Coronavirus issues | Page 3 | Vital Football

Coronavirus issues

This morning, the government is very likely to escalate the UK’s response from the containment phase to the delay phase. For sport, this would mean the possibility of sporting events being cancelled.

I was hearing on R5Live-rpool that the football response will be playing all games (Premier, Championship, League 1 and on down.....) behind closed doors. Must be some dipper fans in the cabinet wanting the PL to finish.

The players themselves must be concerned, perhaps not for themselves (they are fit young men) but for their families.

Indeed.....along with all the employees at the club from those directly involved in first team affairs to those working throughout the club structure down to those dealing with laundry or serving drinks to fans on match days. They will all have families and in many cases elderly relatives who are the most vulnerable......

There is a higher responsibility.

It is already doing the rounds about how, when matches in Madrid are being played behind closed doors, 3,000 Atletico fans travelled to Liverpool, spent time in bars in the city, stayed in hotels and travelled through airport lounges and on public transport..........and the same will apply next Tuesday when RM are due in Manchester.

I can see it being played behind closed doors.

Another thing to consider is that, if players are sent home, even for a few days, they’re not going to be in tiptop condition if they’ve not been able to train.

Indeed.....along with all the employees at the club from those directly involved in first team affairs to those working throughout the club structure down to those dealing with laundry or serving drinks to fans on match days. They will all have families and in many cases elderly relatives who are the most vulnerable......

There is a higher responsibility.

It is already doing the rounds about how, when matches in Madrid are being played behind closed doors, 3,000 Atletico fans travelled to Liverpool, spent time in bars in the city, stayed in hotels and travelled through airport lounges and on public transport..........and the same will apply next Tuesday when RM are due in Manchester.

I can see it being played behind closed doors.

I see the plot now, get your players to attend somewhere crowded and then.... well you know the rest, Madrid should forfeit the game through stupidity

As the RM players have gone into quarantine, as is reported all over the place now, there is no way they will be able to travel for the game on Tuesday.
Only a matter of when it is announced the game is off.

Of course another point is.. ....if the season is completed and the dippers join the "One Club" alongside Blackburn and Leicester......there almost certainly won't be a parade if the government institutes a ban on large public gatherings. 😷🤔

Of course another point is.. ....if the season is completed and the dippers join the "One Club" alongside Blackburn and Leicester......there almost certainly won't be a parade if the government institutes a ban on large public gatherings. 😷🤔
True, but the dips will say it is a small price to pay. Besides, they’ll probably just organise a street party outside Klanfield.

It’s chaos, isn’t it.
Nobody knows how it’ll pan out, including the authorities.

Yep, all a guessing game. Ireland has moved from containment to delay, all schools, universities and childcare services closed from tonight until end of March, gatherings over 100 indoors banned, gatherings over 500 outdoors banned.

Sporting authorities need to do the sensible thing and take the strain off the health service as much as possible.

Yep, all a guessing game. Ireland has moved from containment to delay, all schools, universities and childcare services closed from tonight until end of March, gatherings over 100 indoors banned, gatherings over 500 outdoors banned.

Sporting authorities need to do the sensible thing and take the strain off the health service as much as possible.
I hope Mrs. BD will cope with the children being off school.

I cannot believe they are even contemplating the continuation of the UEFA European Championship. Of all the times you don't want masses of people travelling between multiple European cities to gather in stadia....

But the actual cancellation of the European club competitions has to be a realistic possibility. The inertia of the football authorities in this regard is breathtaking. Clearly it is the fiscal drag of the money it will cost them from sponsorship and broadcasting.......that is what is causing them to act with leaden feet. :mad:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/11156226/champions-league-axe-juventus-rugani-coronavirus/