Charlton | Page 3 | Vital Football

Charlton

High foot on Kipre. Morsy got booked for similar before. No yellow????

Morsy got booked for persistent fouling as opposed to the foul itself
You could see the ref pointing round the pitch before he cautioned him
So the ref (who I didn't particularly rate) treated them both the same in that instance

Reactions: GSM
I thought we were lucky to escape with a point there. Not much attacking threat from us in the 2nd half. If we do end up going down it’ll be because of our performance today and at Barnsley, we seemed to stop going forward and dropped too deep. I can’t fault the players or staff at all, they’ve been fantastic over the last few months. Hopefully they’ll stay up and it’ll be a hell of an achievement.

I thought we were lucky to escape with a point there. Not much attacking threat from us in the 2nd half. If we do end up going down it’ll be because of our performance today and at Barnsley, we seemed to stop going forward and dropped too deep. I can’t fault the players or staff at all, they’ve been fantastic over the last few months. Hopefully they’ll stay up and it’ll be a hell of an achievement.

If we do go down its nothing to do with anything that happened on the field unfortunately.

Yes, I believe if we beat Fulham we will survive. We go again but unfortunately Fulham look like they will have something to play for so nerves kick in...ask Brentford.

Fitting really, that the goal which effectively relegates us is in the 93rd minute. How many fucking points this season have we pissed away in stoppage time?

Know it would feel this bad at full time if we didn't win but it still doesn't feel any better. Luton and Charlton against sides on the beach last day and us against a automatic promotion chasing Fulham.

Its over. I'm proud, but truly devastated for those players and scared for the future of our club.

Gutting but we totally lost our composure and our game management was really poor in the last 20 mins that previously has been really good. I think if it wasn't under regular circumstances we should've been able to see that out but the situation meant the pressure was immense and panic set in and we just kept making mistakes and playing into Charlton hands.

The lads gave us their all but they are human and very rarely is the pressure so high so it's understandable they struggled to be composed.

Don't think we can really complain too much though as Charlton were all over us for much of the game.

Devastating. More so how it happened so late rather than the actual result.

Even Brentford bottling their chance of automatic promotion has also fucked us.

Hoping the results fall right for us in the 3 o’clock games or it’s over to our QC.

Devastating. More so how it happened so late rather than the actual result.

Even Brentford bottling their chance of automatic promotion has also fucked us.

Hoping the results fall right for us in the 3 o’clock games or it’s over to our QC.
Let’s see what happens in the other games before we get too down. I still think that Marshall save could be crucial and today’s point could be crucial. We have to give Charlton credit, they did a job on us and made us change to three at the back to match up with them. We were always going to struggle then as that is not our normal formation. Credit for the boys for standing up to so much pressure, just a shame we couldn’t see it through. Charlton will more gutted than us as they threw the kitchen sink at us. I don’t think Leeds are going to be as easy a touch as some people think. Their manager is too professional and there is too much at stake at the bottom.