Danny will not panic | Page 6 | Vital Football

Danny will not panic

Danny's already on the record talking about an evolution in our style (sorry no idea where or when but I didn't dream it). I'm not saying well play total football but I'm absolutely convinced we'll aim to be more balanced and possession based.

There is no doubt at all that the stye is set to change. Look at the squad changes already this year- ball-players Frecklington and Pett arrived during January, skilful Andrade and attacking left back Toffolo this window so far. If the intention is to continue to be direct, Danny is getting his signings totally wrong.

Currently DC`S win percentage over the last 2 seasons is very high in comparison to most managers,so why would you change a successful model.
record reads :win rate 54.3% draws 26% and losses 19.5%
I dream of us playing like Spain did last night but then i remember we are playing 4th division football.

We have one of the best motivators of men as our manager and we have already achieved miracles with the players at his disposal.

Currently DC`S win percentage over the last 2 seasons is very high in comparison to most managers,so why would you change a successful model.
record reads :win rate 54.3% draws 26% and losses 19.5%
I dream of us playing like Spain did last night but then i remember we are playing 4th division football.

We have one of the best motivators of men as our manager and we have already achieved miracles with the players at his disposal.

I imagine Danny's success is down to many factors but high up on the list must be adopting a style the squad is suited to (so the win rate isn't the result of style alone). As Scotimp rightly says, he's getting his signings all wrong if the style isn't going to change.

I for one am very optimistic about next season. I believe Danny will have plenty of plans for potential recruits. The two signings he has made are excellent signings and he hasn't panicked by signing just anybody who agents are pointing towards Lincoln.
What he has done has been to be ruthless and unsentimental and move players on who have reached their best level with us and can't push beyond.
Obviously with the exception of Woodyard, who I think was going to move upwards whatever eventually.
All the players that have left have done great things for us and deserve a huge thankyou from us all. But to progress upwards you need to always look to improve your squad.
I predict we will have some more excellent signings over the next few weeks and we could even see more players leaving to make way for these signings.
Trust in Danny he hasn't let us down once yet.

The 2 new signings Harry Toff and Andrade reflect major gaps positionally that needed filling as players departed and do not reflect in my opinion a presumed change in the method of play as some assume.
Signing 1 :Andrade a wideman brought in to give width when we had lost 4 widemen......... Arnold,Stewart,Williams,Rowe and the only other wideman H has lost his mojo. Good move DC.(i feel more wingers will arrive)
Signing 2: Harry toff brought in to fill a severe deficiency on the left and to give balance and cover for Habergham who spent the whole season with hardly a cover playing in front of him,thus exposed too often.
DC discussed this leftside shortfall in an audiboom earlier and some of the bright lads on here like NLONDONIMP have been shouting about left sided investment in the side for a very long time but with the window re opened it`s getting sorted.
To me 2 signings fixing squad composition shortfalls

Let`s take stock of DC`S success here so far all playing"on method").......
promotion back to the league,quarter final of facup,Wembley Checkatrade trophy win,playoffs position.
Why would any manager in his right mind turn around and dump a successful playing model (league win ratio 54.3%)

i have yet to hear the interview where DC says to Hortin: "Michael i have a confession to make, big changes are afoot, old methods we used over the last two seasons when we had loads of success have just been flushed down the khazi ,me and Nick have had a" David Icke" moment it`s all changing here at LCFC.

Hortin (in shock) seriously DC i`m saddened to hear that?

DC in reply:Michael , i`m only spoofing you, why would i interfere with a winning formula,,we will be back" on method" and even more successfull.
Champage corks pop all over studio...Hortin bursts into tears!

Can`t wait for the transit load of new lads to arrive(no panic we can currently still put up a decent starting 11) and one of the first DC interviews will mention "the new guys on method" asap.

Jose,Big Alex ,DC ,Pep none of them have a history of changing successful winning strategies.
....still we are all entitled to our humble opinions.

Last edited:
You have to evolve and Danny has talked about this. New signings will improve the first team and not necessarily direct replacements of someone else - Pett for Whitehouse for example. This means method has to adapt to maximise the abilities of the players you have. This is why Danny is successful - he has assessed, knows what he needs and will evolve.

Jose,Big Alex ,DC ,Pep none of them have a history of changing successful winning strategies.
....still we are all entitled to our humble opinions.
Whilst that isn't wrong all those managers can afford to buy players that fit the style they want, with DC there has to be a certain pragmatism to play a style that suits the squad he can buy.