City Ground | Page 14 | Vital Football

City Ground

One of the letters on the RBC site alludes to new facilities, Trent Facing, being built as a separate project; the Boat Club is now in agreement

Yes, the revolving facility will be stored under the water level when not in use. It will also be used by Trent Uni to study the wonderful life beneath the surface that we rarely get a glimpse of, such has used jonnies, forks off a raleigh grifter and the odd Gem shopping trolley. Gem was the supermarket that was there before ASDA. A place that our man baxter used to source is aromatic blend of pipe tobacco. I doubt they will see any of that below the surface.

Wonderful

Yes, the revolving facility will be stored under the water level when not in use. It will also be used by Trent Uni to study the wonderful life beneath the surface that we rarely get a glimpse of, such has used jonnies, forks off a raleigh grifter and the odd Gem shopping trolley. Gem was the supermarket that was there before ASDA. A place that our man baxter used to source is aromatic blend of pipe tobacco. I doubt they will see any of that below the surface.

Wonderful

Yes you are quite correct; there is a note from the Man from Atlantis, who has been employed on a consultancy basis by the Boat Club, to that effect.

Yes so I hear. Once he has finished filming the Ewings involvement in the East Side Development, he will be all over this shit and WILL be picking me up on grammatical errors in the above quoted post the div.

It looks like RBC has been inundated with correspondence in support of the planning application.

There must be at least a thousand public comments posted this week; most of which support the application but there are a few strange ones

One complaint is from Sport England, who are complaining about a playing field, one Comment is from Mr Alan Edwards of RBC inviting Debbie from accounts out for a game of Ten Pin Bowling and one from a Mr R Dawes of Cornwall, pointing out that there is no provision for pedal stools in the new stand.

The NEP are reporting that the housing block will now be 19 stories high.

Could that pose a problem when they come to sell them?

I read somewhere that Banks and Building Societies have been refusing mortgages on properties in blocks which are higher than 10 stories; not sure if that impacts on new builds.

Last edited:

I read somewhere that Banks and Building Societies have been refusing mortgages on properties in blocks which are higher than 10 stories; not sure of that impacts on new builds.
On the flooded embankment I'd imagine they won't be happy insuring any lower than the 9th either!

I read somewhere that Banks and Building Societies have been refusing mortgages on properties in blocks which are higher than 10 stories; not sure if that impacts on new builds.

The Rushcliffe Civic building development is currently on hold and all contractors have been laid off.

Nothing to do with this. Some young man has had a very serious accident and HSE has closed it down apparently.

I think 19 stories is a little excessive. Is that more than they have at Stamford Bridge hotel? Taking it for what it is though, it is a great bit of real estate that will belong to the the owner and not the council (I suspect) although how man Baxter will no doubt contradict that.

Some lenders aren't that keen, but it depends upon the whole development, location, demand etc. It is arguably a prime site, but there will be negative factors.

Of greater concern would be proximity to the River Trent and the also commercial premises that surround it, possibly even the CG itself.

The Rushcliffe Civic building development is currently on hold and all contractors have been laid off.

Nothing to do with this. Some young man has had a very serious accident and HSE has closed it down apparently.

I think 19 stories is a little excessive. Is that more than they have at Stamford Bridge hotel? Taking it for what it is though, it is a great bit of real estate that will belong to the the owner and not the council (I suspect) although how man Baxter will no doubt contradict that.
Its Bacsta to you. No I wont contradict that at all. From what I have picked up though the club may not be involved in this part of the development. They may even chose to sell that part of the site on with planning.

It looks like RBC has been inundated with correspondence in support of the planning application.

There must be at least a thousand public comments posted this week; most of which support the application but there are a few strange ones

One complaint is from Sport England, who are complaining about a playing field, one Comment is from Mr Alan Edwards of RBC inviting Debbie from accounts out for a game of Ten Pin Bowling and one from a Mr R Dawes of Cornwall, pointing out that there is no provision for pedal stools in the new stand.
Just as a matter of interest I picked up from somewhere so not claiming itk that the contractor will be the Buckinghamshire Construction group. Some interesting contract values given on their website for sports stadia they have been involved with.

Some lenders aren't that keen, but it depends upon the whole development, location, demand etc. It is arguably a prime site, but there will be negative factors.

Of greater concern would be proximity to the River Trent and the also commercial premises that surround it, possibly even the CG itself.

The Trent, as you know, is at it's highest level since 2000 and the area is still safe. I went down yesterday and its over the top step but still several feet away from touching that area.

Im surprised the match hasnt been called off though. The pitch must be saturated. I know they installed the drainage but given the Reading game was called off with much less rain, and no end in sight for this current spell of rain, you would think that its in jeopardy but the club are still pushing to sell the last 100 tickets

The Trent, as you know, is at it's highest level since 2000 and the area is still safe. I went down yesterday and its over the top step but still several feet away from touching that area.

Im surprised the match hasnt been called off though. The pitch must be saturated. I know they installed the drainage but given the Reading game was called off with much less rain, and no end in sight for this current spell of rain, you would think that its in jeopardy but the club are still pushing to sell the last 100 tickets
Given the rain forecast for this evening and another 5-6 hours of fairly heavy rain forecast tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised by a Friday morning decision to call it off for public safety. Presumably they want to sell out first

Which is a huge shame, because I don’t think there’s a team forest could be more suited to playing than QPR at home.
Absolutely. They are perfect, and with a manager who won't do anything to negate our style or compromise on "plan A".

They can beat us if they play 100% all game or we have key people out/not at their best.

But playing like we can, they are perfect for us

I notice one of the residents of Roseberry Avenue is in full support of the development. " Cant wait to see it done"

I drove over Trent Bridge on Tuesday, when I say drove it took hours due to traffic problems.... River is certainly high & it's not the risk of flooding, but the danger to fans that will be the biggest problem.

Whilst the area is 'safe' - it's the risk that it might not be & thus, the ability to insure such property developments, becomes a much greater issue.... if you can't insure it, very unlikely you'd secure lending against it.

In terms of the game, Bounty/Plenty has been on offer in Morrisons - so, NFFC have a contingency plan!

OR They could have borrowed the supersopper from Trent Bridge!

NIMBY’s always protest. If all they can complain about is noise and parking then nothing to worry about. They have that problem anyway without the alterations and plans. Planners always have to take these things in to consideration. Can’t see those kind of statements derailing the process.