Danny will not panic | Page 5 | Vital Football

Danny will not panic

Skip155 , i agree with you and we are probably in a position financially to fund a £100k striker and there are various ways to support that expenditure without any impact to overall finances,you just need to be a little creative.
eg:DC does the deal(£100k notionally) press conference post signing,asks if the supporter would like to fund that deal,done before at LCFC.
6000 Season ticket holders each stump up £16 job done,a type of Helgy creative process
even if only 50% of fans took the option up it would be a positive move.

ps............. just off to get my chequebook!

We were not awash with cash two seasons ago, when we paid money for raggett. This is the process we are looking for... use the manager’s eye, and our limited funds to get a ‘stockley’ type player in. Get a decent number of games out of them to help us on our way. create a profitable asset.

You would imagine with the funds available we could spend around our record transfer fee or higher if the right striker is found. Might mean getting him on a free with a large signing on fee if they are out of contract, (think that's how we got Green).

Skip155 , i agree with you and we are probably in a position financially to fund a £100k striker and there are various ways to support that expenditure without any impact to overall finances,you just need to be a little creative.
eg:DC does the deal(£100k notionally) press conference post signing,asks if the supporter would like to fund that deal,done before at LCFC.
6000 Season ticket holders each stump up £16 job done,a type of Helgy creative process
even if only 50% of fans took the option up it would be a positive move.

ps............. just off to get my chequebook!
Im sorry we are in a healthy state financial and i disagree with asking the supporter every time especially after a 12% price rise on season tkts!(though i agree alot will stump up) surely its ask the sponsors time if necessary to ask anyone! Record season tkt sales means the supporters have done there bit imo! So new shirt sponsors/sponsors in general/Sportsvest(though £275k has gone into the club recently) etc etc

Im sorry we are in a healthy state financial and i disagree with asking the supporter every time especially after a 12% price rise on season tkts!(though i agree alot will stump up) surely its ask the sponsors time if necessary to ask anyone! Record season tkt sales means the supporters have done there bit imo! So new shirt sponsors/sponsors in general/Sportsvest(though £275k has gone into the club recently) etc etc

I agree. Hardly the time to get the begging bowl out...

The FPS is an innovative and fair way of raising funds. I understand that many of us have subscribed to make it successful and it should go some way towards a signing on fee for one of our targets.

The FPS is an innovative and fair way of raising funds. I understand that many of us have subscribed to make it successful and it should go some way towards a signing on fee for one of our targets.

That’s what it’s intended for , also dont think there is any harm in raising some extra funds don’t think Danny and Nicky would mind a few extra thousand.

I don’t get the begging bowl angle I look on it as contributing to our success.

There is the FPS £10 a year , various selling of Imps goods, easy fund raising, we have been years ahead of others in selling items.

Should do an Imp vestment in a striker fund.
(Only joking)

Will total up the numbers in the fps next week

That’s what it’s intended for , also dont think there is any harm in raising some extra funds don’t think Danny and Nicky would mind a few extra thousand.

I don’t get the begging bowl angle I look on it as contributing to our success.

There is the FPS £10 a year , various selling of Imps goods, easy fund raising, we have been years ahead of others in selling items.

Should do an Imp vestment in a striker fund.
(Only joking)

Will total up the numbers in the fps next week

Has the fundraising started yet for Bobby Dorrian`s lifesize bronze statues one destined for the Stonebow and the second to be placed outside the clubshop? awaiting updates!

With the Exit door fully open and the Entry door only being opened twice, I have decided to dust off my neck brace, last used in earnest under the John Beck years. Preparing myself for another season of Route One. ?

With the Exit door fully open and the Entry door only being opened twice, I have decided to dust off my neck brace, last used in earnest under the John Beck years. Preparing myself for another season of Route One. ?

Why?

I think us playing a bit more football is probably more likely actually. We shall see.

I just don’t believe the Cowleys would have signed new deals without a competitive budget that’s up on last years. So not panicking at all, but expecting a few quality signings.

Andrade and Toffolo are not hoofsters. Whoever comes in for Alex will not be a hoofster. Pett will be playing more of a role this season; not a hoofster. Expect us to be less direct or certainly mix it up this year on a decent home playing surface otherwise why invest in that and the type of players we appear to be targeting.

Last edited:
My view is that the style and method of play will not change next season..the only trouble is last year we were playing with 12 men(woodyard gone) and now we will be down to 11 men.(worrying)
We start at a disadvantage and DC/NC will have to work miracles to replace him..........as difficult as gaining a 4th striker or finding a replacement for a Raggett,maybe harder.
DC`S protege and the fulcrum of the side gone.(for peanuts) and we are gonna have to pull rabbits out of hats to get a player anyway near his quality.
(without the ball you don`t play)

At least we are not potless like in previous years and some potential signings will be influenced by playing at the theatre of dreams.

Look back in the Cowley`s history and their style is not of the expansive nature but forget that because their success record is up there with the best.
Give me a win on a Saturday any way it comes.......no complaints from me.