Coronavirus tipping point | Page 28 | Vital Football

Coronavirus tipping point

Shut all shops that aren't supermarkets.
Corner shops do not have enough space to keep correct distances. Numbers entering supermarkets can be controlled easier.

Don't agree - the corner shop owner simply needs a rule of no more than two people in the shop at any one time. The others wait outside. Of course this needs the cooperation of the public . Whilst we might all think that this is unlikely I did see it happening yesterday - people queuing and practising social distancing. I was surprised.

The most congested places I have been to recently : works restaurant (now closed) and ASDA - rammed. My local coop (part of a petrol station) is much quieter and still has a decent range.

I am glad Bojo is still letting us out to exercise though. Went for a 10K walk/run (mainly walk) along the dyke between Borstal and Wouldham last night. Saw one or two people doing the same. It did wonders from my mental and physical well being.

Too many people refused to take this thing seriously causing faster spread. How sad that we live in a world where we have to be forced to take action that will protect the lives of strangers and loved ones.
Boris will put in a full lockdown before the weekend then all those same selfish twats will be bleating about civil liberties and freedom of movement.
I agree with the sentiment and I don’t think I'd fancy being a police officer the next few months, but playing devil's advocate, not everyone has a guaranteed, secure income. Society can't just stop, blue collar workers will still néed to go to factories and mend roads, and hairdressers / gym staff etc are still going to need to buy food.

I am one of the lucky ones, with a secure income and a job I can do from home, but some people will have to go out and work, either now or soon.

I agree with the sentiment and I don’t think I'd fancy being a police officer the next few months, but playing devil's advocate, not everyone has a guaranteed, secure income. Society can't just stop, blue collar workers will still néed to go to factories and mend roads, and hairdressers / gym staff etc are still going to need to buy food.

I am one of the lucky ones, with a secure income and a job I can do from home, but some people will have to go out and work, either now or soon.
It was aimed mainly at the 1000s of idiots on southend sea front on Sunday and the families taking days out, by train, in London. Hardly essential and basically putting their loved ones and others in danger

Don't agree - the corner shop owner simply needs a rule of no more than two people in the shop at any one time. The others wait outside. Of course this needs the cooperation of the public . Whilst we might all think that this is unlikely I did see it happening yesterday - people queuing and practising social distancing. I was surprised.

The most congested places I have been to recently : works restaurant (now closed) and ASDA - rammed. My local coop (part of a petrol station) is much quieter and still has a decent range.

I am glad Bojo is still letting us out to exercise though. Went for a 10K walk/run (mainly walk) along the dyke between Borstal and Wouldham last night. Saw one or two people doing the same. It did wonders from my mental and physical well being.

exercise is essential to my wellbeing, leaves me feeling full of energy and ready to tackle the day ahead

In UK we're now starting to see the sharp exponential, yes exponential, rise in reported cases and those struck more severely or worse by the virus. And yet on various Q & A sessions, people are mainly asking how they can circumvent the stay at home rules. Next step will be the promised legislation to enforce the rules.

In UK we're now starting to see the sharp exponential, yes exponential, rise in reported cases and those struck more severely or worse by the virus. And yet on various Q & A sessions, people are mainly asking how they can circumvent the stay at home rules. Next step will be the promised legislation to enforce the rules.
Thursday they reckon then the crying will really start.
Shame the people you mention aren't asking "what else can I do to help stop the spread?"
I sometimes wonder if our species even deserves to survive this. I keep expecting Klaatu to appear and tell us it's all over.

Thursday they reckon then the crying will really start.
Shame the people you mention aren't asking "what else can I do to help stop the spread?"
I sometimes wonder if our species even deserves to survive this. I keep expecting Klaatu to appear and tell us it's all over.

Thursday it becomes law ?
I only ask , as I haven't managed to find out.
Like mentioned before , that should be 'interesting' .

Thursday it becomes law ?
I only ask , as I haven't managed to find out.
Like mentioned before , that should be 'interesting' .
Not 100% sure but I've heard that's when they're hoping to get emergency legislation through.
I assume they will just broaden existing laws that are already enforceable under the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Bill although this is specifically for, as the name suggests, anti social behaviour.
My own theory is that once this and the self employed worker's aid is in place, theres nothing stopping a proper full lockdown, as people are so keen to call it.

As an aside, my daughter has now been advised to return home from Spain and is due to be on a flight on Thursday. She has mixed feelings. Glad to be coming home but feels she is, in effect, stepping back a week or two as she has already "served" nearly two weeks and will get back just in time to start all over again 😥