Coronavirus tipping point | Page 27 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

However, the thought of people on the streets with no money in their pockets and hungry is more frightening than a Government with a fiscal problem (I know it amounts to the same thing is some ways).
The whole thing in the UK is frightening. We are going through perhaps the most difficult few years since the fifties or sixties by choice.Now this with a significant number of the population only interested in number one.I dread to think what next .Whatever it is this country is in the $#!+.

Northern Line jam packed this morning between 07.00 hrs - 09.00hrs. Essential workers, NO, mostly builders which you can understand. Most are probably self employed, so are trying to earn a few bob before total shut down. It's wrong I know, but sadly understandable. Has Johnson said anything about how the 5m self employed are going to be helped yet?
Well said Rotherhithe, not sorting financial help for the 5m self employed could backfire on the government, they will have to work infected or not.

Until 8.30 tonight.

The sad thing is the British public cannot or do not use their brains and have a general it will never happen to me attitude. No-one that went to Whitstable at the weekend thought anyone else would have the same idea, therefore social distancing would be difficult and impossible, but still they went. Sadly we are a country full of idiots, some of whom can't make simple sensible decisions and others who are to selfish to be told what to do.

This is not about me or my kids, this is about the health of and the difference between life and death of our elderly and at risk, someone everyone of us will know.

Sad that some people don't have the brainpower or conscience to realise that and do not only the simple thing but the right thing.

It really shouldn't be difficult FFS.
Well put thank you.

. No-one that went to Whitstable at the weekend thought anyone else would have the same idea, therefore social distancing would be difficult and impossible, but still they went.

And Snowdon has record numbers of visitors too as part of the same phenomenon. My family ventured out too and had plenty of space to ourselves never getting within 5m of anyone else. However if we’d turned up to our location and this was not possible we would have simply turned round and gone somewhere else or home.

Now this with a significant number of the population only interested in number one.I dread to think what next .Whatever it is this country is in the $#!+.

It it's anything like here in Spain , 90% of the folk are policing themselves pretty much.
This leaves the authories to concentrate on the 10% that think they know better.
I wouldn't be surprised to see some civil disorder , as there are people or communities who hate our police and will use the opportunity to cause trouble.

Well said Rotherhithe, not sorting financial help for the 5m self employed could backfire on the government, they will have to work infected or not.
Bit of controversy here. I have great sympathy for most self employed. However, there are some that have been "self employed" being regular workers for a firm as a tax fiddle. A few years ago my missus was offered "self employed" status as a lecturer in a local college that would mean the college and she could work a tax fiddle and both be better off.

She refused and chose to be a proper employee (and be worse off).

Now the same "self employed" want the taxpayer to bail them out having deliberately dogded paying in. #uck them. Serves them right. Karma.

Obviously there are many genuine self employed who should be bailed out.

Bit of controversy here. I have great sympathy for most self employed. However, there are some that have been "self employed" being regular workers for a firm as a tax fiddle.
Agreed they've saved billions collectively by avoiding NI contributions and getting tax breaks when they were clearly employees - no sympathy.
A few years ago my missus was offered "self employed" status as a lecturer in a local college that would mean the college and she could work a tax fiddle and both be better off.

She refused and chose to be a proper employee (and be worse off).
Well done - I wish there were more people like her
Now the same "self employed" want the taxpayer to bail them out having deliberately dogded paying in. #uck them. Serves them right. Karma.

Obviously there are many genuine self employed who should be bailed out.
When I was self-employed I was billing £120,000 a year - take out travel and living costs when abroad and I was on about £40 - £50 k. out of that I paid tax, NI and bleeding Class 4 NI but all was fine. No tax 'losses' or other fiddles

We'll see if these measures work. Panic buying and mass picnicking has probably led to hundreds, more like thousands, more infections. Deaths in the UK have increased six-fold in one week so it won't be long before medical facilities start to get rammed. Italy after introducing more drastic measures has seen a fall in the rate of reported infections two days running. At present, we're showing the same rate of increase as Italy but two weeks behind. Boris gives it three weeks, which makes sense as results of the restrictions wont start to show until after the incubation period.

Too many people refused to take this thing seriously causing faster spread. How sad that we live in a world where we have to be forced to take action that will protect the lives of strangers and loved ones.
Boris will put in a full lockdown before the weekend then all those same selfish twats will be bleating about civil liberties and freedom of movement.

Too many people refused to take this thing seriously causing faster spread. How sad that we live in a world where we have to be forced to take action that will protect the lives of strangers and loved ones.
Boris will put in a full lockdown before the weekend then all those same selfish twats will be bleating about civil liberties and freedom of movement.

Do you think your duties will remain the same Nobby ?
When the streets are empty, will tourist attractions etc have the same policing if it's not needed ?

Do you think your duties will remain the same Nobby ?
When the streets are empty, will tourist attractions etc have the same policing if it's not needed ?
Maybe not but my duties will be exactly the same. We protect parliament and "other" political and diplomatic sites. The threat from terrorism etc is still the same. The lads and lasses on borough response teams will be dealing with "dispersal of gatherings" because people will still choose to ignore advice from the experts 🙄

Maybe not but my duties will be exactly the same. We protect parliament and "other" political and diplomatic sites. The threat from terrorism etc is still the same. The lads and lasses on borough response teams will be dealing with "dispersal of gatherings" because people will still choose to ignore advice from the experts 🙄
I just wish you and your colleagues good luck and good health.

Cheers mate, dropping like flies at the moment, 60 off sick on our command last count. No plans for the military to join us just yet though.
Let's hope the 60 are back soon , supporting you. They haven't called up the extra-longterm , old-timers reserve yet , so you won't be seeing me or Dad's Army anytime soon.
Even though thousands of us are itching to join in to serve once again.

Let's hope the 60 are back soon , supporting you. They haven't called up the extra-longterm , old-timers reserve yet , so you won't be seeing me or Dad's Army anytime soon.
Even though thousands of us are itching to join in to serve once again.
They'll probably have you delivering bog roll under tight security. No job for the faint hearted 😉
Stay safe mate

Boris has put the new measures in place for three weeks but, given the propensity of a significant minority in the UK to ignore the rules, I can see him tightening the restrictions even further.