England Winter Cricket thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

England Winter Cricket thread

Well they did it before I managed to switch it on sounded like a professional performance from Lawrence and bairstow to see us over the line on we move to Friday and off I move to work 😩

Back up now after a very easy 10 overs this morning and quick scurry back to bed.

Onwards and upwards Joe- only 16 more tests left this year! Enjoy the bubble.

Back up now after a very easy 10 overs this morning and quick scurry back to bed.

Onwards and upwards Joe- only 16 more tests left this year! Enjoy the bubble.

And only 3 days to go til the next one. Plus the golf starts on Thurs as well - some solace amidst the footie gloom

And only 3 days to go til the next one. Plus the golf starts on Thurs as well - some solace amidst the footie gloom
I was watching the dire game between Pool & Manure yesterday Aya and, obviously swayed by our results, but nevertheless as objective as possible , I just wondered whether it's worth it with the football?

It's so turgid, so slow, so lacking in drama or conflict, so sanitised that it's hardly worth watching. Refs get away with murder, players if aanything are even worse cheats, divers, moaners and wimps than anything we ever saw with a crowd.

Some other sports, cricket, even bloody snooker, golf- not that I watch much- can still be competitive & meaningful but the football is like straying into a practise match and wondering why you're there.

I was watching the dire game between Pool & Manure yesterday Aya and, obviously swayed by our results, but nevertheless as objective as possible , I just wondered whether it's worth it with the football?

It's so turgid, so slow, so lacking in drama or conflict, so sanitised that it's hardly worth watching. Refs get away with murder, players if aanything are even worse cheats, divers, moaners and wimps than anything we ever saw with a crowd.

Some other sports, cricket, even bloody snooker, golf- not that I watch much- can still be competitive & meaningful but the football is like straying into a practise match and wondering why you're there.
I see India forked the oz cheats in the final test at the Gabba TT.:LOL: I think it said on the Beeb news it was the first time they'd lost a test matchat the Gabba since 1988.:LOL: UTMPB

I see India forked the oz cheats in the final test at the Gabba TT.:LOL: I think it said on the Beeb news it was the first time they'd lost a test matchat the Gabba since 1988.:LOL: UTMPB
Yes it is. Marvellous result for India and the rest of cricket as Australia continue to prove that cheating is the way they play. All those false tears from Smith et al after the ball tampering in SA and still they carry on.

Remarkably India were weakened by injury and absence and I think the bowling attack only had 13 caps betwwen them before the start- and they were all out for 36 in the 1st innings of the series- what a comeback. We could do with the same!!

Yes it is. Marvellous result for India and the rest of cricket as Australia continue to prove that cheating is the way they play. All those false tears from Smith et al after the ball tampering in SA and still they carry on.

Remarkably India were weakened by injury and absence and I think the bowling attack only had 13 caps between them before the start- and they were all out for 36 in the 1st innings of the series- what a comeback. We could do with the same!!
Fantastic result and AMEN to the comeback and we could with the same comment of yours mi owd pal.UTMPB

Couldn't agree more TT - maybe we are watching more matches at the mo - but so many have been a borefast of tippy tappy keep the ball. The Man U Scousers game was awful - most of the "top" games are now - better to watch teams further down the league for entertainment. Even our game was more interesting.

Our Joe(67 not out) and Jonny recue England who close on 98-2 after losing both openers very cheaply.UTMPB

Our Joe(67 not out) and Jonny recue England who close on 98-2 after losing both openers very cheaply.UTMPB
Joe looked better than he did when getting his double hundred Rod.A mini masterclass so far.

AND- , and it's a very big, landmark AND, -he's now got more Test runs than Sir Geoff

8114 for Sir Geoff and now Joe, with years left, has 8119 to date. Also, that's Joe's 50th 50 in tests.

Come on Jonny get your 50 plus tomorrow because, unbelievably, our 2nd best player of spin bowling is being rested for the 1st 2 tests in India- but, no worries, the openers are going

Well Jonny idn't get ther but Joe,at 06.00 UK time, got his 19th ton for England, the 1st time he's got 100's in successive tests- and , at lunch, he's still there

Just keep going Joe- well worth the early start.

Just missed his ton but seen the highlights of the mornings play everybody eulogising about the root masterclass at lunch

Just missed his ton but seen the highlights of the mornings play everybody eulogising about the root masterclass at lunch
He's looked better than his double ton, playing a different game, on a different pitch, to the rest.
I feel privileged to have seen Joe throughout his career to date, he's one hell of a player and, as I said to a mate when he started, he'll re-write the record books and he's now doing just that.

And he seems such a nice bloke with it, even though he plays the game the proper way, hard but fair.

He's looked better than his double ton, playing a different game, on a different pitch, to the rest.
I feel privileged to have seen Joe throughout his career to date, he's one hell of a player and, as I said to a mate when he started, he'll re-write the record books and he's now doing just that.

And he seems such a nice bloke with it, even though he plays the game the proper way, hard but fair.
It’s not just the fact he hasn’t put a foot wrong but the rate of scoring is almost double that of the average in Sri Lanka

It’s not just the fact he hasn’t put a foot wrong but the rate of scoring is almost double that of the average in Sri Lanka[/QUOTE

He works it around so well.]
If he gets to 130 he passes Pietersen's all time record in tests- fingers crossed.

In all forms combined ,T20 , Test etc, he's second to Cook in the all time list about 720 behind him so he should pass that this year.

They put the list up earlier all time test scorers for england he’s played less games than all those around him including pieterson and with an average of 49 it’s mightily impressive

Umpires call.....what is that all about!? V confusing....thank god for Google 🤯
Unlike VAR, it's recognition that the technology has a degree of uncertainty when predicting where the ball is going exactly so,as it's always been in cricket, the batsman gets the benefit of the doubt