Charlton | Page 5 | Vital Football

Charlton

If that happens I suspect there'll be legal action flying towards the EFL from all directions.

Well I'm afraid if that does happen Cod then the EFL deserve all they get...they're not fit for purpose, not transparent, open or even approachable. This seasons ending could be the defining point for the EFL,the championship & how clubs are run / financed along with looking at players obscene wages.....

I've been having a long chat with a QC that lives in our village and he had a look at the evidence gathered by latics fans and also statements by the EFL,He said that at worst we will be given A six point penalty and he would be surprised if legal discussions hadn't already taken place to facilitate this! Iam certain we will be ok

Gosh I really hope your QC friend is right

If that happens I suspect there'll be legal action flying towards the EFL from all directions.

In normal civil cases often matters are resolved outside of a court room, often with no fault being established. Not saying that will occur on this occasion but you can’t rule it out. The efl are in a massive hole with all these cases ongoing and the ramifications going forward in terms of who’s in what league. I’ve no sympathy as any prudent organisation would have been transparent and upfront with timetables on these issues. It’s really not that hard.

I’m caught in 2 minds about survival.

The players and staff deserve it and have been incredible since the turn of the year. it’d be an amazing achievement and would ensure the club gets a lot more money next year.

On the other hand. We’ve spent far too much and have only just about got enough points to finish mid table (before points deduction). A lot of our squad look set to leave and the budget is likely to be much smaller making survival next year even more difficult. Is it inevitable that we go down anyway?

The players and staff deserve it and have been incredible since the turn of the year. it’d be an amazing achievement and would ensure the club gets a lot more money next year.

On the other hand. We’ve spent far too much and have only just about got enough points to finish mid table (before points deduction). A lot of our squad look set to leave and the budget is likely to be much smaller making survival next year even more difficult. Is it inevitable that we go down anyway?

I think there's a very high chance we would go down next year if we stayed up, potentially even with a record low points. However we would be £7 million pounds better off minimum (excluding player sales and relegation clauses etc). If we don't go under an embargo we will be signing prospects form leagues one and two who can hopefully step up.

However if we go down, we will still have to rebuild a squad but find the other money from somewhere and there is a serious risk of further relegation into league two. League one next year is going to be relatively strong, Pompey, Ipswich, Sunderland will all be up there, not to mention the Peterboroughs and oxfords willing to throw money at it.

For me, survival this season is imperative as it will set the tone for where we are for the next ten years. Yo-yo ing between championship and league one or the next Bradford city/oldham

It’s more about the value of the players - go down and clauses kick in and they’ll get sold for far less than what they’re worth. Club is therefore worth less and not as attractive to potential buyers. It really is that crucial in my opinion.

It’s more about the value of the players - go down and clauses kick in and they’ll get sold for far less than what they’re worth. Club is therefore worth less and not as attractive to potential buyers. It really is that crucial in my opinion.
Exactly. If we go down any prospective buyers will go as well, I believe. I honestly think we’ll sink without trace. Forget dropping down to L2, we could lose the club entirely.

If we stayed up, yes our squad would be decimated, but the chances of finding a competent buyer hugely increase. We’ll have the financial rewards of being in the second tier. Plus while we will rightly be massive favourites to go down, it will be a weak league next year. All three promoted teams from L1 look beatable as would whoever stays up from Charlton/Luton. Also as fans we’d know survival is all that matters and like in our Prem days would channel all our positivity and support the team even if we’re getting beat most weeks.

As others have already said it almost doesn't matter about going down next season as long as we stay up this season due to the financial implications of being in admin.

If we survive in this league this season it drastically increases the clubs chances of survival overall.

We are more or less relagated. I always thought cook was the right man unlike many many knobs on here.

Its a shame but the 12 point handicap that is given to anyone in admin is the rules argue all you like about it being unfair if it was on the other boot and it was us staying up because an owner was a prick would we want them to stay up instead of us

I've been having a long chat with a QC that lives in our village and he had a look at the evidence gathered by latics fans and also statements by the EFL,He said that at worst we will be given A six point penalty and he would be surprised if legal discussions hadn't already taken place to facilitate this! Iam certain we will be ok

Regarding face saving I think the independent pannel probably won't take that into account. So i can only see it effectively being all or non if we can find the loophole that legally stands up.

Also if the EFL admit we are guilty by punishing us but fail to give us the set penalty then they haven't got a leg to stand on to defend themselves from legal action from the club that goes down in our place. I think giving us a reduced sentence will cause them more problems than recinding it.

We are more or less relagated. I always thought cook was the right man unlike many many knobs on here.

Its a shame but the 12 point handicap that is given to anyone in admin is the rules argue all you like about it being unfair if it was on the other boot and it was us staying up because an owner was a prick would we want them to stay up instead of us

Craig give it a rest and grow up. Adults can civilly disagree on things without name calling. Remember you were backing our new owners the week or two before they fucked us when many of us were very concerned with the alarming data Pies'r'us had brought to our attention- so don't be boasting how clever you think you are at predicting things.

Stop trying so hard lol

I was thinking more on the pitch rather than off it and focused more on how I’ve really enjoyed our promotion seasons in League 1. I can’t really say the same for our struggles on the Championship. It’s Sod’s law that we finally build a good team at this level and there’s a global pandemic and we go into admin, only at Latics!

Our playing squad is likely to be decimated and we’ll be starting from scratch next season. It’d be harder to build a competitive squad on a shoestring budget (compared to other clubs) in the Championship than it would in League 1. Whoever the new owners are they will have to put significant amounts of money into the club. The wage bill needs to come down a lot too, I hope to god we do stay up but it’ll be a hell of a challenge to get decent players to come to the club whilst reducing the wage bill too. Best case for me would be stay up and only have to sell a couple of players, the current squad is clearly working well together and all the hard work has started to pay off on the pitch. It’s taken a while but some of our recent performances have been top class. Even when we’ve not played as well against Barnsley and Charlton we’ve battled away and got a point. If our recent form had been stretched out over a season we’d have been fighting for promotion

FFS...there was I thinking we had to win 1 game and we would probably survive. I hope none of our players ever glance on here and read any surrender stories. Charlton will not win at Leeds so can we have a bit of positivity as that negative shit permeates through to the players. If we don't manage it then that's the time for doom and gloom, not now.

1 game to win, that's it...1 game. They will be nervous just like us.

One more game and a win should keep us up despite any points deduction. I know we can do it. We have beaten a lot of the top teams. And whatever happens we can be immensely proud of how the players, the staff and the fans have taken this crisis head on with passion and unity that is Wigan. One way or another we will come out of this as Wigan Athletic and continue to shake things up. UTFT 😀😀

With WBA and Brentford both at home, it’s still a long shot for Fulham and they must know that.

All we can do is win the game ....if we do there’s a good chance that Luton and Charlton won’t both win.
Luton look likelier but the fact is they aren’t as good as Blackburn and while Leeds are home and dry, that at least means they’ll be playing without pressure or the fear of blowing it again.

Its not over yet.

Craig give it a rest and grow up. Adults can civilly disagree on things without name calling. Remember you were backing our new owners the week or two before they fucked us when many of us were very concerned with the alarming data Pies'r'us had brought to our attention- so don't be boasting how clever you think you are at predicting things.
Eh