Coronavirus issues | Page 2 | Vital Football

Coronavirus issues

Call everything off now. Some might say that's over the top but we should (governments) be doing everything in our power to contain.

Can't believe that Cheltenham went ahead.

Give Liverpool their title, could care less I'm more concerned with the prospect of risking lives of the sick and elderly.

Abandoning the season seems, as it stands, the only logical solution to this.

However, questions can be asked how Arsenal played at weekend (after playing Olympiacos) but can't tonight.

It's a organisational mess.

Growing evidence exists that the only truly effective measures are social distancing including the avoidance of mass gatherings, events etc. BD is absolutely spot on - couldn't care less about Liverpool and the title - the safety of the elderly and those already unwell trumps that every day.

My son is an intensive care nurse - I am anticipating he is going to be put under severe pressure and stress over coming weeks; my cousin's husband has just been diagnosed with lymphoma and undergoing chemotherapy which will increase the risk due his suppressed immune system.....we will all have similar concerns and worries.

There are bigger issues here but I fear that the government of Boris Johnson haven't a clue. They never expected to be dealing with anything serious did they?

Growing evidence exists that the only truly effective measures are social distancing including the avoidance of mass gatherings, events etc. BD is absolutely spot on - couldn't care less about Liverpool and the title - the safety of the elderly and those already unwell trumps that every day.

My son is an intensive care nurse - I am anticipating he is going to be put under severe pressure and stress over coming weeks; my cousin's husband has just been diagnosed with lymphoma and undergoing chemotherapy which will increase the risk due his suppressed immune system.....we will all have similar concerns and worries.

There are bigger issues here but I fear that the government of Boris Johnson haven't a clue. They never expected to be dealing with anything serious did they?
I agree with you absolutely, Skoorb, except the last bit. Imagine Corbyn and his lot n charge. They who haven’t been in power for eons.

No best steer clear of that - my comment was really aimed at BJ's personal 'competance'. I have zero faith in his abilities as a leader at any time and even less so during a crisis of these proportions.

No best steer clear of that - my comment was really aimed at BJ's personal 'competance'. I have zero faith in his abilities as a leader at any time and even less so during a crisis of these proportions.
Fair enough. I felt the same way about Corbyn.

Can't imagine either Pep (or Klopp for that matter) voting for the tory s**m. As Bluebud rightly says at least Labour would prioritise people over money.

But back to the footie...?

Hmmm. I think we can all expect this to only escalate and I would not be surprised to see European competitions suspended in the not too distant future. By next week we may find RM unable/unwilling to fly to the UK.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In the next few hours the Spanish FA, LaLiga and the Players Union will meet to discuss the possibility of stopping LaLiga from now on (the FA has cancelled all completions from 2nd B below, the ones they control and want First and Second division also cancelled)</p>&mdash; Guillem Balague (@GuillemBalague) <a href=" ">March 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hmmm. I think we can all expect this to only escalate and I would not be surprised to see European competitions suspended in the not too distant future. By next week we may find RM unable/unwilling to fly to the UK.....
There has been a serious outbreak in Madrid and the dips are complaining about why Atletico’s fans have been allowed to travel for their game tonight.
So, you’re right Skoorb, RM’s visit could come under scrutiny by the time we are due to play.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/3000-atletico-fans-travel-coronavirus-17902323

Well they reap what they sow. As European Royalty™ they would have kicked up a massive fuss had it been played behind closed doors. What this is really about is having only their fans in the stadium to intimidate the Atletico players.

Trophies already won should remain, everything else should be scrubbed from the record books and the season cancelled. It's for the children!:yes::grinning::sneaky:

I can see that our match v RM will either be cancelled or will have to be played behind closed doors this denying us the benefit of home support