#COVID19 | Page 420 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Thanks for explaining what a MRA is lol genuinely don't know if you're obfuscating or don't understand the distinction.

So the short answer is none.

The long answer is a MRA is not a trade deal, it merely deals with one aspect of regulatory barriers – those created by duplication of testing and certification. It also is extremely limited by sector, for instance it's virtually impossible in the petrochemical or pharmaceutical sectors.

I added them at the end, but you asked for a list of trade deals and I provided them; a thank you would had sufficed.
You're welcome.

So the short answer is none.

Except these, obvz...

Agreements with the following countries and trading blocs will take effect when the UK leaves the EU:

Andean countries
CARIFORUM trade bloc
Central America
Chile
Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) trade bloc
Faroe Islands
Georgia
Iceland and Norway
Israel
Jordan
Kosovo
Lebanon
Liechtenstein
Morocco
Pacific states
Palestinian Authority (That'll please a few)
Southern Africa Customs Union and Mozambique (SACUM) trade bloc
South Korea
Switzerland
Tunisia

Obfuscation it was.

It's pretty clear, not sure if you are being thick or deliberately ignoring the "trade deals we have in place" question you asked.

I have posted the "trade deals we have in place" as you asked.

Here they are again for the third time, if you missed them twice already...

Trade agreements that have been signed...

Andean countries
CARIFORUM trade bloc
Central America
Chile
Faroe Islands
Georgia
Iceland and Norway
Israel
Jordan
Kosovo
Lebanon
Liechtenstein
Morocco
Pacific states
South Korea
Switzerland
Tunisia

It's pretty clear, not sure if you are being thick or deliberately ignoring the "trade deals we have in place" question you asked.

Andean countries
CARIFORUM trade bloc
Central America
Chile
Faroe Islands
Georgia
Iceland and Norway
Israel
Jordan
Kosovo
Lebanon
Liechtenstein
Morocco
Pacific states
South Korea
Switzerland
Tunisia

OK, I take it back, it was stupidity.

These are simply EU deals that are rolling over, they are not new trade deals and btw they represent about 8% of our trade. We haven't negotiated a single new deal to replace those we are losing.

OK, I take it back, it was stupidity.

These are simply EU deals that are rolling over, they are not new trade deals and btw they represent about 8% of our trade. We haven't negotiated a single new deal to replace those we are losing.

It's OK. There was no comment from me about their value, just that they had been signed/negotiated.
That is a different topic which will be best covered later, but there are encouraging noises coming out of Brussels today and I am confident, in spite of how thunderingly disappointing Boris has been, that we will come away with a deal.

It's OK. There was no comment from me about their value, just that they had been signed/negotiated.
That is a different topic which will be best covered later, but there are encouraging noises coming out of Brussels today and I am confident, in spite of how thunderingly disappointing Boris has been, that we will come away with a deal.

I was a bit mean, apologies but my point remains: so far all we've done is replicated 8% of our existing trade agreements and the promised new deals seem a little thin on the ground...

The Tory party once represented those with a focus on the economy, I find it utterly bizarre they've abandoned that core principle of wealth creation.

I'm just wondering why you needed to add "probably" here? It introduces unnecessary doubt and conveys the idea that you are only reluctantly conceding the point.

There has been so much mask scepticism, why do we think masks even exist?

I'm not arguing against wearing masks. I'm just pointing out that people look at the simplistic view that it acts as a barrier. Most of us have no scientific knowledge though. The reality is that WHO have taken about five months to come up with what they now say, which is that masks should be worn. I would say current evidence is about 60/40 that they are beneficial. Like many things in science it's not clearcut.

This is a self test that I've come across.
Take a dram of your favourite whiskey, if you can smell it take another.
If you can taste it and also smell it you're probably free of the virus since losing the senses of smell and taste are signs that you are suffering from Covid.

I checked myself 7 times last night but unfortunately I've woken up with a nasty throbbing headache so I've got to do it all again.

Do you think any last minute trade deal with the EU will be the same, better, or worse than the current one?

That does have the feint whiff of a loaded question, as they are all subjective as to what is important.

For many who vehemently wanted to remain in the EU, it was all about the economy and/or FoM; which was quite the ironic spiral when the very same people were demanding we closed the borders and locked down early, ignoring any economic issues this may cause.

I believe it will be better in some ways and worse in others; in other ways it will be the same. There, I am pulling the splinters out my ‘arris as I type.

That does have the feint whiff of a loaded question, as they are all subjective as to what is important.

For many who vehemently wanted to remain in the EU, it was all about the economy and/or FoM; which was quite the ironic spiral when the very same people were demanding we closed the borders and locked down early, ignoring any economic issues this may cause.

I believe it will be better in some ways and worse in others; in other ways it will be the same. There, I am pulling the splinters out my ‘arris as I type.
Not many were ignoring the economic issues. We locked down late and not as comprehensively as many other countries. Then we opened up quite early.
A late lockdown makes things worse economically because the epidemic is worse and longer lasting. Our economic hit is about twice as bad as the EU average.
The only thing I will ever agree with Farage on is our shared incredulity that our borders were open for so long to unchecked incoming flights from the worst affected areas. Still, at least we're checking now...
Out of the park :thumbup:

Andean countries
CARIFORUM trade bloc
Central America
Chile
Faroe Islands
Georgia
Iceland and Norway
Israel
Jordan
Kosovo
Lebanon
Liechtenstein
Morocco
Pacific states
South Korea
Switzerland
Tunisia

That is some rich pickings in that group

That is about our level though or how the world perceives us