City Ground | Page 15 | Vital Football

City Ground

The determination deadline for a decision on planning permission is this Friday. As I understand it that is it for RBC to make their mind up. After that date it gets very messy.

With a complete design change on the residential blocks being insisted on by RBC a delay was inevitable. The clubs architects response times have been admirable in this respect. Yesterday, one day before the statutory planning deadline the jobsworths at the Environment Agency came up with their helpful requirements. I believe RBC are keen for this development to go ahead, but only when it is completely right for them. My money is on it being passed at the next planning committee meeting which is on the 12th March.

With a complete design change on the residential blocks being insisted on by RBC a delay was inevitable. The clubs architects response times have been admirable in this respect. Yesterday, one day before the statutory planning deadline the jobsworths at the Environment Agency came up with their helpful requirements. I believe RBC are keen for this development to go ahead, but only when it is completely right for them. My money is on it being passed at the next planning committee meeting which is on the 12th March.

Tbh this is great news, suggests that there is a level of political will rarely seen in RBC for serious stuff. Also credit the club, some serious patience being shown and professional approach to methodically addressing the blockers.

I also think summer looks tight but clearly we should not rule it out if your timeline is right. Get the feeling people are waiting to see and trying not to get their hopes up as we have been here before. Otherwise i have a feeling there will be a new set of in-jokes about revolving boathouses that spring up on hydraulics when threntend with flooding.

Assuming Jb’s timeline is correct, it is delayed by 2/52. As little, building wise, was going to happen till May at earliest this is minor. Perhaps delays start of building Britannia Boat House replacement. The biggest delay will be if we are in playoffs, as this will put back demolition by three weeks. Really this two week delay is minor in overall scale. Assume timeline plans will have two options. One if we are in playoffs and one in we are not. Very keen to have a view of detailed plans. What new stand looks like, what is included, what new shops and bars are included, conference and catering, what revolves etc.

Assuming Jb’s timeline is correct, it is delayed by 2/52. As little, building wise, was going to happen till May at earliest this is minor. Perhaps delays start of building Britannia Boat House replacement. The biggest delay will be if we are in playoffs, as this will put back demolition by three weeks. Really this two week delay is minor in overall scale. Assume timeline plans will have two options. One if we are in playoffs and one in we are not. Very keen to have a view of detailed plans. What new stand looks like, what is included, what new shops and bars are included, conference and catering, what revolves etc.
Detailed plans have been out there for months.

Tbh this is great news, suggests that there is a level of political will rarely seen in RBC for serious stuff. Also credit the club, some serious patience being shown and professional approach to methodically addressing the blockers.

I also think summer looks tight but clearly we should not rule it out if your timeline is right. Get the feeling people are waiting to see and trying not to get their hopes up as we have been here before. Otherwise i have a feeling there will be a new set of in-jokes about revolving boathouses that spring up on hydraulics when threntend with flooding.

Why would people joke about something real?

Why would people joke about something real?

Its real when it happens. There has been talk of redeveloping the ground for decades but up to now the CG has always been seen as a problematic site which is why other sites have been spoken of.

The plans are real and this process is certainly the closest we have come to a major redevelopment since the TE but its not a done deal yet. Fingers crossed.