#COVID19 | Page 421 | Vital Football

#COVID19

Except these, obvz...

Agreements with the following countries and trading blocs will take effect when the UK leaves the EU:

Andean countries
CARIFORUM trade bloc
Central America
Chile
Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) trade bloc
Faroe Islands
Georgia
Iceland and Norway
Israel
Jordan
Kosovo
Lebanon
Liechtenstein
Morocco
Pacific states
Palestinian Authority (That'll please a few)
Southern Africa Customs Union and Mozambique (SACUM) trade bloc
South Korea
Switzerland
Tunisia

You can immediately write off half of those countries for export as they simply cannot afford 'Made in Britain' in any discernible quantity.

Not many were ignoring the economic issues. We locked down late and not as comprehensively as many other countries. Then we opened up quite early.
A late lockdown makes things worse economically because the epidemic is worse and longer lasting. Our economic hit is about twice as bad as the EU average.
The only thing I will ever agree with Farage on is our shared incredulity that our borders were open for so long to unchecked incoming flights from the worst affected areas. Still, at least we're checking now...
Out of the park :thumbup:

What do you mean when you say our economic hit was twice as bad ? Are you simply comparing Q1 with Q2 ? Most of the EU countries locked down earlier in Q1 , which hit both quarters more. We locked down later in Q1, meaning there wasn't such a big reduction in Q1 , which makes the effect of Q2 worse. We also have more services, involving personal contact which doesn't help.

The reductions in the economy so far have been the effect of lockdown. The more important effect is the longer term of how we come out of it. Unfortunately that could go any way at the moment.

FLU has killed more people in the UK than COVID-19 for eight weeks in a row.

Almost seven times as many people are now dying of influenza or pneumonia than COVID-19 - ONS.

FLU has killed more people in the UK than COVID-19 for eight weeks in a row.

Almost seven times as many people are now dying of influenza or pneumonia than COVID-19 - ONS.

You are not allowed to put facts like this on this site. When I suggested this was likely back in April I was called crass. Never let facts get in the way.

The UK must be getting our share of the Flu, it's just been confirmed that our count is 10% of last years total. Don't know where the other 90% has gone. I wonder whether the wearing of masks for Covid has any bearing on it?
Serious question.