Coronavirus tipping point | Page 29 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

Johnson needs to do the lockdown now, not sometime in the future. Does he not realize (I'm sure he does) it does not matter how badly the economy tanks in the short term it can be revived, if you die, sorry no coming back.

If necessary, pay the self employed a basic living allowance, and increase the level of benefits to those unemployed, so that everyone has enough money to get food (eg; no need for looting) and close down the non essential parts of the construction industry, and enforce a lockdown on none essential travel.

I think Khan has/is closing the construction projects in London that he's responsible for and is advocating a much strong course of action.

Johnson needs to do the lockdown now, not sometime in the future. Does he not realize (I'm sure he does) it does not matter how badly the economy tanks in the short term it can be revived, if you die, sorry no coming back.

If necessary, pay the self employed a basic living allowance, and increase the level of benefits to those unemployed, so that everyone has enough money to get food (eg; no need for looting) and close down the non essential parts of the construction industry, and enforce a lockdown on none essential travel.

I think Khan has/is closing the construction projects in London that he's responsible for and is advocating a much strong course of action.

If you 'lockdown' how are you going to get food?
Lockdown means only emergency workers allowed out.

Just hearing on the news that a 'lockdown' is merely suppressing the pandemic, but following South Korea's action, to carry out 'mass' testing. Their method had consecutively halved the numbers and virtually eliminated the deaths.
We still appear to find it impossible to get any more than about 'half a dozen' testing kits.

If you 'lockdown' how are you going to get food?
Lockdown means only emergency workers allowed out.
In Italy lockdown means you basically can't go more than a kilometre from your house, ie enough to get you to a food shop/supermarket. As a result of this, yesterday was the third day the rate of reported infection slowed. What helps in Italy and other places is that there is little or no panic buying. There's no telling the damage that was done by hundreds of families queuing at supermarkets as they did here at the weekend.

Just hearing on the news that a 'lockdown' is merely suppressing the pandemic, but following South Korea's action, to carry out 'mass' testing. Their method had consecutively halved the numbers and virtually eliminated the deaths.
We still appear to find it impossible to get any more than about 'half a dozen' testing kits.
Testing doesn't solve anything on its own. Those identified as positive along with their families need to be properly isolated, which is anathema to many, and more serious cases hospitalised but soon we'll run out of beds. In South Korea and Taiwan, people respected the lockdowns and Italy was the same after a sluggish start. Here, many are still asking about ways to circumvent the stay-at-home policy rather than accept it.

I'll have some of whatever Trump is on - we'll be through it by Easter with the economy in full swing again
Trump's latest muttering as he ignores the threat of coronavirus "Easter is a very special day for me... and you'll have packed churches all over our country."

Trump's latest muttering as he ignores the threat of coronavirus "Easter is a very special day for me... and you'll have packed churches all over our country."

What Trump actually said was

"I would love to have the country opened up and just rearing to go by Easter. Easter is a very special day for me... and you'll have packed churches all over our country."

Hoping it would be over by Easter is not the same as implied by the left wing press that Trump believes it will be. Adding in the prior line that you conveniently didn't quote changes the whole tone of his comment.

"I would love to have the country opened up and just rearing to go by Easter. Easter is a very special day for me... and you'll have packed churches all over our country."

Hoping it would be over by Easter is not the same as implied by the left wing press that Trump believes it will be. Adding in the prior line that you conveniently didn't quote changes the whole tone of his comment.
I fucking know exactly what Trump said; I merely quoted one of his uttering while he is in denial. On the same platform, one of the White House coronavirus team members spelt out the severity of disease. And for the record, it's irrelevant whether Trump believes what he says but it is totally irresponsible to make such statements that fly in the face of what his own experts are saying.

One day perhaps you will start a thread instead of smug sniping at others.

Wow
I fucking know exactly what Trump said; I merely quoted one of his uttering while he is in denial. On the same platform, one of the White House coronavirus team members spelt out the severity of disease. And for the record, it's irrelevant whether Trump believes what he says but it is totally irresponsible to make such statements that fly in the face of what his own experts are saying.

One day perhaps you will start a thread instead of smug sniping at others.

Wow
Pot kettle and black 😂

You do seem a little obsessed with what Trump says WK.
He’s either a clown who should be ignored or the leader of the free world?

I don’t listen to a word he says personally and couldn’t give a flying fig about his opinion, but if you insist on posting, at least try and put the truth

It doesn't
It does actually.

The press (and WK) love to take a statement, jiggle it about a bit to suit their agenda, then print.

Perfect example - Johnson promises the NHS £350 million a week after Brexit.
It says so on the side of a bus.

Actual fact of what it said- The Uk sends £350 million a week to the EU - let’s spend it on the NHS instead.

So , to my mind, that’s a suggestion not a promise.

Now we all know that £350 a week is rubbish but the point was made and discussed

I'll have some of whatever Trump is on - we'll be through it by Easter with the economy in full swing again
His ratings have

one up. 55% approve of how he is handling it. I can only assume that large swathes of the population thrive on a positive message that things are great and all will be fine very soon, no big problem. That's the message he has given all along. They are doing great under him.

If/when it goes tits up I wonder what he will say then. I suppose he has foreigners he can blame and they'll buy that too.

Shockingly irresponsible.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry about it.

It does actually.

The press (and WK) love to take a statement, jiggle it about a bit to suit their agenda, then print.

Perfect example - Johnson promises the NHS £350 million a week after Brexit.
It says so on the side of a bus.

Actual fact of what it said- The Uk sends £350 million a week to the EU - let’s spend it on the NHS instead.

So , to my mind, that’s a suggestion not a promise.

Now we all know that £350 a week is rubbish but the point was made and discussed
Semantics really. Wasn't a manifesto "promise" (Leave were deliberately vague), but a pretty clear sign of intention.

When this crisis settles down and Brexit is finally sorted, I'd be interested to see what we actually do with our so called dividend.

If it isn't over then it would be ludicrous to have packed churches. You don't have to be a "leftie" to think that, surely.