Coronavirus issues | Page 4 | Vital Football

Coronavirus issues

It's escalating.

In other news, and I know it's bleeding obvious, but Donald Trump is an absolute xenophobic tosser who is clearly out of his depth. "Foreign virus" FFS. He has moved out of his Denial Phase into his standard Deflect and Blame Phase with his "It's not our fault it's THEIR fault".

"Manchester City’s UEFA Champions League fixture at home to Real Madrid has been postponed.

The decision to postpone Tuesday’s game was made in conjunction with UEFA and follows confirmation that players from Real Madrid will self-isolate for fifteen days, after it emerged that a player from the club’s basketball team tested positive for COVID-19.

The Club sends its best wishes to the players and staff at Real Madrid’s football and basketball teams.""

It's happening.

The question is going to be when will a 'critical mass' be reached? 3 at Leicester, 1 (so far) at City......

It’s time to pull the plug until this crisis is over.
At first it was amusing to poke fun at Liverpool about the possibility of them not lifting the trophy but BD is right, it’s way too serious a subject now.
I have no idea what the PL will do today, following their meeting via videolink with all 20 clubs, but whatever they do, they must put people before sport.

It’s time to pull the plug until this crisis is over.
At first it was amusing to poke fun at Liverpool about the possibility of them not lifting the trophy but BD is right, it’s way too serious a subject now.
I have no idea what the PL will do today, following their meeting via videolink with all 20 clubs, but whatever they do, they must put people before sport.

I agree

....and following suit, all premier League and EFL matches suspended until 3rd April

BBC News - Coronavirus: Premier League and EFL suspended until 3 April at earliest
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51867989

.... currently the first city match scheduled after this date is the home game Vs the dippers. We will see....

It seems China is getting a handle on their situation now, so we would be wise to learn from their mistakes, and press the pause button until it's under control.

Last edited:
The Australian rugby league (NRL) season started yesterday - three games played so far in front of crowds.
Five more games due, but a player from one club yet to start is being tested - no result as yet.

Already announced that the second round of games next week will be behind closed doors, nothing as yet about the third week. All their games are televised by free to air and subscription channels.

Super League here still being played, although Leeds, due to play in France behind closed doors, have refused to travel.

It seems China is getting a handle on their situation now, so we would be wise to learn from there mistakes, and press the pause button until it's under control.
Don't think we have much to learn from China who gave us this virus in the first place. We should not believe their figures and their actions are too draconian for free societies to accept.