Danny will not panic | Page 2 | Vital Football

Danny will not panic

Tomorrows Headline:
Danny says "I panicked"

Danny Cowley insists he can't be arsed trawling the league for quality players at the right price.

"It's a numbers game for me, as long as I have a full squad of 35 players I'm not really bothered how good they are"

Having signed striker Bruno Andrade and left-back Harry Toffolo, the Lincoln City boss gave up looking hard for any more quality to add to his squad and simply signed any old dross that didn't put up much of a struggle during negotiations."

He has spectacularly solved the striker problem signing Drewe Broughton and Leo Fortune West!

It's hardly surprising or ground breaking stuff that a manager won't sign anyone who he deems isn't better than what you're going to replace.

Speculate to accumulate....
Not expecting us to spend the kind of money Notts County did but surely spending 100/150k on a striker that puts the chances away that we were missing last has got to be worth it?
We only missed out on automatic promotion because we drew a lot of games that we dominated but failed to take the chances as we lacked that goal poacher type forward that would hopefully convert those chances.

Didn't we sort of bid around 150k for Parkin way back when during the KA gardening leave episode/ Ray Trew leaving?
I'm sure Danny will get players in quicker this time, especially forwards after what has happened in the last two windows BUT it does nag away at you after the last two windows....

Yep, that's my concern, can we do that bit of business and get the striker in that will likely make a significant difference, yet still be very prudent at the same time? I think to do so we may have to loosen the purse strings a little more, might have to be down the loan route.

Tomorrows Headline:
Danny says "I panicked"

Danny Cowley insists he can't be arsed trawling the league for quality players at the right price.

"It's a numbers game for me, as long as I have a full squad of 35 players I'm not really bothered how good they are"

Having signed striker Bruno Andrade and left-back Harry Toffolo, the Lincoln City boss gave up looking hard for any more quality to add to his squad and simply signed any old dross that didn't put up much of a struggle during negotiations."

Or Danny Cowley blew all his budget on a prima donna striker who was on much much higher wages than the rest of the squad and had a poor attitude. This really pissed everyone off in a dressing room and the togetherness and harmony that he had worked so hard for was destroyed in matter of weeks.

But heyho we had a striker who scored 25 goals we just finished in mid table because everyone hated him and couldn't be arsed!

I completely trust Danny on this and why shouldn't we! He and Nicky have brought us the best two seasons of our LCFC supporting lives and I think there is more to come!

It's hardly surprising or ground breaking stuff that a manager won't sign anyone who he deems isn't better than what you're going to replace.
Trouble is the squad size has diminished quite alot already and may go down 2 more!

If we are going down the loan route for a quality striker (e.g. the lad from Charlton that was at Crawley last season) then it will more likely be announced later.

As far as signing certain strikers e.g (Lyle Taylor) they are still contracted to their teams until the 30th June, so it's a matter of waiting and being patient.
But we as fans don't know if DC has already agreed anything with any of these strikers & agents & teams, but can't announce it until after the 30th of June.

If we are going down the loan route for a quality striker (e.g. the lad from Charlton that was at Crawley last season) then it will more likely be announced later.
We were after him in January but Crawley got him (Aherne-Grant), old pals act but Robinson isn't at Charlton now.
Another one we are meant to be after...

Yep, that's my concern, can we do that bit of business and get the striker in that will likely make a significant difference, yet still be very prudent at the same time? I think to do so we may have to loosen the purse strings a little more, might have to be down the loan route.
Strikers are a different breed in the sense that their starting points £££ wise are probably higher than other positions at their lowest.

If you can afford to go in like Notts County and spend £250k on two strikers, whilst also paying the wages, signings on fees and agent fees that come with that price tag (bearing in mind Hemmings was on £6k a week at Oxford, too...) then fair enough.

Strikers are a different breed in the sense that their starting points £££ wise are probably higher than other positions at their lowest.

If you can afford to go in like Notts County and spend £250k on two strikers, whilst also paying the wages, signings on fees and agent fees that come with that price tag (bearing in mind Hemmings was on £6k a week at Oxford, too...) then fair enough.

Yep, obviously Notts are going for it and that gamble may well pay off for them by getting promotion. At what cost though I have no idea as they seem to be accruing debt daily.

I am not advocating us going mad and getting into financial problems, we may have to speculate to accumulate a little more as Davidimp says to get this striker in. I agree that forwards, and good quality ones go at a premium price, it's whether we have the means to do this without harming the club indefinitely.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks on the transfer front here that's for sure,

I'm not sure Danny will be after a 'pure striker' given their likely wage demands.... A lot of our goals have come from the midfield and the back four recently and a player who can see his chances coming and take them will complete our attack force nicely.

When do fixtures come out? For me that’s The 1st sign of the new season and would like to see most the team ready.
Also we can announce signings before their contracts are up. From June 1st we can approach them. And therefore announce.