Coronavirus issues | Vital Football

Coronavirus issues

Skoorb

Alert Team
The government has called a meeting with the PL on Monday to discuss the implications of the coronavirus outbreak.

Joking aside of watching dippers going into meltdown at the prospect of the season being cancelled........ there are serious issues to be considered including whether matches should be played behind closed doors or the implications of the virus getting hold within any of the squads. After all they have families and mix with other staff ......they are just as at risk as the rest of the population.

Coronavirus: Government tells Premier League to 'step up' planning
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51747062

"The first team environment is especially crucial: an outbreak affecting the first team of just one club could make completing the season very difficult to achieve,"

There have been one or two players in Europe tested positive so it appears that it is only a matter of when, not if.

I think this one was easier to call. With all the £ at stake in the Premier League I have my doubts that they will call any games off......

Depending on the progress of the outbreak over the next 4 weeks, I can see our home fixture v the dippers being played behind closed doors though....

I think this one was easier to call. With all the £ at stake in the Premier League I have my doubts that they will call any games off......

Depending on the progress of the outbreak over the next 4 weeks, I can see our home fixture v the dippers being played behind closed doors though....

they may be forced to if the Government steps in.

Laughably the PL has cancelled players handshakes before the match .......but then we see the managers and coaching staff and players all shaking hands etc when the matches end 🙄😷

This virus can't be stopped, only slowed down, so we just have to accept the consequences which are difficult to quantify for the World. Am I worried, well not really.

Quite so. Genie us out of the bottle.

But the vague and half-hearted attempts to show they are 'doing something' amuse me. There is a difference between doing something effective and 'this is something therefore I will do it' .....

Last edited: