for some of us tomorrow.

Good start as England, with Yorkshire's Dom Bess getting 5 for, bowl out Sri Lanka for 135 then Joe and Jonny com bine to put on the record score- 110- for any wicket partnership in Galle.

Joe ,very aptly, on 66 n o overnight and Jonny 47 n o
An early morning for some of us tomorrow.
What time they start UK time TT? UTMPB

I recall you commenting on that at the time- those were the days !!

Yep - was sat in a box with Lamby and Goochy - who were making sure their clients got the best of everything at the expense of the rest of us?!
Went for a walk onto the walls which was fab, but v v hot, so quickly scarpered back to the a/c.

Will go back to Sri Lanka one day - its a fab country.

Yep - was sat in a box with Lamby and Goochy - who were making sure their clients got the best of everything at the expense of the rest of us?!
Went for a walk onto the walls which was fab, but v v hot, so quickly scarpered back to the a/c.

Sounds great Aya, not done SL but, whenever the next England cricket is there I will be looking closely.

Once had dinner with Gooch, Ray East and the then chairman of Essex who was organising a weekend in M'cr for their annual 'do'. We had a good laugh and secured the business so all good.

7.43 and Joe makes it a 3rd century of the week for the Blades.

His 18th as he passes 12,000 career runs in this innings.

Well done Joe

I bet there wasn't any spare sarnies left with Lamby & Goochy there Germaine,similar to if you were ever sat near Bully & Pops,good lord them 2 fella's take some filling,especially Bully the greedy chuff.:LOL: Is your hubby confident for sunday's game? UTMPB

All Hail Our JOE 160 odd not out,what a player this fella is.UTMPB
The records he has will fill a big book one day Rod.Remember he's just 30.
Most 50's of any English batsman ever , highest score of any English player in Sri Lanka just 2 of today's.

Never lost a test match when he's got a 100 so, weather permitting, the omens are good.

The records he has will fill a big book one day Rod.Remember he's just 30.
Most 50's of any English batsman ever , highest score of any English player in Sri Lanka just 2 of today's.

Never lost a test match when he's got a 100 so, weather permitting, the omens are good.
I don't follow Cricket as much as i used too(mainly cos most of the cricket's on Sky) and certainly not as much as you do TT but Our Joe will rightly go down as one of English cricket's Greats when he finishes.He seems such a top bloke as well.UTMPB

I don't follow Cricket as much as i used too(mainly cos most of the cricket's on Sky) and certainly not as much as you do TT but Our Joe will rightly go down as one of English cricket's Greats when he finishes.He seems such a top bloke as well.UTMPB
They were saying today, and Nasty Hussein started it,which surprised me, that he is not selfish enough as a player, never plays for himself, always team first and that his conversion rate from 50's to centuries would be better if he was more self centred but he's a total team man.

I looked at his stats again yesterday and he's always played at the top. He has played 98 tests, 45 as captain and only 158 1st class games in total so he's only ever played 60 4 day games for Yorkshire

All being well, by the end of thsi year, with 16 tests left to play, he'll have been captain of England more times than he's played fpr Yorkshire!

I bet there wasn't any spare sarnies left with Lamby & Goochy there Germaine,similar to if you were ever sat near Bully & Pops,good lord them 2 fella's take some filling,especially Bully the greedy chuff.:LOL: Is your hubby confident for sunday's game? UTMPB

Very true Rod - they nicked everything in sight!
Just asked Mr Spurs if he's confident - and the answer was an outright no :LOL:

Very true Rod - they nicked everything in sight!
Just asked Mr Spurs if he's confident - and the answer was an outright no :LOL:
We need a web cam on you 2 Sunday I bet that would be more entertaining than the game
well done to our joe had a close call early doors but otherwise pretty faultless

We need a web cam on you 2 Sunday I bet that would be more entertaining than the game
well done to our joe had a close call early doors but otherwise pretty faultless

I remember vividly the match last summer - me shouting my head off and Mr S muttering no, no, no at the telly. I felt a bit guilty so sort of apologised but we both knew I didn't mean it. He understood.

Been watching the Spurs documentary All or Nothing all evening - can't believe what a season it was in many ways last year - and seeing regular clips of the table when we were usually above them. Bizarre how times change so quickly :cry:

228 for the Maestro, out slogging as he'd run out of partners.

An absolute master class from Joe, 3rd highest of all time of overseas batsmen in Sri Lanka and 2nd highest score in the list of England cricketers anywhere in Asia ever.
His 4th double hundred for England which ,ATM, is 3rd equal with Sir Len in he list of all England batsmen ever- and he's got a few years left yet.

Last edited:
228 for the Maestro, out slogging as he'd run out of partners.

An absolute master class from Joe, 3rd highest of all time of overseas batsmen in Sri Lanka and 2nd highest score in the list of England cricketers anywhere in Asia ever.
His 4th double hundred for England which ,ATM, is 3rd equal with Sir Len in he list of all England batsmen ever- and he's got a few years left yet.
But apart from all that

whats he ever done for us 🤷‍♂️